Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 7/18/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-18-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #2  

Hi all
I was off the grid for a day or two
Links have been fixed.
I'm on my phone so will send a longer note later. I've been holding those of you struggling with medical issues (self or family) in my heart.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #3  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Default I dit it!!

Made it through my first day!!! I did very well, or at least I think I did. Lots of bathroom breaks!! Water, water and more water!!! No diet coke, and I did very well with that. I didn't even miss it. Maybe that's been a bigger culprit that I thought. Every time I'd have a diet coke I had something to eat with it. How many calories did I consume just eating with that diet coke? Well anyway, I can do this. I have to do this. I don't like the me I have let myself become. Whatever the question, food is not the answer!!! For the first time I'm looking forward to the journey and not just that destination
Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I lost 1 lb! WHOOT WHOOT
....keeping it positive! It's TOM so I know next week i'll have that whoosh!!
HAPPY FRIDAY!!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #5  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroling56 View Post
Made it through my first day!!! I did very well, or at least I think I did. Lots of bathroom breaks!! Water, water and more water!!! No diet coke, and I did very well with that. I didn't even miss it. Maybe that's been a bigger culprit that I thought. Every time I'd have a diet coke I had something to eat with it. How many calories did I consume just eating with that diet coke? Well anyway, I can do this. I have to do this. I don't like the me I have let myself become. Whatever the question, food is not the answer!!! For the first time I'm looking forward to the journey and not just that destination

Congrats on making it through the day and with no diet coke!! I used to be a complete diet coke addict. I drank a 2 liter bottle a day. I stopped drinking it a couple summers ago and at that time lost a lot of weight. I attribute part of that loss to not drinking the diet coke. Research suggests that it causes weight gain. I do however very very occasionally have a diet coke sweetened with splenda now. Maybe once a month. I can't imagine now how I ever drank so much of it because it causes so much bloating.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
That's awesome! Doesn't feel good to think hey I can actually DO this!?

This is my fifth day and the first morning I woke up and wasn't starving.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #7  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Happy Friday everyone. I'm trying to plan for weekend activities. We are going to a water park tomorrow. Guess I will bring an ice chest with veggies and some maybe cooked chicken. I don't believe that we are allowed to bring food in to the park. I'm not sure how I will pull this one off. I don't even know if I will be allowed to bring water in. I will have to eat my lunch early before entering and maybe bring in my Quest bar. Hopefully we will be ready to leave around 5 so I can eat my chicken out of the cooler in the car. Wish me luck.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning y'all! I'm back after a short two month break. I had thought I'd start a family but my ovaries and glucose levels laughed in my face at that plan. My doctor has put me on metformin and I restarted the diet Monday. I feel SO MUCH WORSE this time around. I'm on day five and miserable. I'm assuming it is the combo of diet and meds. Does this feeling subside? Does anyone have experience with this issue? Thanks. Happy Friday!!

Last edited by Noodles1984; 07-18-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, hope you have a great Friday! Food has been everywhere this week in my office for our annual company meeting, and none of it IP friendly. Even the "healthy" snacks we have had around were things I had to avoid. We are having an all company picnic this afternoon and another girl at work doing IP has been involved in the party planning, so we won't be totally left out in terms of food choices.

Happy belated bday, evemomma! Hope it was a good one!

Annie, so happy for your news. Wishing you all the best.

Congrats to everyone on the losses, NSVs and getting through your first days of IP.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Halfway to Goal

I started IP 43 weeks ago and as of today have lost 89 pounds - half of what I want to loose!

I know it may take longer to loose the second half and I'm ok with that. I find this way of eating so easy that I feel like even if it takes twice as long to loose the rest, I don't mind. I'm committed to sticking with it as long as the numbers keep going down occasionally. I had just started exercising routinely when a full kitchen and bathroom renovation cut power and access to the room with the treadmill. I'm hoping that will keep the the pounds coming off at a steady pace once I can get back to it.

Like so many others, I have never been an appropriately sized adult so I'm not really certain of my goal weight. I reached 173 about 10 years ago and was around a size 12/14. At the time I was trying to loose more, but life and a full time job got in the way of the exercise addiction that got me that low. I just keep imagining how good it will feel to get below that number while still living a full life. I remember how good I felt in my clothes a that weight and look forward to that feeling again.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #11  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Default Stay at Phase 3?

Happy Friday! Had a fabulous time at Disney World and even tried "the grey stuff"; it was delicious, but I added a few pounds and feel really bloated. I leave for another vacation in a few weeks, so I am wondering if I should stay on Phase 3, go on vacation and then return to Phase 1 -or- start Phase 1 for a few weeks before I leave again.

I am thinking Phase 3, vacation, Phase 1, goal!!!

but I would love some advice.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I started IP 43 weeks ago and as of today have lost 89 pounds - half of what I want to loose!

I know it may take longer to loose the second half and I'm ok with that. I find this way of eating so easy that I feel like even if it takes twice as long to loose the rest, I don't mind. I'm committed to sticking with it as long as the numbers keep going down occasionally. I had just started exercising routinely when a full kitchen and bathroom renovation cut power and access to the room with the treadmill. I'm hoping that will keep the the pounds coming off at a steady pace once I can get back to it.

Like so many others, I have never been an appropriately sized adult so I'm not really certain of my goal weight. I reached 173 about 10 years ago and was around a size 12/14. At the time I was trying to loose more, but life and a full time job got in the way of the exercise addiction that got me that low. I just keep imagining how good it will feel to get below that number while still living a full life. I remember how good I felt in my clothes a that weight and look forward to that feeling again.
Congrats on your great progress!

You may not see a real slowdown with the second half. I lost steadily the whole time - I'd have smaller losses for a couple of weeks and then a bigger loss and then a little lower, etc., etc. but I ended up losing a 120 lbs in 52 weeks so my average numbers were great (lost a little more while phasing off). I may have just been lucky but wanted you to know that the dreaded slowdown isn't necessarily inevitable.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 169.6/129.0/120-125

Height: 5'4.5

Default happy friday IPers

My clinic weigh in yesterday went really well, but now my clinic thinks I should move to P2 next week. I have to admit I have gotten really used to P1 and am terrified of gaining weight/lack of structure in the next phases (and of the "glycogen/water gain" that comes in P3 of 1-5 lbs I've heard about).

I am especially scared of P3, having read a bunch of nutrition books with all the free time I've had on P1 not being able to work out as much or spend as much time eating to kill time as before -- I am scared of dairy, grains, carbs now based on all my reading!! I've also been adding back in my workouts since they were such a mental stress reliever for me in the past and I want to use it to maintain my weight loss afterward.

I am considering Paleo as an option on maintenance, even though it's not really the recommended IP plan...

Any suggestions from IP veterans out there??

Love the encouragement I get from reading all your success/determination to keep up with the diet and maintenance!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!

WI this morning and down another 2.8 lbs! I'm 2.2 lbs away from a total of 20 lb lost! Woo hoo!!!

I also have a NSV to boot! Mom bought me a pair of jeans for Christmas that I have never been able to fit into. It's jean day at work and I couldn't find my regular go-to jeans, but I found the ones from Christmas with the tags still on them. Tried them on and they fit perfect!!

I hope everyone has a great day and sets themselves up for a great weekend.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #15  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
It gets easier after the first week. I started 3 weeks ago this Sunday and I weighed 1/2 a pound more on my start date. I've completely lost my appetite and have to eat now because I need to. I have found it easier to eat my dinner at lunch time and my lunch at dinner. I used to drink a 2 liter of Pepsi every day and now I just drink water. It hard to believe I don't even crave it any more when I used to not be able to get through the day without it. Welcome to the group and I'll be looking forward to watching you success as the weeks go by. This is an awesome site and you will get lots of support here!

Michelle
Closed Thread