Old 07-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
Thank you both. I suppose I should have gotten the smaller serving but I was feeling like I was going to pass out. Hubby was adamant that I get and eat the 12 piece - they are not big and when I saw the nutritional info I thought it might be close. Guess I overshot the packet info . I ate as slow as I could but I ate all of them. I will know next time!!!

Thank you!
You are FINE! Do NOT stress. You did not knock yourself out of ketosis. You made decent choices and saved yourself from passing out!

Why not use that for your protein meat meal and have a oz jet and veg for dinner. You can switch them any time you want. I sometimes have Subway double chopped chicken salad for lunch as my meat meal.

You will learn from each little blip that comes up. Definitely stash some drink packets in the glove compartment of yours and hubby's car, at work, etc. Even with just a bottle of water you can take a few swigs and then carefully dump the powder in.

Even many fast food restaurants have lemon for iced tea so you can use that as salad dressing (salsa or hot sauce is also a good sub.)
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I was just putting my food into my fitness pal and noticed that a cucumber has 10 carbs?!?! What?!
You have to be careful with MFP. Not all user-entered items are correct. I see 2 c cukes have about 6.6 g net carbs
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
You are FINE! Do NOT stress. You did not knock yourself out of ketosis. You made decent choices and saved yourself from passing out!

Why not use that for your protein meat meal and have a oz jet and veg for dinner. You can switch them any time you want. I sometimes have Subway double chopped chicken salad for lunch as my meat meal.

You will learn from each little blip that comes up. Definitely stash some drink packets in the glove compartment of yours and hubby's car, at work, etc. Even with just a bottle of water you can take a few swigs and then carefully dump the powder in.

Even many fast food restaurants have lemon for iced tea so you can use that as salad dressing (salsa or hot sauce is also a good sub.)
Great suggestions! I will make a packet for my car and purse that has an IP pack and salad dressing. I bought some WF individual packets at my clinic.

I did make the lunch my protein meal. Having roast cauliflower, peppers, and spinach tonight. Feeling better about it all. Thank you to all who replied!
creolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I was just putting my food into my fitness pal and noticed that a cucumber has 10 carbs?!?! What?!
Yep, that's about right - 2 g of fibre though so net 8g because 5 of them are sugars.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Are the Lifestyle 20 & ITG vitamins the same as the IP vitamins? I'm still digging though the posts, but wanted to get a quick idea so I can see if I should order those or not, or research more on other alternatives.

I had the same questions.

I read through all the vitamin threads and the alternate threads and Plain Protein.com for supplements was recommended. I bought the Potassium and the Cal/Mag but the formulations are NOT the same as the IP supplements.Those are older threads so they may have been the same at one time but not any more. I ordered from them but once I got the bottles I really don't want them. I'm going to see if I can return them. I should have paid closer attention to the formulation before I ordered them.

IP has citrate which I understand is easier to digest for us.The Potassium is bicarbonate instead of citrate and the Cal/Mag are both malate instead of citrate.I just don't know enough about this to know if these are ok to take or not. I found Solaray Cal/Mag at the Vitamin Shoppe as well as Vitamin Shoppe brand Potassium that are citrates, so I'm taking those now. I'm also using Nordic Ultimate Omega 3's and Centrum 50+ Daily.

Could any of you vets chime in here? I'm going to post in the Alternate thread as well because the Weekend chat doesn't get as many views.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

I am finding that the freezer is my best friend while doing IP. This is a really busy and stressful time of year for me. Since I know the next few weeks are going to be very hectic, I did a lot of pre-prepping or actually pre-cooking and freezing today.

I boiled 6 pounds of ground chuck (because it was on sale), then froze flat in ziplocks. I use quart size freezer zip locks for MY food. I put 3 ounces of meat in a labeled bag, then put the bag flat on the counter. I use my fingers (on the outside of the bag) to kind of spread out/roll the meat so that it's a thin flat layer of meat. Then, I try to squeeze out as much air as I can and zip it close.

(For my husband, I measure out 2-3 cups of meat in gallon freezer ziplocks. I press his out flat, too.) When they're flat and thin, they defrost SO quickly. I can take out a baggie and run some water over the outside and crumble the actual bag with my hands. It breaks it up quickly. Then, I can add my husband's to some spaghetti sauce, sloppy joe sauce, or whatever... Of course, that will make him multiple meals. (I love having leftovers in the fridge.)

My little 3 ounce bags? I can put the meat on a bagged salad, or add it to cooked veggies. My lunches may not always have any rhyme or reason... and certainly aren't "gourmet", but I have peace knowing that I stayed on plan. For instance, I like to microwave-steam frozen veggies like cauliflower and broccoli (another fast and easy thing to do when in a hurry). I measure out 2 cup portion and put the ground beef in with it, sprinkle some seasoning, and eat it. Like I said, not gourmet by any means, but a big stress reliever. (By the way, I try to eat hamburger no more than twice a week because I seem to feel better eating chicken and fish.)

Then.... I also cooked two chickens today (one in a crock pot and one in a stockpot). Deboned and put 3 ounce portions in quart size ziplocks. I use them the say way I do the beef. I toss it on a salad or into a bowl of some kind of veggies. When putting it in the ziplock, I also spread it as flat as I could. Made a few 2-3 cup bags to fix some quick casseroles for my hubby.

So, now my freezer has a bunch of ziplocks stacked. And, I feel ready.
Yayalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I had the same questions.

I read through all the vitamin threads and the alternate threads and Plain Protein.com for supplements was recommended. I bought the Potassium and the Cal/Mag but the formulations are NOT the same as the IP supplements.Those are older threads so they may have been the same at one time but not any more. I ordered from them but once I got the bottles I really don't want them. I'm going to see if I can return them. I should have paid closer attention to the formulation before I ordered them.
Plain protein doesn't sell true IP products any more. It used to be a website to get IP brand products for less $$

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-19-2014 at 10:25 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #38  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Bah! First week on program with no loss on the scale. But...loss of an inch on bat wings (arms) and thighs. No wonder my pants have been feeling so loose.

Literati: My coach cut out my restricteds when I was "only" loosing 1 lb a week. It didn't ramp up my losses at all. So I put them back in. No change in losses (until this week) and I look forward to my salty/sweet snack.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Man that sucks! Hopefully, you will start to lose weight again next week. Maybe you have hit a plateau? How long have you been on the program? Wishing you more success next week.

Michelle
MrPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

BBQ went really well. Ate veg and pulled pork with no sauce. Maybe a bit over on portions but I did not eat the quinoa salad, baked beans, pasta salad, rolls or cookies. Very successful. Had a great time. My DD learned how to line dance! Glad to be home. Drinking another liter of water and heading to bed.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #40  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Yeah! It is my weigh in day and I was down 7.5 pounds. I'm sure some of it was last week since I had TOM last week. Anyway, I'm feeling more comfortable in my own skin each day. I can't wait to see how I do next week. My short time goal is to get to 150 before school starts. I'm a teacher and every year during the summer I usually gain weigh but not any more! I love IP but can't wait until I make it into maintenance.
MrPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #41  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
IP has citrate which I understand is easier to digest for us.The Potassium is bicarbonate instead of citrate and the Cal/Mag are both malate instead of citrate.I just don't know enough about this to know if these are ok to take or not. I found Solaray Cal/Mag at the Vitamin Shoppe as well as Vitamin Shoppe brand Potassium that are citrates, so I'm taking those now. I'm also using Nordic Ultimate Omega 3's and Centrum 50+ Daily.

Could any of you vets chime in here? I'm going to post in the Alternate thread as well because the Weekend chat doesn't get as many views.
I ran into problems with the cal/mags when we were on vacation and I left my pills at home. I ended up getting separate calcium and magnesium (both Nature Made). It worked fine and I continued to do that the rest of the time I was taking them (I still take a lower dose of magnesium). I never did find anything comparable to the potassium and just buy that from my coach still. I will look into the ones you mention, I think you're on the right track with both of those.

The Omega 3s should be fine and the multi-vitamin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
I am finding that the freezer is my best friend while doing IP. This is a really busy and stressful time of year for me. Since I know the next few weeks are going to be very hectic, I did a lot of pre-prepping or actually pre-cooking and freezing today.

So, now my freezer has a bunch of ziplocks stacked. And, I feel ready.
Way to plan! Good job! Doesn't it feel good to know it's all ready to go and you don't have to even think about it - just grab and go? I really think planning is the key to success on IP and you have that down pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
BBQ went really well. Ate veg and pulled pork with no sauce. Maybe a bit over on portions but I did not eat the quinoa salad, baked beans, pasta salad, rolls or cookies. Very successful. Had a great time. My DD learned how to line dance! Glad to be home. Drinking another liter of water and heading to bed.
Yeah you for staying OP! It's hard sometimes but you should be proud of yourself.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Plain protein doesn't sell true IP products any more. It used to be a website to get IP brand products for less $$
Thanks Lisa. I suspected as much. I sent them an email yesterday and they will let me send them back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhillips View Post
Man that sucks! Hopefully, you will start to lose weight again next week. Maybe you have hit a plateau? How long have you been on the program? Wishing you more success next week.

Michelle
MrPhillips: Since 2/26. I had a weird TOM event and I have some inflammation going on due to an injury and PT exercises. I'm hoping for a better week too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I ran into problems with the cal/mags when we were on vacation and I left my pills at home. I ended up getting separate calcium and magnesium (both Nature Made). It worked fine and I continued to do that the rest of the time I was taking them (I still take a lower dose of magnesium). I never did find anything comparable to the potassium and just buy that from my coach still. I will look into the ones you mention, I think you're on the right track with both of those.

The Omega 3s should be fine and the multi-vitamin.
Ruth Ann: Thanks for the info. I can look at Nature Made the next time I go to the grocery store.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #43  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I've spent years avoiding my reflection and now there are times I can't help but stare. I have lost so much in my face and through the shoulders. A little too much in the bust . And funny enough in my knees and below. I've always hated my knees! But below my belly button and through my thighs seems to be holding on to everything! At least I've lost the inner thigh rub but I'm thinking there will be a lot of spanx in my future. I'm going to start have the jelly and blueberry cran drinks more but I don't think any amount of collagen is going to outweigh the stretch marks to tighten up my belly. Oh well, I'm not thinking many people will be seeing me naked anyway.

We had a team party last night and for the first time I felt "normal" even though I still have weight to lose. These people didn't know me 65 pounds ago so nobody talking about my diet. Of course I was one of the only ones not drinking so that made me stand out a bit but at least I didn't wake up with a HO this morning. Managed to only snack on veggie apps. The dinner was so not OP- all carbs - corn and hotdogs. Not even a salad so I could pretend to eat with the others. I figured that might be the case so I packed my protein I the car.

The next time we are together socially I will be in maintenance and able to have a few drinks and go shopping for some new clothes! It's what us Canadians do when we head to the US for tournaments.

Going to try roasting radishes today.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #44  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I've spent years avoiding my reflection and now there are times I can't help but stare. I have lost so much in my face and through the shoulders. A little too much in the bust . And funny enough in my knees and below. I've always hated my knees! But below my belly button and through my thighs seems to be holding on to everything!
Since I am just getting started I am still avoiding my reflection, but when I do happen to see myself, I think I am seeing my mom (overweight all the years after I was born), or I don't recognize myself at all... My inner image of myself is so much more reasonable than the view I see in the mirror... and less old-looking, too!

In my gain-then-lose, then regain-then-lose life, I have noticed that I seem to gain from the bottom of my torso up, and lose from the top down. Since I generally lose some (never all) excess, and regain it, plus some extra, I think that I have many multiple layers of 'gain' on my bottom and thighs, as compared to my face, neck and bustline... Often my losses show up in my in my face pretty quickly, and people notice my thinner face long before I come close to goal weight.

Maybe a good exercise habit will help your new weight to re-distribute...
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #45  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I am at a resort with my family and excited about a wonderful vacation. However this is the world's slo...o...o..w..est internet connection so I think I will be away for the week. I will try to log on and read a post or two but I think this week will be good for my sore wrists... less typing LOL.

Have a wonderful week IPeeps. I hope I can keep up with the great conversations....at least a page a day.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote