Old 07-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #16  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Feeling good from my head to my shoes!!!!

Hello all, yes I have A New Attitude. Starting my fifth day today. Finally I feel in control again, and it feels so good.

I've been telling myself " I think I can, I think I can"
Now it's switch to " I know I can, I know I can"

No, it's not always easy as I sit here with a stomach grumbling. I am hungry, but rather than go to the kitchen, I'm drinking water and writing and reading...
That's progress for me.... I can tell I'm losing, because this morning I woke up and felt all clean inside. I don't know if you can relate, but it just feels like it's all good in there, no yucky feeling Plus my stomach looks flatter and my clothes just a tad fitting better......NSV I'm actually looking forward to weigh in day, unlike WW when I dreaded it.. And that is more progress!!!!!!
caroling56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #17  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijo8806 View Post
This is my first post and my 4th day on IP. I have stuck with it and have been OP all 4 days.
Welcome, the first week was the hardest for me so congrats on making it OP.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #18  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Monday everyone! Here's to hoping everyone has a great week!! I'm really hoping I lose at least 2.2 lbs at my WI on Friday so I will hit the 20 lbs lost mark!
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #19  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Having a hungry day today. I think I'm getting a little addicted to the UP wafer. It's what I want right now and it isn't what it brought with me so now I'm craving other things. I was never a "sweets" person before. Might be time to stop this before it becomes a bad habit. I only have about 20 pounds to goal and I won't be giving myself cookies every night.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #20  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Having a hungry day today. I think I'm getting a little addicted to the UP wafer. It's what I want right now and it isn't what it brought with me so now I'm craving other things. I was never a "sweets" person before. Might be time to stop this before it becomes a bad habit. I only have about 20 pounds to goal and I won't be giving myself cookies every night.
Boy, I go back and forth on this subject. Interested in what other's think. I was....AM....a sweets person. The IP restricted bars/wafers and Quest bars are what I think keeps me from cheating. I look forward to my restricted every day and try to plan it at the best possible time (in the afternoon before I go to work, when my family goes for ice cream). The restricted doesn't make me want to have MORE restricted, I think it helps me to feel good that I can eat a healthy version that I enjoy. So I guess, what I am saying: Is it so bad to crave something that is BOTH delicious and On-Plan?

I know that I cannot eat cookies every night on maintenance, but I may still continue to eat a daily Quest bar for all the benefits I get from saying "no" to other things.

Anyway, no real advice from me. Just continued thinking about how to "live it" in the long run. Good luck on whatever you decide!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good morning and Happy Monday,

Went out to a water park on Saturday. I did pretty well but, went out to eat dinner afterwards and I'm pretty sure the food I ordered was cooked with butter. I asked for it to be steamed but , I tasted butter on the veggies. Oh well, I did gain so thats all that matters to me. Hopefully no slow down. I woke up this morning with my tummy making a lot of noise. I'm not relating it to the food I ate out as that was Saturday. I'm not sure whats going on in there but, it doesn't sound good.
LOL, the tummy noise might just be proper hunger grumbles as it was time for breakfast... if it was the tummy, and not...ummm... lower down. Hopefully all is well. Don't worry too much about the butter on the veg thing, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and carry on!

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-21-2014 at 12:57 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

Please help. I am restarting the Ideal Protein, I had a recipe for barbecue sauce made from sugar free ketchup and brown sugar (slender). I have been looking for it for a week. If anyone has it i will appreciate it very much.

Thanks
rhondamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #23  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I too have never been a sweets person. I can pass up any kind of sweet but, offer me a chip or some bread and I couldn't resist. Now I am truly in love with chocolate brownie Quest Bars. I look so forward to it everyday. I think it's just because it's a different taste sensation after all the veggies and protein.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #24  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good morning and Happy Monday,

Went out to a water park on Saturday. I did pretty well but, went out to eat dinner afterwards and I'm pretty sure the food I ordered was cooked with butter. I asked for it to be steamed but , I tasted butter on the veggies. Oh well, I did gain so thats all that matters to me. Hopefully no slow down. I woke up this morning with my tummy making a lot of noise. I'm not relating it to the food I ate out as that was Saturday. I'm not sure whats going on in there but, it doesn't sound good.
I hate that when restaurants don't do as we request. I had a filet mingon last week that I think had butter on top (though I requested it dry). I sopped it up with a napkin instead of sending it back, since you can do that more easily with steak (compared to broccoli...have sent buttered broccoli back more than once). I just didn't have any of my EVOO for the day.

I don't do any "built in" cheats, and b/c of that, I don't sweat it too much when accidental snafus occur.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #25  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Anyone have any experience with continuing IP while moving their family - I'm worried I'm going to go for whatever is the easiest and quickest solution (i.e. not always healthy....pizza, fast food, etc.). We're moving 1200 miles on Aug. 5 and I'm trying to prep myself for it....
lizajuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #26  

We have a new restaurant in our town called The Heritage Chop House (in a century old house) that has a menu called 'Naked" mains - you pick a naked protein, choose a sauce (if you wish), choose your side (forms of starch - rice, noodle, potato several ways, or salads), and get fresh veg as well. I bet that will go over like gangbusters. Too bad more restaurants don't do that, eh?
Lots of naked protein choices too, like several types of fish, shellfish, lamb, beef, pork, chicken. I have to give it a try - this would work on so many levels - people doing lower fat, gluten free, IP compliant, allergies, etc. Just heard it advertising on the radio.

Liana
Old 07-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizajuse View Post
Anyone have any experience with continuing IP while moving their family - I'm worried I'm going to go for whatever is the easiest and quickest solution (i.e. not always healthy....pizza, fast food, etc.). We're moving 1200 miles on Aug. 5 and I'm trying to prep myself for it....
Do take out Chinese - get steamed veggies with chicken or beef for yourself and add hot sauce, soy sauce, etc. You stay OP & you can order other stuff easily for the rest of the family/moving gang. Step away from the pizza, especially if it's a 'trigger' food for you and you crave that kind of thing.
Try fast food restaurants that have side green salad choices, add a naked grilled chicken breast or beef patty (from their burger menu). Try to bring along a WF dressing you like, or just use vinegar, lemon, hot sauce on the salad. Deli counters at groceries work well too. Several slices of fatfree ham or turkey breast and celery sticks, baby cucumber to eat whole, etc. can help. If you have a big enough gang, a rotisserie chicken can also work. Just don't eat the sides that are on offer with it. No BBQ sauce dips for you! lol I keep a couple sporks in a baggie in the car glove box along with antibacterial gel for food stops that way I can choose whatever I wish from a grocery store and not have to buy pre-made stuff. Oh, and a can opener always comes in handy!

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-21-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #28  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/130/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Boy, I go back and forth on this subject. Interested in what other's think. I was....AM....a sweets person. The IP restricted bars/wafers and Quest bars are what I think keeps me from cheating. I look forward to my restricted every day and try to plan it at the best possible time (in the afternoon before I go to work, when my family goes for ice cream). The restricted doesn't make me want to have MORE restricted, I think it helps me to feel good that I can eat a healthy version that I enjoy. So I guess, what I am saying: Is it so bad to crave something that is BOTH delicious and On-Plan?

I know that I cannot eat cookies every night on maintenance, but I may still continue to eat a daily Quest bar for all the benefits I get from saying "no" to other things.

Anyway, no real advice from me. Just continued thinking about how to "live it" in the long run. Good luck on whatever you decide!
During Phase I I too looked so forward to my restricted. At one point my coach told me to reduce the restricted snacks for faster losses. I was really hesitant because that is what kept me from going off the plan. I eat a Quest bar with 4T of PB2 almost every night on maintenance. It feels like such a treat and is very filling.
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

[QUOTE=canadjineh;5044185]Do take out Chinese - get steamed veggies with chicken or beef for yourself and add hot sauce, soy sauce, etc. You stay OP & you can order other stuff easily for the rest of the family/moving gang. Step away from the pizza, especially if it's a 'trigger' food for you and you crave that kind of thing.[/QUOTE

Most pizza places also do salads these days. And many offer grilled chicken as a side add on....But small cans of tuna packed in water, and HB eggs from the convenience store (and even a pre-washed bag of romaine just in case) should be stashed in a small cooler with a few green peppers, a bag of celery and an English cucumber ...maybe this is your tomato day? Some cherry tomatoes too....! There should also be room in that cooler for a small plastic cutting board and a kitchen knife. You are good to go and with planning like this you can do this a few times during the move if you need too...you need to check out the convenience stores anyway!
Congrats on the good thing. A new home!!!

Last edited by 65X65; 07-21-2014 at 01:41 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
We have a new restaurant in our town called The Heritage Chop House (in a century old house) that has a menu called 'Naked" mains - you pick a naked protein, choose a sauce (if you wish), choose your side (forms of starch - rice, noodle, potato several ways, or salads), and get fresh veg as well. I bet that will go over like gangbusters. Too bad more restaurants don't do that, eh?
Lots of naked protein choices too, like several types of fish, shellfish, lamb, beef, pork, chicken. I have to give it a try - this would work on so many levels - people doing lower fat, gluten free, IP compliant, allergies, etc. Just heard it advertising on the radio.

Liana
That sounds amazing. I live in a huge town and don't think we have anything like this. But then I don't do out to eat that much anyway.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote