Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default rant

So we had our birthday office party today and I stayed OP. The comments were really annoying though. Everyone attending was over weight so they were negative. I was quizzed on what I am "allowed" to eat, and not out of genuine interest, but more so to point out what I wasn't "allowed" to eat. I politely said that I really don't like to talk about it, however if anyone was genuinely interested and would like more information i'd be happy to get with them later. After that I dodged their questions and just out right ignored them. Bottom line is, I am losing weight and getting healthy and they are getting fatter. Yes I said it. I guess it makes people feel guilty when they are stuffing their faces and I'm sipping on water! OK my mood really needs to change!! lol
Old 07-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I just made the zucchini apples, they were great. I'm so sick of steamed veggies. Thanks, evemomma
Old 07-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
So we had our birthday office party today and I stayed OP. The comments were really annoying though. Everyone attending was over weight so they were negative. I was quizzed on what I am "allowed" to eat, and not out of genuine interest, but more so to point out what I wasn't "allowed" to eat. I politely said that I really don't like to talk about it, however if anyone was genuinely interested and would like more information i'd be happy to get with them later. After that I dodged their questions and just out right ignored them. Bottom line is, I am losing weight and getting healthy and they are getting fatter. Yes I said it. I guess it makes people feel guilty when they are stuffing their faces and I'm sipping on water! OK my mood really needs to change!! lol
To say my colleagues were not supportive would be a HUGE understatement. I work with some people! Anyway, I rarely talked about my diet or kept it very general, "low carb, low fat, lotsa veggies and some meat"
I thought the same sorts of things you expressed. And I changed despite them!
It's just too bad that people we spend so many waking hours with can't be more supportive.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-22-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #34  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
People are so quick to judge even when they have zero knowledge on a subject. It's one of those "If I don't understand it, then it must be BAD". I get a lot of comments from my coworker like "You are lasting longer than I would" or "I could never go without dairy". Honestly, before IP, I thought that living without dairy was going to be terrible, but it hasn't been so bad. P1 is not forever and when it is over we will be so much better for it. I hope your coworkers enjoyed all their goodies, mine had cobbler today, I just telling myself this is MY decision and MY battle with my weight and my body that I am going to win.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

My MIL gave me such an out today, it was pretty funny. She walked in for the visit with a bag of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and handed them directly to me. She said, here, you can try them, it is a new recipe. Then she said, I don't like them, they are not very good and I am not making this recipe again. I laughed, tossed the bag away from me and said, well then I am sure they are not good enough to ruin my diet with! She thought it was funny and it was fine.
She will never get used to the way I eat. Even my husband says that he wishes she could change because he recognizes how much losing weight has helped us both through this surgery. He even had the grocery store moment where he felt so much better than the person in front of him. He went to get my fresh veggies and some fruits(I am on maintenance). He said he was waiting in line behind a guy with a huge gut that had two cases of beer and bacon. He thought the comparison of carts was pretty funny.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #36  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
If I feel like i'm getting a really snide comment on my loss or diet, i just cooly answer, "i just decided to start eating like a grown-up."

...shuts em down every time!

Though I have been REALLY lucky to be very supported. My hubby is making me a little (um, a LOT) jealous as he changed some habits when I first started IP, dropped 20 lbs right away and now is pretty much back to junk (minus the soda) AND maintaining his loss. GRRRRRR.

Last edited by evemomma; 07-22-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I have a lootttt of free time right now. I was watching Little House on the Prairie and the story was about a little boy who was fat and getting teased. What I found interesting was that they clearly padded the young actor to be fat. Now a days they would not have had to do that. They would have been able to find a child actor who fit the part. So sad.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #38  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

I keep seeing RTD on some people's posts.... Is this an acronym for something? Also, did I see that maybe there is a source where I can order supplies online? I may be traveling away from home fro several months with DH, and I'm having success, I don't want to get off track... Any help is much appreciated..

Last edited by caroling56; 07-22-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 200/178/170

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Question: How many of you weigh yourself everyday?

I find myself doing this and I don't think its healthy to do so. What are your thoughts on this?
Yes - i know what you mean. I do it every day as well. What i think is bad for me is my mood changes based on what the scale says! Down and i am excited - but worse, up and i get very discouraged.

I wish i could bring myself not to do it - but i just can't...
Old 07-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroling56 View Post
I keep seeing RTD on some people's posts.... Is this an acronym for something? Also, did I see that maybe there is a source where I can order supplies online? I may be traveling away from home fro several months with DH, and I'm having success, I don't want to get off track... Any help is much appreciated..
RTD is "ready to drink" as in pre-made shakes you can buy.

For your travels you can either see if your clinic will arrange to ship them to you or you will probably need to switch to alternative products that are IP comparable. IP does not sell directly on line though some people find some things on EBay.

