Old 10-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Welcome Changing for good
You're off to a great start!
You absolutely will be able to fit into all those clothes, and boyoboy, will you be feeling fabulous each time you try one on and it fits!
I can tell you that from personal experience. I started this journey at size 18-20W
and am now wearing 12P
Lots of us here can tell you the same thing!

There is a lot of helpful information and support here, you should take the time to read the Newcomers Start Here thread (link below), lots of useful info and recipes in the first post.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...28-2015-a.html
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing for good View Post
I wasn't sure where to start posting, but I am enjoying this thread so I have decided to start here.

I began IP Oct 1 and had my first weigh in yesterday. I'm off to a good start having lost 8 lbs from 237 to 229.

I think what I am looking forward to is being able to wear all the things that I have hidden away in my closet for 20 years wondering if I would ever be able to fit into them.
Congrats! Stick with the plan and yes, those 20 year old clothes will come out - and maybe even get too big - mine have!

Ella - Yes! The thrift store is your friend! I used to be a little, eh, picky? Snobby? Germ-a-phobe? about 2nd hand clothes - but right now, jeans are jeans (the 8's I am wearing are Banana Republic though), slacks are slacks, and I have a brand new washer with 'sanitize'. The outfits I have splurged on are too big now - even the brand new CK slacks I just got September 27th! Bought 10's b/c the 8's were just a little too tight for the 'look' I was going for...but now they would fit perfect *sigh*

sunster - I actually need to sit down and work with an artist to see if my vision is do-able but:
2 dolphin shapes, nose to nose to make a heart (these represent my girls) - I want the outline of the dolphins to be the bars & musical notes of the choruses to my 2 favorite songs - "Hysteria" (Def Leppard) / DD19 and "Life Less Ordinary" (Carbon Leaf) DD10. Life Less Ordinary is mine & DH's song, so there is that tie-in...and the bars/notes is an homage to my dad, who was Master Sargent of the Air Force Band and made his living as a pianist. Music has always been a huge & important part of my life. The last piece is a dark pink / light red azalea bloom representing my mom.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #123  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella2ELLA View Post
I have never been to a thrift shop but 5$ a piece is definitely a reason to start going. I didn't realize it was that cheap!
I've also been in thrift shops where the costs are higher, but if you're in an urban area, there are probably quite a few to shop in. If you have a pretty good idea of what clothing retail costs are, you can be a savvy thrift shopper. I don't mind paying $20 for a dress if I know it was originally $90.

Changing for good, welcome! 8 pounds is a great loss the first week. Please post frequently and let us know if we can help with anything.

Last edited by HereIStand; 10-13-2015 at 09:17 AM.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:56 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 237/226/182

Thanks for all of the kind words. I have been very faithful to the plan, a real change for me as my poor wife is still in the "I don't trust you when you are walking around in the kitchen unsupervised" mode... But I really think I can reach my goal weight with IP, I simply lack cravings, and don't find myself constantly thinking about food as I have with previous diets.
Changing for good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I wasn't sure where to start posting, but I am enjoying this thread so I have decided to start here.

I began IP Oct 1 and had my first weigh in yesterday. I'm off to a good start having lost 8 lbs from 237 to 229.

I think what I am looking forward to is being able to wear all the things that I have hidden away in my closet for 20 years wondering if I would ever be able to fit into them.
WELCOME!!!! Being a self proclaimed clothes hoarder, I completely understand- it's SO MUCH FUN! I can't begin to tell you- and the more stuff that fits, the more fun it is! My only hangup has been letting go of the stuff that becomes too big if it is something I really like. I am going to have to get in to the right frame of mind and p-u-r-g-e!!
I wish you all the success in the world! This really really works if you stick with it.
PS- my experience was that as I was losing, it took a while for my smaller stuff to fit (my closet ranged from VERY TIGHT 16's-so legit I should have been wearing 18... to 12's) It seemed like forever and a day before the 14s started to fit.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #126  

Weigh in today 227.8. This was a more difficult week as I learning how to integrate this diet into my work schedule. But I was pleased to see I'm still losing. And my inches are slowly going away.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #127  

Quote:
Weigh in today 227.8. This was a more difficult week as I learning how to integrate this diet into my work schedule. But I was pleased to see I'm still losing. And my inches are slowly going away.
Slow and steady!! I found that I really needed to prep and plan on Sundays for the coming week in the beginning. It really helped with my schedule. I do buy a lot more precut veggies than I used to-Congrats on the weight loss and inches!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 210/197/170

Height: F/37/5"2

Quote:
Congratulations on the weight loss! I too started IP recently and am still trying to figure out how to fit the diet in my work life ( I travel). Luckily I found this forum, there are people here who have been doing IP for a while and know all the tricks ��
Ella2ELLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #129  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
I found what I posted early on in my weight loss journey. Still a few things I havent done yet but I'm not through yet!

buy the clothes that I want to wear instead of the ones that I have to wear because nothing else fits (I LOVE shopping! Maybe too much )
tie my shoes with ease ( not only can I do this, I also bought a pair of cowboy boots and will be boot scooting soon!!)
quit worrying about if I can "fit" in a booth (the hostess doesn't give me the once over any more and doesn't even offer the choice between booth or table!)
*ride roller coasters again!!!! (first chance I get, you betcha I will!)
feel attractive ( I definitely got my sexy back!!!!!!!!!!)
be able to take the stairs instead of the elevator to go to the first, second or even the third floor of a building (stairs are exercise now, not intimidating)
wear a sexy swim suit instead of one that tries to cover things up (I bought a 2 pc with a bikini bottom and halter top! I be looking good!)
*take that cruise I passed up because I didn't want to be "seen" (may not can afford it now but if I could...)
not be embarrassed for even my hubbie to see me naked (even with the loose skin: it's part of me-it has to be accepted)
play with my grand daughter on the floor, in the treehouse, on the slide, etc (and I can even get up without help!)
*cut out high BP and Cholesterol meds (haven't had bloodwork done since January but I expect the chl will be normal; BP was a problem before I had such a weight issue so that may not change)
be more social (Absolutely!)
know that I am healthy (Yes, ma'am I am!)
avoid knee replacement surgery (I am pain free now- may need it later on but for now I am good!)

