Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 7/17/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Newbie

Hello, this is my very first day with IP. I'm very hopeful as I start this new plan. I'm impressed with the success stories here. I'm sure I will have a hundred questions before my first week is over. Thanks .........Here I go.......
Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Good luck Caroling56
You have come to the right place. You can do this. You will be amazed how much better you will feel.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 169.6/129.0/120-125

Height: 5'4.5

Default hi!

Hi everyone,

I've been on IP since March 20 and as of this morning have lost 40 pounds! I have been reading your posts on this forum since I started but decided to join in on the conversation today, since I finally have hope that i might reach my goal (I always had a nagging doubt in the back of my mind). You all inspire me daily and I'm grateful for each of you. It's so nice to see others going through the same struggles (I am single and doing IP on my own). Thanks to all of you!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:13 AM   #5  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroling56 View Post
Hello, this is my very first day with IP. I'm very hopeful as I start this new plan. I'm impressed with the success stories here. I'm sure I will have a hundred questions before my first week is over. Thanks .........Here I go.......
Congratulations on your start, and welcome to the group. This has to be the easiest diet to follow of all that I have used. I hope you find it to be the same.

Good Morning All,
I've been out of town this last week on a business trip. I need to hurry back up to the hotel room and get my salad packed. I came down for the complementary hot breakfast at the hotel, and was dissapointed the offered scrambled eggs tasted more like pancake mix than eggs. Only took a couple bites then decided to grab a protein shake from the fridge instead. Other than the eggs, coffee and tea were about the only options. Boiled eggs would have been good.... maybe tomorrow.
No weigh in this week since I'm not at my normal scale - but I've been on plan all week so it will prove out over time regardless.

Have a great day!
Barb
Old 07-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #6  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephpsalm139 View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been on IP since March 20 and as of this morning have lost 40 pounds! I have been reading your posts on this forum since I started but decided to join in on the conversation today, since I finally have hope that i might reach my goal (I always had a nagging doubt in the back of my mind). You all inspire me daily and I'm grateful for each of you. It's so nice to see others going through the same struggles (I am single and doing IP on my own). Thanks to all of you!
Awesome job! I've only been on been on IP alternatives for a few weeks now but I'm very impressed by all the weight losses and encouragement you see here on this site! Congrats on your weight loss!!!

Michelle
Old 07-17-2014, 07:40 AM   #7  

Welcome, caroling56 and stephpsalm139!! I'm so glad y'all have decided to hang out here with us! This is most certainly an amazing group of people.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 169.6/129.0/120-125

Height: 5'4.5

Default :)

Michelle,

I'm so glad I can encourage people. I think that might be one of the best things about IP. I have had countless people at work, the gym, etc ask me what I did and they are inspired to improve their eating habits if not also go on IP. I also feel more energized and happier than ever, probably from not eating the junk food I was addicted to before but actually feeding my body nutritious foods it didn't have! IP can be difficult at times but it WORKS and FAST, so it's so worth the hard times (I have eaten out maybe twice since March haha, and had to pay $20 for a piece of chicken and lettuce, such a waste, but for social purposes I did it). Good luck!!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Welcome to both of you! this is really the most supportive, informed and generous group of people you could hope to share your IP journey with - it makes all the difference in the world!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Sitting in hospital day 5 - yesterday I really truly felt/craved gooey crunchy chocolate peanut butter SOMETHING! It passed because I remember, like Ruth Ann, how hard I have worked to get where I am.

I have not weighed in for ever so long, first because I was back East at a family wedding and now at the hospital because there is no way. It is very strange being so out of touch with that.

There are some concerns for me, though. Although I have not gone "off" the program and have not eaten any foods I am not supposed to, I am definitely not 100% on the program because I can't be.

Stress, though, means I am dealing with the "big C" as well - despite only greens and fiber, my body is, I think, in shock. I know I need more water but not having easy bathroom access makes that tough.

Really really really bad day yesterday medically but he has hanging in there. We had one of those close to losing him moments where he was in indescribable pain, torture. It was totally unexpected since he was looking like he was getting better. They had disconnected all his meds, antibiotics, steroids, pain stuff. As a result of everyone thinking he was almost ready to go home, it took much too long to locate a doctor as none was nearby.

Time for life reflection it sure was. Today, just wiped, wanting a hot shower. Sorry about the rant. At least I got clean clothes so life is good!

Last edited by schenectady; 07-17-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Welcome. This is a great place!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Sitting in hospital day 5 - yesterday I really truly felt/craved gooey crunchy chocolate peanut butter SOMETHING! It passed because I remember, like Ruth Ann, how hard I have worked to get where I am.

I have not weighed in for ever so long, first because I was back East at a family wedding and now at the hospital because there is no way. It is very strange being so out of touch with that.

There are some concerns for me, though. Although I have not gone "off" the program and have not eaten any foods I am not supposed to, I am definitely not 100% on the program because I can't be.

Stress, though, means I am dealing with the "big C" as well - despite only greens and fiber, my body is, I think, in shock. I know I need more water but not having easy bathroom access makes that tough.

Really really really bad day yesterday medically but he has hanging in there. We had one of those close to losing him moments where he was in indescribable pain, torture. It was totally unexpected since he was looking like he was getting better. They had disconnected all his meds, antibiotics, steroids, pain stuff. As a result of everyone thinking he was almost ready to go home, it took much too long to locate a doctor as none was nearby.

Time for life reflection it sure was. Today, just wiped, wanting a hot shower. Sorry about the rant. At least I got clean clothes so life is good!
Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #13  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

How scary! I can't imagine how stressful this is for you and your family!!! Are you getting any IP packs at all? If not, I wonder if you are too low in protein and calories? I am praying that your son recovers from this illness, and God gives you strength during this difficult time!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #14  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Good Morning all!

I woke up this AM to a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my hubby for my 39th birthday today! My son came in later and brought me the most adorable handmade card (made this momma cry) and then said, "Too bad you can't have cake. Well, we could put a candle in a nice, big chicken breast!"

That's my boy!

Now, my 4-year old, was less magnanimous. She said, "Well even if YOU can't have cake. WE could!"

Best birthday present I could ever give myself: down 30 lbs with 5 to go!!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Welcome! This is a great board to bring your questions and get lots of support!

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your success - I hope to be where you are in 4 months!

Quote:

No need to apologize for sharing - I can't imagine how hard it must be to go through what your family is going through. And despite all that you are still doing the best you can under the circumstances not to use food to cope and to take care of yourself by reaching out here for support. I'll be sending lots of prayers your way.
Closed Thread