3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   After I lose weight I will.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/297969-after-i-lose-weight-i-will.html)

oneuh2 07-20-2014 03:47 PM

After I lose weight I will....

I just started IP 11 days ago so I have many months to reach my goal. As I travel the journey, I want to keep in mind those daily real life reasons that I should stay on program and reach my goal. After I lose weight I will:
- be able to breathe as I tie my sneakers or fasten my dance shoes
- have a waist that will make it more comfortable to wear a skirt -- suits will return to my wardrobe!
- actually consider something sleeveless as a possible item of apparel that I would wear in public
- be able to carry 10lbs of cat litter upstairs without wondering if I will get to the top
- not have as much knee pain
- I will be willing to don a costume for amateur dance competition... losing the fear of looking like a pink sausage on the dance floor
- probably not wake up so often with my hands asleep
- be able to see my toes without bending over to see past my belly
- walk into a room full of people and not bet that I am the largest person in the room

How about you? What daily life activities will you find less intimidating after you lose weight?

kurisitaru 07-20-2014 04:23 PM

-Taking photo's with friends
-Telling people I work out, and NOT getting a horrid "I so don't believe you" stare.
-Having sex with my Fiance and not getting winded after a short time
-Feel good enough to have kids
-Shopping

SeeMyFeet 07-20-2014 05:17 PM

aaah...... sleeveless........will it be possible??

....having sex with DH until i get winded.....:o

:rofl:

(I am soooo bad!)

oneuh2 07-20-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurisitaru (Post 5043756)
-Taking photo's with friends
-Telling people I work out, and NOT getting a horrid "I so don't believe you" stare.
-Having sex with my Fiance and not getting winded after a short time
-Feel good enough to have kids
-Shopping

so true! I avoid cameras all the time, and volunteer to take the pix rather than being in them -- how nice it will be to just join in and smile!

shopping!!! love to get out of the Plus size retailers!!

and anything involving nudity, full or partial.... been trying to avoid all that for years!

oneuh2 07-20-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet (Post 5043773)
aaah...... sleeveless........will it be possible??

....having sex with DH until i get winded.....:o

:rofl:

(I am soooo bad!)

love your username!!!
you were already thinking of the small joys of losing pounds!

HeeHawHoney 07-20-2014 08:22 PM

I will enjoy air travel. I want to be able to book a flight to some exotic destination and not be completely miserable while crammed into a 17" seat on a booked to capacity plane for the duration of the 8 hour flight.

I'm also looking forward to fitting behind the steering wheel of my class C motorhome and into the dinette more comfortably.

kissi 07-20-2014 08:54 PM

Not only wear 3 quarter length sleeved clothes.
Be healthier and make healthier choices in diet and life.

IP43 07-20-2014 09:23 PM

.... keep it off!

That will be my biggest challenge. Oneuh2, about the "hands falling asleep" comment, I just got diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome and that is a major indicator. I never knew -- just thought my hands always went asleep. Just want you to maybe look into that if needed so you can do exercises for your wrists etc and catch it early so surgery is not necessary

tyranny 07-20-2014 09:31 PM

- have a professional family photo taken. My youngest is nine and we've never had one done that includes him.

CenTXChk 07-20-2014 10:35 PM

- Hope to be no longer diabetic
- Get on amusement park rides with my kids and not worry if I will fit.
- Same with airplane seats.
- Wear high heels without all the weight killing my feet.
- Wear reg sized clothing and not just shoe shop when shopping with my reg sized friends.
- Wear a bathing suit without being humiliated.
- No longer be the largest person in the room.

In addition to my health, these are the things I focus on since starting IP.

IP43 07-20-2014 11:37 PM

-I used to hope to get pregnant but now I hope I DON'T lol
-Walking up stairs or a hill without huffing and puffing would be nice
-Having energy, stamina and ability to do things while I'm still young -- like play with my kids, travel, look hot ;)
-I want to run into my old boyfriend, but not until I look hot enough that he will be "look what I could have had" and be sad about it, not happy LOL

evemomma 07-21-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyranny (Post 5043852)
- have a professional family photo taken. My youngest is nine and we've never had one done that includes him.

This. Except my youngest is 4, and I have cringed at my picture since gaining weight. I tried to suck it up (haha...the gut that is!) and still be in SOME pictures because I read a lot of "feel good about yourself no matter what" articles that insist you be in pictures as evidence you were, in fact, a part of your children's lives - but never could hang any of those up as a portrait above the fireplace or anything.

Kellyc14 07-21-2014 09:03 AM

-Be in more pictures!!
-Enjoy shopping and buying cute clothes.
-Go to the beach/water park with my kids/grandkids.
-Feel good that I am NOT the biggest person in a room full of people.
-Enjoy sex without being self conscious! and be comfortable...
and so much more!!!

fitb4fifty 07-21-2014 10:31 AM

Today is my first dday on IP, so this is a great list to make to help me stay on track. After I lose weight I will...
-not hate putting on clothes
-shop, shop, shop
-exercise because I like it not because I have to
-be in more pictures
-love life more

kathy72 07-21-2014 10:46 AM

Great thread. I share so many of those things that I want/need to do but haven't been because of the weight.