Old 07-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #1  

Default Second Time Around, Day 2 - I forgot how bad this sucks!!!

I did IP from approximately September 2013 to January 2014 and lost 55 pounds. It was hard, but I stuck to it religiously and had great success. And for a while after going into maintenance phase, I did ok (mostly b/c I started the Insanity exercise DVD's and the exercise was keeping the weight off, b/c I was slipping back into old eating habits). And then the exercise starting slacking. Bad eating habits returned with gusto, and I sit here today having gained back about 16 pounds. I haven't put it all back on yet, but if I didn't do something, I slowly would have.

Sooooo, I decided to jump back on IP again and see if I could drop the 16 pounds I put back on, along with another 10 or so this time around. Started yesterday. This is day 2 and I forgot how crappy you feel in the first few days. I'm tired, have a major headache, feel groggy and out of it - just don't feel good overall. And I'm starving!!!! Ugh, I can't wait to get to day 4 or 5 and start feeling better.

And I'll tell you, the food packs just seem a little nastier this second time around. I got so burned out on them the first time, this time around I find myself almost having to gag down my meals. I think I got into such a rut, making the same things over and over again the first time that I got burned out on all of it. I think I need to find some new and innovative ways to spice up my food packs. I'm just hoping I can stick with this the second time around that I had the first time.
jfw3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I agree with the taste of the packets the second time around....The first time I loved the chocolate pudding and would look forward to it everyday. Now I am gagging it down, eating it because I am hungry, but it does not taste the same!
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfw3535 View Post

And I'll tell you, the food packs just seem a little nastier this second time around. I got so burned out on them the first time, this time around I find myself almost having to gag down my meals. I think I got into such a rut, making the same things over and over again the first time that I got burned out on all of it. I think I need to find some new and innovative ways to spice up my food packs. I'm just hoping I can stick with this the second time around that I had the first time.
Hi there, I am in a similar boat, was doing great on IP last year and then phased off with the intention of coming back to lose a bit more after a break. I had to get started this summer after some weight started creeping back on. I am just wrapping up week 1 of my re-start - if you can get through the first yucky week just once, you'll be back in the swing of things and everything will hopefully feel a bit better. Also good that you noticed that getting into a rut last time might have caused some burn out - now you can take steps right away to make sure that doesn't happen again, maybe try some new packet hacks or new veggies to keep things interesting (and tasty if you're not enjoying the packets!) The recipe threads on here saved me the first time around and I'm already checking them out again to see what's new or revisit some things I liked in the past. Good for you for getting back on the wagon sooner rather than later!
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Hopefully the taste will get better for you too . I'm only on my second week(first time) so no experience here, but I LOVED the strawberry wafers that I just tried. My favorite IP thing so far!
kathy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #5  

Made it to day 5 and lost 6 pounds already. Definitely a motivating sign to see that. One thing I forgot about is how bad a taste you get in your mouth. Ugh, this ketosis mouth is awful!!! That alone is almost enough to make me want to quit this. But I won't I'm hanging in there. 10 more pounds to get back to where I was after the first time I did this. 20 more to get to my goal. Hopefully I can hold out that long.
jfw3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:19 PM   #6  
Rebooter

S/C/G: 155/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I agree with the taste of the packets the second time around....The first time I loved the chocolate pudding and would look forward to it everyday. Now I am gagging it down, eating it because I am hungry, but it does not taste the same!
Me three on the gagging packets down. I am trying a lot more alternatives this go around - that's why I came back to this forum, I love all the recipes and options!
AeRose is offline   Reply With Quote