Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
NSV!

I know we all have many reasons for losing weight and that the best reason is for yourself.

However...it completely made my day when 2 different people, neither of whom I know, came up to me at the gym and said "keep up the great work," "I see a huge difference," "good job."
IPN, yahoo! So nice to get your hard work noticed. When I get caught up on all my house and yard chores ( believe me it's a work out), I a going to join you at the gym. Thanks for being an inspiration.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #32  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Diane (IP43)....what an amazing quote!

Near to my goal, I find it easy to forget how I felt just a few short months ago: embarrassed, sloppy, unhealthy, sluggish, grouchy, gross (to name a few). For me, it wasn't even being overweight, it was HOW I was eating. I told my hubby right when I started IP that I was ready to work on self-acceptance no matter how I looked, but that there was no way to accept the unhealthy eating habits that I was doing. IP has given me "food peace" and a new focus. So grateful!
It is so easy to forget how I was when I started this process. I went to a work function last night and one of my friends who is overweight said that she couldn't believe how much I've changed in seven months and she was thinking that looking back on the last seven months, there was no reason that she couldn't have done what I did and then she would be where I am at now. Not sure if that makes sense but looking back, there is no function, party, celebration or wedding that I regretted staying OP for. I had fun at all the events I went to, and it's amazing how many there are in 7 months, and staying OP has meant that I am now reaping the benefits. Plus I've learnt so many tricks and tips for not over indulging at these events that I plan to take to maintenance with me.

I love your quote about IP giving you food peace. Too true. The other thing that IP has given me is the strength to say no to foods being offered and to realize that if the only foods available are not healthy for me, I will not starve to death if I say no, drink loads of water and wait to eat when I get home. I may get a bit 'hangry' (mixture of hungry and angry) but I will still be alive and won't be filled with food regret, which brings along with it all those horrible guilty feelings.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #33  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
My coach gave me a new sheet last week (dated 6/2014). It is slightly different than what was circulated a few weeks ago (the number of whole eggs wasn't decreased to 2, for instance).
I'd like to see the new sheets do you have the ability to scan and share?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #34  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Worked my butt off yesterday! It was a great day shift at the bar, had a handful of regulars and then a couple of guys from out of town who travel around on their motorcycles seeing "the worlds larges....." things so happens I work at a bar called Buddha bobs and apparently the Buddha statue out front is the worlds largest.... made me laugh. Anyway kept me busy and I finally made some decent tips which is good since my daughters MRI for her knee is Monday and it's gonna cost me a fortune!
Old 07-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Ruth Ann!

Thanks Slip!
Old 07-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I'll post them later in the stickies. I'll let everyone know when I get them posted.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I sent to Lisa and she will post soon (IPN also sent them!) this time they have been verified as released for all IPers!
Old 07-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
My coach gave me a new sheet last week (dated 6/2014). It is slightly different than what was circulated a few weeks ago (the number of whole eggs wasn't decreased to 2, for instance).
I just read the new. Sheet... Eggs instead of 8 oz meat reads "6 eggs (2-4 whole, remainder must be whites) so it gives some leeway there!
Old 07-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #39  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

I made some popsicles with my Wildberry Yogurt Drink Mix and some molds I bought from amazon. They are so tasty and a treat in this summer heat!
Old 07-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #40  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
.... seeing "the worlds larges....." things so happens I work at a bar called Buddha bobs .... made me laugh.
... I had to laugh too at ME... I read "buddha BOOBS" and was picturing the world's largest...well, not Buddha...LOL... glad the tips were good. Sorry to hear about your daughter's MRI...yikes!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #41  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Has anyone tried Kay's naturals protein snacks? I tried them for the first time today. They seem very similar to IP snacks but a lot cheaper. I found them at my local grocery store (HEB) for 5 packets for $5.00. I looked at their information on the website and it sounds similar to IP in some ways. Checkout the site. (www.kaysnaturals.com) and let me know what you think.

Michelle
Old 07-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #42  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!

I had a little more "me" time than I usually get this weekend. Treated myself to an awesome pedicure as my "sticking with IP and nearly there" goal this weekend. Then, I did a little shopping without the kiddos (ahhhh, heaven!). I didn't buy a lot, but I was amazed at how differently things were fitting me. I worked very hard on not being a constant critic of myself in my new shape (since it's a little rougher around the edges after a twin pregnancy). It was crazy to just pull a size off the rack and assume it would fit!

I saw a picture of myself that my hubby had on his phone from the weekend I started IP.....sheesh I didn't realized I looked that heavy. My hubby took a picture of me with my kiddos today, so I'll post a picture before and current in the pics thread. I would have normally deleted the old "big" photo of me...but I need to keep that puppy on my phone as a reminder of how far I've come and how much I DON'T want to go back.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhillips View Post
Has anyone tried Kay's naturals protein snacks? I tried them for the first time today. They seem very similar to IP snacks but a lot cheaper. I found them at my local grocery store (HEB) for 5 packets for $5.00. I looked at their information on the website and it sounds similar to IP in some ways. Checkout the site. (www.kaysnaturals.com) and let me know what you think.

Michelle
Everything I have seen from them is restricted. You might look at the first post in the Alternative product thread which gives guidelines for selecting alternates. Also a few posts after that one I posted a few additional details to help clarify what to look for.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #44  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Why don't adult pants have the adjust a waist that my kids pants have? I really don't want to buy any more summer pants and I don't like wearing a belt - I end up almost peeing my pants trying to undo it! And when you drink the amount of water you are supposed to, that is plenty of trips to the potty.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
NSV!

I know we all have many reasons for losing weight and that the best reason is for yourself.

However...it completely made my day when 2 different people, neither of whom I know, came up to me at the gym and said "keep up the great work," "I see a huge difference," "good job."
IPN-that is awesome feedback and I'm sure so motivating to keep going.

Evemoma- sounds like some lovely me time. How old are your twins? Mine turned 6 in June. The pregnancy left me a lower tire above my bikini line but IP diet has helped. Not sure how much more will change.

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend. I ran 10.85 km, with a few hiks thrown in for "fun" yesterday morning. On the run back my legs were so tired I kept tripping over roots. We were on the trails to keep out of the sun. I notice I'm hungrier on long run days. I eat the extra pack but still want to eat my house. My run coach wants me to start the training for a half marathon with the possibility of running one this November. I may set the goal and even if I don't run the whole thing or don't quite get there this year there is always next.
Closed Thread