Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily Chat Tuesday 7/22/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #2  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone,

Week #8 WI down 2.4lbs for a total of 23lbs lost. I am half way to goal So happy right now. I don't know that I will make it to my original goal because I've never been that thin. It all depend on what size clothes I get down to and how much loose skin and wrinkles I'll end up with. If it's not attractive I won't go that low. Anyway thrilled right now!!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #3  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

First week with less than a pound loss on the scale. All my inches are up as well. I have my true TOM now, so I guess that's the culprit. I've been dealing with a lighter period the entire month so I had hoped this week wouldn't be too bad, but my body will do what it wants I suppose. Won't let it get me down, it will all even out next week, I hope!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #4  

Default Good morning!

Hi everyone!
Today is "doctor day" for me. Seeing my cardiologist for follow-up to my second set of pulmonary embolisms last November. He should be happy with my progress! Haven't seen him since January! Then I am checking in with my internist to have her run a full set of labs to see how things are now that I have been on plan since April. She knows how much I have lost but hasn't seen me in person. I will also talk with her about how my emotions have been pretty wild lately. I'm sure it's diet and/or hormone related, but we need to discuss whether or not to adjust my anti-depressant meds to help me cope in the meantime.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #5  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Week #8 WI down 2.4lbs for a total of 23lbs lost. I am half way to goal So happy right now. I don't know that I will make it to my original goal because I've never been that thin. It all depend on what size clothes I get down to and how much loose skin and wrinkles I'll end up with. If it's not attractive I won't go that low. Anyway thrilled right now!!
You're doing amazing!!!!!!! My goal weight was a bit of a mystery since I haven't seen it since pre-kids. I already feel good at my current weight, but think the extra five pounds off will give me more "wiggle room" (or less WIGGLE). I already can see that, for me, it will be about figuring the ratio or boobs to bottom. Could really use a little "filling" on the top....but that means extra on the bottom too.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #6  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
First week with less than a pound loss on the scale. All my inches are up as well. I have my true TOM now, so I guess that's the culprit. I've been dealing with a lighter period the entire month so I had hoped this week wouldn't be too bad, but my body will do what it wants I suppose. Won't let it get me down, it will all even out next week, I hope!
Refuse to be discouraged!!!! It's my TOM also, and I am DARN glad that I don't weigh in at my clinic this week (and happy that my scale is broken also). With being thinner now, I can see how REALLY bloated I am...I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not 5 lbs up right now. But I know it's only water! Keep your chin up PishPosh....we're going to be in P2 SOON!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Question: How many of you weigh yourself everyday?

I find myself doing this and I don't think its healthy to do so. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by IntheEvening; 07-22-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #8  
Evemomma

Thumbs down

[QUOTE=GraceRev;5044570]Hi everyone!
Today is "doctor day" for me. Seeing my cardiologist for follow-up to my second set of pulmonary embolisms last November. He should be happy with my progress! Haven't seen him since January! Then I am checking in with my internist to have her run a full set of labs to see how things are now that I have been on plan since April. She knows how much I have lost but hasn't seen me in person. I will also talk with her about how my emotions have been pretty wild lately. I'm sure it's diet and/or hormone related, but we need to discuss whether or not to adjust my anti-depressant meds to help me cope in the meantime.

Hope everyone has a great OP day! [QUOTE]
(Sorry still have multiple quote problems)

GraceRev....pulmonary embolisms are SCARY! What a miracle you are doing so well. I bet your docs are going to be blown away by your progress. You are turning into a new woman! My hormones are definitely causing more havoc with my emotions. I am getting pretty icky PMS (super grouchy, easily tearful) compared to before. I took myself off my antidepressant (Wellbutrin) in March because I wanted to see how I would do without it. I had been on antidepressants since losing my son 4 years ago. I think all in all I'm doing REALLY well. Pretty sure my emotions are not depression but the hormone stuff. Blech. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #9  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
I bet all your numbers will be great and the doctors will be very happy with your progress. I would love to see mine to see if they have improved, I'm sure they have. As far as anti-depressants. I took them in 2008 and they caused me to gain 18 lbs. I didn't know that that was a possibility when I started or I would have made them perscribe one that didn't cause weight gain.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #10  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
You're doing amazing!!!!!!! My goal weight was a bit of a mystery since I haven't seen it since pre-kids. I already feel good at my current weight, but think the extra five pounds off will give me more "wiggle room" (or less WIGGLE). I already can see that, for me, it will be about figuring the ratio or boobs to bottom. Could really use a little "filling" on the top....but that means extra on the bottom too.
Yes, I want some wiggle room for sure. I actually set my goal about 12 lbs less than I want to be for that wiggle room. I''ve given up on the "filling" on top because I don't want the extra everywhere else. I'm not as young as you though so I just don't care anymore. Besides Victoria Secret makes some amazing bras. LOl
Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #11  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I bet all your numbers will be great and the doctors will be very happy with your progress. I would love to see mine to see if they have improved, I'm sure they have. As far as anti-depressants. I took them in 2008 and they caused me to gain 18 lbs. I didn't know that that was a possibility when I started or I would have made them perscribe one that didn't cause weight gain.
I started on Zoloft after my son was stillborn. As I had a surviving twin who I intended to nurse, I was prescribed Zoloft (one of the only ones you can use when nursing). I gained THIRTY pounds in a few months!!!!!!! I'm sure grief didn't help, and of course nursing does make you hungry, but....