Oh!! And hike the South Rim at Big Bend Nat'l park!! (I will in December!)
Great update re your list Frawniemae! And I looked at that cool photo in your profile page - the one with you in the red top with the shoulder cut outs - wow do you look HOT!!!

I expect those cowboy boots have some Texas 2 Step in their future... But I have to know - what is boot scootin' ?
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #130  

I weighed in today at the end of my first month. 226.0, down 11.4lbs. I'm noticing simple things, like my watch moves around on my list more freely. Also my belt can be tightened a notch. I've started asking my wife where some of my older clothes have been stashed. Some of this stuff is from the 90s... When I'm feeling a little more confident I'll take some photos. It should be good for a few laughs.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:27 PM   #131  
oneuh2

Quote:
I weighed in today at the end of my first month. 226.0, down 11.4lbs. I'm noticing simple things, like my watch moves around on my list more freely. Also my belt can be tightened a notch. I've started asking my wife where some of my older clothes have been stashed. Some of this stuff is from the 90s... When I'm feeling a little more confident I'll take some photos. It should be good for a few laughs.
Congrats on the losses! The small capabilities that return as we drop excess weight can really serve as motivators along the way as we take our journey!
Old 11-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 300/294/175

Height: 5'5

I will be able to go to amusement parks and not be scared that they wont be able to pull the bar down.
I won't have to ask the flight attendant for a seat belt extension.
I will be able to go to Cancun like I've always wanted, and feel comfortable enough in my own skin to be social.
I will finally be able to stop pretending I don't like wearing skirts, shorts, and dresses, when in reality I would love to, but I can't pull it off.
I will be able to wear combat boots without my fat feet making them stretch out.
I will be able to wear any boots without worrying if they're going to fit my calf!
I will be able to shop anywhere, not just places that carry plus size.
I will be able to put on my shoes without having to sit down.
I will not get tired tying my shoes.
I will finally think I'm pretty.
I'll be able to wear tank tops and short sleeves in public.
I will be able to wear a bathing suit for the first time, and not get kicked out of the pool for wearing a cotton T-Shirt.
I will be free from always wearing hoodies.
I will have to courage to meet someone. Someone who doesn't say "I like bigger girls" because when they say that, all I can think, is that I am one of those "bigger girls".
I will be able to run without feeling like I'm dying, because God knows how much I've always wanted to just run.
I will be able to ride a bike without feeling like my *** is spilling off of the seat.
I will be able to sit in chairs with sides without my thighs feeling like they're being suffocated.
I will be able to breath.
I will be able to dance.
I will be able to look at my reflection when I pass a window, a mirror, a car and not feel disgusting.
I will be able to wear leggings, yoga pants, jeggings, and high waisted jeans without looking like I'm carrying a Joey (baby kangaroo) in my "pouch".
I will finally be able to get my belly pierced.
I will be able to get the side tattoo that I've always wanted and not be afraid to show people.
I will be able to clap my hands and not fear that my arms are jiggling.
I will be able to sit down on a small couch with other people and not feel like I'm taking up all the space.
I will be able to go through those things they have at sports arenas and some amusement parks where the metal bars turn as you walk through without having to turn sideways or inch my way through.
I will be able to go on walks with my friends in the middle of the night and go adventuring.
I will be able to go on strenuous hikes with my friends and not be the one slowing the group down.
I will stop sweating profusely for no apparent reason.
I will live the life I've always wanted to live, without having my weight to hold me back.
I will come back to this list every time I feel like giving up.
Rayasaurass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #133  
oneuh2

Wow, Rayasaurass - you have articulated a very thoughtful list of reasons -- be sure to come back here and review the list regularly as you lose weight. You will begin to realize some of these quicker than others, and you can pat yourself on the back now and then as you go along.

There is a book called The Beck Solution, by Judith Beck, that provides a lot of good ideas and action aimed at helping you be successful in your weight loss, and helping you keep the weight of you lose it. Her first recommended action is to make up this list, and then she give specific guidance on how to use the list - reviewing it daily to keep these reasons at the front of your mind throughout your journey. This is a very helpful approach -- you will find that many on 3FC recommend The Beck Solution -- given your very thorough list, and its many items that tug at my heart, I recommend that you try the book, too.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:52 AM   #134  

I will do everything in my power to keep the weight off and not regain, like I have for my entire life!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #135  
oneuh2

We are at the start of a new year and many of us are setting goals for weight loss...

Take a few minutes and record in this thread your reasons for wanting to lose the weight -- this is a recommended practice by Judith Beck in her book 'The Beck Solution' - this has been a popular resource for successfully loss and maintenance of the weight loss.

Periodically during your journey you can check back in here and notice the outcomes in relation to the expectations and wishes you establish at the start of your journey.

After you lose weight what will you have, do or be that you don't have or cannot do before shedding the extra pounds?