If you want to order alternative products on line to gave shipped to your location, now is a good time to start reading the alternative thread. If you think you want to go that route I am happy to email you my list of products (and commentary) on what I order from Nashua! Just message me.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
My MIL gave me such an out today, it was pretty funny. She walked in for the visit with a bag of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and handed them directly to me. She said, here, you can try them, it is a new recipe. Then she said, I don't like them, they are not very good and I am not making this recipe again. I laughed, tossed the bag away from me and said, well then I am sure they are not good enough to ruin my diet with! She thought it was funny and it was fine.
She will never get used to the way I eat. Even my husband says that he wishes she could change because he recognizes how much losing weight has helped us both through this surgery. He even had the grocery store moment where he felt so much better than the person in front of him. He went to get my fresh veggies and some fruits(I am on maintenance). He said he was waiting in line behind a guy with a huge gut that had two cases of beer and bacon. He thought the comparison of carts was pretty funny.
I was at a Costco last weekend. I had spinach, mushrooms, cucumbers, celery, lettuce, and zucchini in my cart. The food dudes were there hawking their stuff, and one of them asked me as I walked past would you like some ice cream. Then she looked in my cart saw what I had and said you don't want any of this do you? I had to laugh and say no, thank you.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #42  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
People are so quick to judge even when they have zero knowledge on a subject. It's one of those "If I don't understand it, then it must be BAD". I get a lot of comments from my coworker like "You are lasting longer than I would" or "I could never go without dairy". Honestly, before IP, I thought that living without dairy was going to be terrible, but it hasn't been so bad. P1 is not forever and when it is over we will be so much better for it. I hope your coworkers enjoyed all their goodies, mine had cobbler today, I just telling myself this is MY decision and MY battle with my weight and my body that I am going to win.
It's funny, because if you had a health issue and were allergic, no one would think twice. They wouldn't be pushing peanut butter in your face if you were peanut intolerant. They would be uber-sensitive and making sure that they didn't serve you food prepared with peanuts. However, when we reduce something by choice, it's like that shouldn't count. I would be embarrassed to say to my gluten-free friend "oh, I could never live without...." To each his/her own.

I do know that my MIL has gone gluten free by choice and is losing weight, is off a bunch of medications, and is pain free from a lot of different health issues she has had for years. It's easy for her to say "no" to bread carbs as she just knows how good she feels now that she isn't eating wheat.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #43  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Totally get it. We all eat lunch together during the school year. I get so much attitude from everyone. It gets really old. They try to tease me and say " omg this cookie, pretzel, burrito whatever is soooo good" How would the ones that are pigging out on huge pretzels dipped in cheese like it if I said " you're going to kill yourself" probably wouldn't go over so well. Everyone seems to have an opinion about it.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #44  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Update from Vacation land!

I wanted to say to those of you struggling with bad attitudes -- I hear ya! I've had my share of that lately! But I've been determined to stay OP on this glorious vacation and I have been to the very best of my ability! That has gone a long way to improve my attitude. I even went on a 4 mile trail hike, then walked around for an additional two miles in the town today and ended up at a restaurant during happy hour where every delicious food you could imagine was being served for $4 each (cheap food, my weakness). I ate lettuce, people. With no dressing. LETTUCE! If I don't have a good weight loss week my bad attitude might come back.... =)

I can honestly feel my tastes changing. I look forward to my simple veggies.

Good luck with the rest of your week, everyone. We can do this! More specifically, if I can do this, I promise, any of YOU can do this, cause I'm a total weenie!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Most of you don't know me. Recently, I don't post much, but had great success on IP in 2013. I'm 65 and looking 66 down the bridge of my nose in a few weeks, and lost OVER 65 lbs last year in about 8 months. I've been off line a good bit the last few months..but have been reading and trying to stay current, esp with the members who have been around since my own journey to goal was unfolding.

Have a few thing to share with the newbies:

*I believe in daily weighing..get over yourself..that number is important. Take it as a plus. It's info on YOUR body. Learn to use it. It a necessity for managing your life after the "phases" . This is a lifelong journey and do not mistake that truth.

*100 % compliance (doesn't mean buying IP products ..alts work)... will buy you the best outcome ...faster.
How long do you think you have? At my age it was clear..why drag it out..

So .. you are 45 or younger...?
You should GRAB every day. You will live to regret not doing so. Everyone does not make it to 65. Read your local obits. Longer is the brass ring, esp if you have a weight issue. Quit kidding yourself about how young you are or are going to be around...

* Everyone does not deserve to know-understand or get to weigh in on your decision to do IP or a PSFB protocol!!!!
They also don't have a right to what you weighed before, after, or the total number of pounds you lost. Many..(I dare say most of us), are mortified we have gotten so overweight an extreme system to lose is necessary....even if there is a metabolic issue. MYOB is a natural response. More PC ...is to look them in the eye and say.."gee your questions/comments make me uncomfortable..." That's a show stopper..usually allowing you to change the subject..or...just ignore their response.NO one has the right to make you uncomfortable..or to discuss your weight ( esp if you are not present!! Sharing that info casually at any point will open that door for a long time..decide if you want that...and only you can make sure that does not happen). Now.
Of course there are some who are sincere..you MAY want to give more info..do be careful...most won't sign on...and will not be kind in future conversational reference.)

Be good to you. You deserve this. Get your head in the game...this losing stuff is the easy part. If you spend time and money now..you are investing in you. Figure out how you are going to maintain. Most of us have broken metabolism. You are not going to go back to donuts, pizza, daily wine and sugar. There may be a few who are on this journey who are not broken..but they do not have a significant, even shocking number of pounds or % of body weight to lose. A lot of other diets may well work for them . If you have not been successful elsewhere ....there is a reason.

Wishing everyone success in their journey, because I have tasted the honey. And it was not dessert.

Also..am realistic...and feel that message should be shared honestly.
Absolutely. My age plays a HUGE part in my attitude. I feel obligated to tell it like it is... Honesty can be unpopular..but it still has value.

Just because you are younger than I, is no guarantee you are going to get a chance to do this...later.

Many of us wish we had known about this 10 years ago..or more. Days lost can never be regained. Every day is a gift. I hope I did NOT miss my window. Everyone's is different. And no one knows what they got.

Celebrate today and your decisions... Hope for a wonderful tomorrow..everyday from now on! You deserve nothing less.

Last edited by 65X65; 07-22-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Closed Thread