THIRTY!

Anyway, I ended up on a few different ones because I couldn't tolerate all the side effect of Zoloft. There are definitely more weight neutral antidepressants. I took Wellbutrin XL (Buproprion) for 2 years that was FAIRLY weight neutral. It is not an SSRI and has a bit of a stimulant-like effect, so I initally lost a little weight on it. But then I felt like it was also preventing me from losing (well....it was probably the daily dose of McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese Value meal....) so I stopped. I also just wanted to see where I was b/c most of my unhappiness was centered around my weight.

Glad I am attacking this from a different point now. As a therapist, I know depression is a VERY real thing. And I know how disabling it is. I love that now I can telly my clients FROM EXPERIENCE that your diet really does make such a difference in how your body feels. I had just always been in denial about this. NO MORE.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #12  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Question: How many of you weigh yourself everyday?

I find myself doing this and I don't think its healthy to do so. What are your thoughts on this?
Daily weighing was making me CRAZY! When I first started IP and I was losing pretty quickly, it was good to see the scale go down so much....but then I just got scale-obsessed. I actually put my scale in a drawer with a childproof lock (mind you, I can, in fact, undo the lock....but there would have to be a coordinated effort involved versus just seeing the scale randomly on the floor and hopping on).

My scale broke, so now I am only weighing every 2 weeks at my clinic. However, once i am in maintenance, I will be adopting a more careful approach to weighing to make sure I stay on target. But for now since i am not going off-plan, I like not having to stress about the numbers.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #13  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post

Glad I am attacking this from a different point now. As a therapist, I know depression is a VERY real thing. And I know how disabling it is. I love that now I can telly my clients FROM EXPERIENCE that your diet really does make such a difference in how your body feels. I had just always been in denial about this. NO MORE.
Loved this quote! I didn't realize the difference in how I was feeling untill I had a slip for more than a few days... boy could I feel my moods change! Felt like my head was underwater and I was sooo tired.... it dawned on me that that's how I felt most of the time when I was eating junk daily... good motivator to get back on the horse!!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Today is my supervisor's birthday. I made her brownies last night, broke up a symphony candy bar and put it in the middle, frosted them, and put more candy pieces on top. I made three pans for a coworker last week. NO MORE Brownie baking for this chick! lol Happy to report though that I did not taste, lick, or eat any!! not even the smallest nibble. I sure wanted to though. Lol not really. And when I went to bed last night, I felt so good!! and when I woke up today I felt even better!! I got this!!

I am prepared for today, they will be having chips, dip, sandwiches, brownies...and nagging me to eat! I brought my IP food and veggies cut up and an IP double chocolate brownie for dessert.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #15  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Today is my supervisor's birthday. I made her brownies last night, broke up a symphony candy bar and put it in the middle, frosted them, and put more candy pieces on top. I made three pans for a coworker last week. NO MORE Brownie baking for this chick! lol Happy to report though that I did not taste, lick, or eat any!! not even the smallest nibble. I sure wanted to though. Lol not really. And when I went to bed last night, I felt so good!! and when I woke up today I felt even better!! I got this!!

I am prepared for today, they will be having chips, dip, sandwiches, brownies...and nagging me to eat! I brought my IP food and veggies cut up and an IP double chocolate brownie for dessert.
Wow, good job with not sneaking a piece of brownie. I'm off for the summer so thankfully I haven't had to deal with work party issues. The new school year begins in about the weeks and I will be put to the ultimate test everyday as I work in the kitchen. I'm just hoping and praying to stay strong and always remind myself to stay OP. The funny thing is school food isn't really worth cheating for it just smells good and it's habit to nibble.
Closed Thread