Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #16  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Congrats on all the 100%, weigh-in's and NSVs on here!!!!!

I am sporting a pair of size 8's for the first time in 6 years. Crazy! I am looking forward to my official weigh-in tomorrow with my coach as my scale is on the fritz at my house, so I haven't weiged in TWO WEEKS! Fingers crossed I am down at least 3 lbs (I know I am slowing so I'm aiming low).

I went to the Dukan Site yesterday to calculate my ideal weight (per others' recommendations on here) and was pleased to find that 135 is a very realistic goal for me.

Most interesting was in determining my body frame. I have always thought of myself as being smaller-framed (mostly because I am the shortest person in my family and have fairly narrow shoulders), but according to the wrist test (wrap your fingers around your wrist), I am large framed! I even did a little more investigation and measured my wrist circumference and elbow width (according to the USDH and yes, I AM crazy at 11pm at night) and am blown away by the thought that being large framed means my weight range is different. I have always felt a little heavy for my height, even when I didn't LOOK heavy. And I wear a fairly large shoe size (7.5-8) and ring (6.5-7) even when thin, so it makes sense once I really think about it. My sister is 5'7" and wears the same shoes size and had a size 4 ring size at one time. And I remember that she can easily put her fingers around her wrists.

Anyway, I find the Dukan calculator fascinating. Highly recommend!
Wow I just checked this out, I've always known I have a larger frame but none of the BMI calculators account for that. According to this my goal weight should be 160.9... I kind of felt like that was a good spot but in looking at bmi I need to get to 149 to be at a healthy bmi... hmm
Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I just tried the Dukan site. It said my ideal weight was 152. My original goal weight was 150 but I lowered it to 145. So I wasn't too far off by just picking a random number. We'll see what happens when I get closer. I had my first instance this weekend of someone telling me I shouldn't loose any more weight. I just told her I wasn't happy with my BMI and I had some more to lose.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Wow I just checked this out, I've always known I have a larger frame but none of the BMI calculators account for that. According to this my goal weight should be 160.9... I kind of felt like that was a good spot but in looking at bmi I need to get to 149 to be at a healthy bmi... hmm
Right? I just did a quick BMI calculator and it says to be in "normal" range I need to weigh 135. Hmm.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I just tried the Dukan site. It said my ideal weight was 152. My original goal weight was 150 but I lowered it to 145. So I wasn't too far off by just picking a random number. We'll see what happens when I get closer. I had my first instance this weekend of someone telling me I shouldn't loose any more weight. I just told her I wasn't happy with my BMI and I had some more to lose.
I know people are trying to be nice and helpful when they say those things, but I find it kind of irritating. When I did weight watchers a few years ago and got down to 150, I heard it all the time. The other day I saw a friend who hadn't seen me in a while (and probably not when I was at 150) and she said that to me. I am not in what is considered a healthy weight range for my height (upper limit is 160). I'm not far from it, and I don't consider myself at an unhealthy weight, but I'm not about to be too skinny or anything. I also know the lower limit is way too low for me (128 lbs). Not to mention, being 12 pounds over where I was a couple of years ago I at least want to get back to that! I still wanted to lose a little more at the time, but I was overall really happy with how I looked and felt. Wish I had kept it off, but some GI problems caused me to change my diet and I just went way too far in the wrong direction. IP is really helping me focus back on listening to my body and what it says is ok rather than what the "textbook" things are that I should and shouldn't eat given my issues. At least I'm figuring it out now!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #20  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I have an NSV well two.... last night when I got off of the coach my husband said, your jeans are falling off of you. I said, I know I stepped on the hem when I was standing up, and he said no- they are too big, they are falling off of you! I could take them on and off without unzipping/buttoning them so I guess he was right. So today I pulled out a pair of jeans that were in my closet that I haven't worn in over a year and they fit!
Awesome. It is always fun shopping in your own closet for smaller clothes! I remember when I had to buy all new underwear! Much more comfortable too.

I have been struggling myself and just started back OP yesterday. I am feeling good, it's amazing how much better I feel OP. I went to Scout camp last week and had a blast BUT I felt like crying several times a day, especially the end of the day after walking 5-6 miles a day. My knees and legs were hurting. That has motivated me to start working the plan again. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #21  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Dukan must be getting lots of hits! I did it this morning and it said 161.2 for me. I have myself medium frame because although my fingers didn't touch I think I have really small hands. I fit children's gloves! I'm glad to know the weight I picked is a good match. I'm not going to kill myself to get there though. My plan, as long as I stay on plan is to go to phase 2 on October 1.

I am struggling right now with some of the negative side effects like hair loss and my inability to always be as mentally sharp. I can't stand forgetting was I was doing only a minute after I decide to do it.

Planning some thrift store shopping tonight. I need some new to me clothing options and pants that will stay up!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Had my WI last Friday...after FINALLY being 100% for 10 days. I was down 5.8 lbs! Yea! I haven't lost any weight since April...haven't gained, at least. I had been about 95% OP, but it's obvious that I won't lose any weight if I'm not 100%. My husband has 20 lbs to lose, so he has been doing it with me (he isn't seeing the coach...just eating what I eat) which has helped me stay 100% OP!

I kept thinking that maybe IP was just another diet that didn't really work for me...but i wasn't 100%. My coach kept telling me even at 98% I can derail my weight loss. I am so relieved and happy....and motivated!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #23  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Have been so busy at work haven't had time to update my ticker, which is my usual Tuesday morning ritual. Had a big woosh - down 3.2 pounds this week after a couple ~1 pound losses. Happy! only half a pound to -40 pounds total and 10 pounds to my first goal.

I also did the Dukan calculator a while back. I have a heavy frame, and with my diet history it said my ideal weight was 173. BMI chart says I should be below 155 to be in the normal range. I thought that would be my ultimate goal weight for awhile, but I don't know how maintainable it will be for me. My doctor has even said that most people would be skin and bones if they went all the way into the normal range, so a little more is ok. I'm probably going to aim for 165 to start phase 2. I also want to get my waist below 35 inches, but I'm only half an inch away from that!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #24  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
...I am struggling right now with some of the negative side effects like hair loss and my inability to always be as mentally sharp. I can't stand forgetting was I was doing only a minute after I decide to do it...
Oh -- I never even thought of the diet as affecting my mental clarity. I went into 2 stores this week and forgot what I was in there for til I came out. Felt pretty stupid - especially the second time. I also forgot a few names lately and that is not like me either. It is WEIGHT I want to lose, not my memory!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #25  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Right? I just did a quick BMI calculator and it says to be in "normal" range I need to weigh 135. Hmm.
Hmmm...I am just an inch taller than you (actually just about .75in), and i think my bmi is already in normal range when i looked two weeks ago at 144. DEFINETLY not an exact science. I looked at the usdh site....says top of 5'3" is more like 141.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Oh -- I never even thought of the diet as affecting my mental clarity. I went into 2 stores this week and forgot what I was in there for til I came out. Felt pretty stupid - especially the second time. I also forgot a few names lately and that is not like me either. It is WEIGHT I want to lose, not my memory!
Well at least now I have something to blame my lack of mental clarity on! lol

Funny story-
My husband and I were sitting on the couch watching tv the other night and our cat was sitting on his chest. I was petting the cat and talking to her and every time I said something she'd meow. I was having a good old conversation with her and I was in awe that she meowed at everything I said. She then crawled up onto my chest and I kept talking to her but she stopped meowing at me. I said, "what's the matter Jinxy, why did you stop talking to me?" and my husband says, "maybe because I stopped pulling her tail!!!!" OMG we could not stop laughing. He said, what you thought you were the cat whisperer. I was so embarrassed. I guess you had to be there, but it was funny.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
Had my WI last Friday...after FINALLY being 100% for 10 days. I was down 5.8 lbs! Yea! I haven't lost any weight since April...haven't gained, at least. I had been about 95% OP, but it's obvious that I won't lose any weight if I'm not 100%. My husband has 20 lbs to lose, so he has been doing it with me (he isn't seeing the coach...just eating what I eat) which has helped me stay 100% OP!

I kept thinking that maybe IP was just another diet that didn't really work for me...but i wasn't 100%. My coach kept telling me even at 98% I can derail my weight loss. I am so relieved and happy....and motivated!
Great SV and NSV to hear that you are motivated by being 100% I've had a similar experience where even what I thought were minor deviations (like not being as strict with measuring, adding a little of something that isn't 0/0/0, etc) really caused me to stall. I am one of those people who has to be 100% for this to work, even though I know lots of others get results at 90%. I don't know about you, but after getting on the 100% train for a week or two it seems easier and easier.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #28  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Dukan says my ideal weight is 176. I'm at 176.2 which is not ideal.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #29  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I don't know what size frame I would have so I guesstimated with medium. I have clubbed thumbs, they are really short and look like toes....so using the wrap around the wrist method with really short thumbs to figure out what size frame I have isn't exactly accurate. My short chubby thumbs touch my other fingers when wrapped around my wrist, so if I had normal thumbs they may overlap. I'm a Smedium frame. It said my ideal weight would be 136. My goal is 135 so I'm gonna keep with it.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #30  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

A question unrelated to IP. LONG!!!!

My 28 year old daughter called and said she woke up on Friday and hers knee's were swollen and aching. By bedtime she could hardly walk. She was also covered in hives. She went to the ER on Friday night. After being there waiting all night they said it was an allergic reaction. The gave her Benadryl and Steroids. Since then the hives seem to go away a little during the day only to return at night. Yesterday her throat felt weird scratchy. Today her knee's and throat are better but the hives are still there. She is going for a follow up at a clinic today. I am really worried about her. She has never had an allergic reaction to anything. I have NEVER heard of sore joints associated with an allergic reaction before. Has anyone ever heard of that.

She talked to her bf's mom who is a nurse and was told it sound more like a virus because of her joints hurting and that sometimes viruses cause hives. I've never heard of that either. She lives several hours away from me or I would be taking her somewhere right now. I'm very concerned.
Closed Thread