Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #46  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I will never understand how so many people here say they are never hungry. I have been on IP for seven weeks now and I am hungry every day. My meals take it away but, within an hour or hour and a half I am usually starving and cannot wait to have something to eat. I drink all of my plus a lot more than necessary. I get all my veggies , protein, salt and oil. I just don't get it at all. I'm planning on staying on Ip for the long haul so I guess I'm just going to be starving for another probably two months
I have good days and bad days. I'm REALLY hungry today, but the majority of the time I spread my meals out enough that I don't feel like I go without. (I spread my meals/snacks out today but am just super hungry today).

Last edited by kissi; 07-18-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #47  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I will never understand how so many people here say they are never hungry. I have been on IP for seven weeks now and I am hungry every day. My meals take it away but, within an hour or hour and a half I am usually starving and cannot wait to have something to eat. I drink all of my plus a lot more than necessary. I get all my veggies , protein, salt and oil. I just don't get it at all. I'm planning on staying on Ip for the long haul so I guess I'm just going to be starving for another probably two months
There are times I am hungry and there are times where I just want to eat. IP has helped me work on the difference. There are still days where nothing satisfies my desire to eat something but I know it's not hunger.

My stomach is growling when I get up in the morning and quite often by the time I get home from work. In the evening, my tummy doesn't rumble. Sometimes I just really want my snack and sometimes I have to remind myself to eat it.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #48  

Spent the last 4 days at the hospital with my dad. Also taking care of my Down syndrome brother. They live about 4 hours from me and it was a very rushed, emergency trip. At least I remembered my IP food. Hope it lasts. I missed a couple of meals but am back on track now. As stressed as I am, I haven't eaten anything I shouldn't. That's a victory for me...believe me, I wanted to. I hope I didn't throw myself too far out of whack. I was doing so well. Just keeping up with everyone on this site is helpful. Best to all.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Mom View Post
Spent the last 4 days at the hospital with my dad. Also taking care of my Down syndrome brother. They live about 4 hours from me and it was a very rushed, emergency trip. At least I remembered my IP food. Hope it lasts. I missed a couple of meals but am back on track now. As stressed as I am, I haven't eaten anything I shouldn't. That's a victory for me...believe me, I wanted to. I hope I didn't throw myself too far out of whack. I was doing so well. Just keeping up with everyone on this site is helpful. Best to all.
Great job staying OP in such a challenging situation! I hope your Dad is doing okay...sending positive thoughts your way.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #50  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I know it's been mentioned many times but The Beck Diet Solution is helpful to understand that feeling hungry is not usually a medical emergency and that when naturally thin people feel hungry, they don't necessarily eat. They know hunger pangs will go away. This was a HUGE revelation for me. I always believed every rumble was my body demanding what it "needed". Now I try to down a bunch of water and ride it out. Still sucks out loud though!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #51  

Thank you!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. 2.5 weeks of restart and all is well. It is mostly a habit now.

Strange day. I turned my meal plan upside down due to work meeting at a restaurant. Started with a veggie omelette which was my big protein and half my veg. Not hungry for lunch but drank a WLS proticcino. Late afternoon another shake. Just realized I was missing 2 cups veg. My hubby spontaneously got up and sautéed 2 cups zucchini with garlic and soy sauce for me. What a guy!! Yay for Swimcoachpoppa!!!! Now tea and bar and done for the day.

Feeling very grateful tonight. For family, having a job doing what I love, friends, this gorgeous place where I live...I'm getting sappy!!! Just feeling blessed. Have a good night everyone.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I am a re-starter from two years ago and I just have to say "I love ketosis". Obviously eating healthy and taking sugars and carbs out are going to make us feel good and much better than we did before. However, getting into ketosis and not having the cravings or hunger...it's just such a great feeling I forgot about and paired with good weight loss, it's like a high.

Have a great OnPlan Weekend!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #54  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

I have a question for those of you who have been around awhile, and possibly those using alternatives. I'm about to go on vacation. I feel good and prepared, and initially I was thinking "I have to cheat while I'm on vacation". I've come down out of that tree now and have decided that there is no way I'm going to sabotage my progress by cheating on vacation. But I'm a realist, so I want to plan ahead for some things that will feel like super cheats, but aren't and I'm wondering, of my ideas, which are the best?

--I saw many people talking about Quest bars and ordered some, but when I read the nutrition info on them once they were in my hand I felt like it was too much, too dangerous, so I boxed them up and hid them away. Would allowing myself a Quest bar during vacation ( a replacement for one packet) be a bad cheat? Or a pseudo cheat? I see many of you using this product....

-- I've considered allowing myself to have a diet coke with one or two meals -- my coach actually said I could do this once in awhile What's your feedback on this?

--Other suggestions? How can I "indulge" without cheating??

Last edited by Literari; 07-18-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
I have a question for those of you who have been around awhile, and possibly those using alternatives. I'm about to go on vacation. I feel good and prepared, and initially I was thinking "I have to cheat while I'm on vacation". I've come down out of that tree now and have decided that there is no way I'm going to sabotage my progress by cheating on vacation. But I'm a realist, so I want to plan ahead for some things that will feel like super cheats, but aren't and I'm wondering, of my ideas, which are the best?

--I saw many people talking about Quest bars and ordered some, but when I read the nutrition info on them once they were in my hand I felt like it was too much, too dangerous, so I boxed them up and hid them away. Would allowing myself a Quest bar during vacation ( a replacement for one packet) be a bad cheat? Or a pseudo cheat? I see many of you using this product....

-- I've considered allowing myself to have a diet coke with one or two meals -- my coach actually said I could do this once in awhile What's your feedback on this?

--Other suggestions? How can I "indulge" without cheating??
Most quest bars are a good replacement for a restricted or super restricted (once per week).

My question for you is why do you need a consumable treat on vacation?
How about some other indulgence? A massage perhaps. Or a new piece of jewelry? Or some other reminder of how far you've come and why sticking to plan is way better than not?

People have discovered lots of ways to create OP treats. The recipe threads are full of ideas, and an OP item you consider a treat may be someone else's daily snack. We're all different in what we consider indulgences. There are some good ideas in the thread from the Incredible Weight Loss Center.

Enjoy your OP vacation. Remember that special times arent about the food
Closed Thread