Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #16  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

So... all this weight loss has revealed an enormous lump in my breast. Who knows how long it's been there, but with all the scrawnification going on, it's super apparent now. Went to the doc this morning, she says it's "alarming" and is sending me in for an emergency mammogram and biopsy tomorrow. I'm not talking about it with friends and family yet, because it seems terribly premature to freak everyone out. But I needed to vent somewhere, and I knew you would understand!

Though breast cancer runs in my family in a big way, I'm only 36 so this seems a bit early to deal with all of this. I'm not really scared--I'm going to be fine. But who knows--IP (and the weight loss, and therefore finding the lump) might just save my life? Anyway, positive thoughts and vibes would be appreciated right about now. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Annie,

I can't imagine how scared you must be. So glad that you have an appt. tomorrow and will be thinking of you sending positive thoughts and fingers crossed for good news.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Annie-
I'm sending prayers your way!!! Please do vent here, we are here for you!!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #19  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Annie -- we will all be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. You are right tho, about this being a great place to be able to talk or share before you are ready to "talk and share" with those around you.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #20  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
So... all this weight loss has revealed an enormous lump in my breast. Who knows how long it's been there, but with all the scrawnification going on, it's super apparent now. Went to the doc this morning, she says it's "alarming" and is sending me in for an emergency mammogram and biopsy tomorrow. I'm not talking about it with friends and family yet, because it seems terribly premature to freak everyone out. But I needed to vent somewhere, and I knew you would understand!

Though breast cancer runs in my family in a big way, I'm only 36 so this seems a bit early to deal with all of this. I'm not really scared--I'm going to be fine. But who knows--IP (and the weight loss, and therefore finding the lump) might just save my life? Anyway, positive thoughts and vibes would be appreciated right about now. Thanks!
I will pray that this is not cancer. I had a painful lump in my late 20's, which scared the heck out of me. I had a lot of conflicting advice, but the made the best choice that I don't regret, which was to talk to an expert in breast health. She was soooo amazing and helpful and followed up with me for a year. I didn't not have cancer, just a troublesome cyst, and she helped me decide not to take it out since scar tissue can cause pain.

Hang in there! Your attitude is spot on....no need to jump to worse case scenario.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #21  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Positive thoughts and prayer to you. You seem to have a good attitude about it. We are all here for you.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:45 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I swore that I was not going to gain my weight back. Lost 30 pounds and have gained 20 pounds over the last 4 years. I am very upset with myself. I am on day 1. Too many excuses. The party is over. Back to reality.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Annie
My thoughts and prayers are with you! I had a scare a few years ago also, turned out to be just dense breast tissue. You're right there is no since in stressing about it until you know the outcome. You have such a positive attitude you will be able to deal with what ever you need to. I hope you get good news within the next few days.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 189.6/139/145

Quote:

Praying all goes well for you tomorrow. You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I swore that I was not going to gain my weight back. Lost 30 pounds and have gained 20 pounds over the last 4 years. I am very upset with myself. I am on day 1. Too many excuses. The party is over. Back to reality.
Congratulations for making the decision to get back at it!!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #26  

Annie, I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #27  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

My thoughts are with you Annie. You've proven your willpower with this weight loss journey, transfer that strength now to this. Much love.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #28  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Sending thoughts and prayers to you Annie. Thanks for sharing and coming here for support and for your positive attitude even in the face of an uneasy time.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Annie, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #30  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Annie; thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow. Keep upbeat.....state of mind always helps!!!!
Closed Thread