Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #16  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Happy Wednesday!

I'm going to be an Aunt today My sister is having a c-section to deliver twins today, a little girl and boy. I can't wait to see them this afternoon any my twins are super excited. I think my parent's are a little overwhelmed by another set of twins in the family.

Hope everyone has a great day
Congrats! Wonderful news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
Morning all! Down 4.8 lbs at my weigh in
Brings me to just over 40 lbs total
Keeps me motivated that's for sure. Halfway to goal
Way to go! Definitely motivating to be on your way to goal!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Jenny38: Congrats! Babies are so sweet

dangeron: Woohoo! Half way to goal is awesome!

NSV for me today. I bought some medium tops at a sale this weekend and didn't try them on because I didn't think they would fit. I put on three different tops this morning and they were all TOO big. I tried on one of the mediums and it fit! I was so excited. I can't even remember when I last wore a medium.

I don't think I have my head wrapped around the fact that I am not a XL or an L anymore.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles1212 View Post
Good Morning! Wondering if anyone has tried freezing zucchini after shredding it?
Thanks!
I've done it for years to use in zucchini bread during the winter and this year plan on doing it in 2 cup portions for making quick IP muffins. It gets a bit mushy when thawed, making it unappetizing for just sauteing though.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #19  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
evemomma- I was told that veins may appear more prominent for some time while losing weight as the top layer of fat which they were feeding dissipates. They should retreat back into the body. Not sure if this applies to spider veins, but one would think so.

I am struggling with holding on to two pounds right now that popped back up. Has anyone tried cycling pure protein days to lose water (sort of an extreme bootcamp)?
Goodness that would be awesome. When I was at my lowest I noticed my arms looked like a vein diagram. very unattractive. I'll be facing this issue again, so it's nice to think they will get better looking.
I can't help with the pure protein days, but hope you get some feedback to help.
Barb
Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I've done it for years to use in zucchini bread during the winter and this year plan on doing it in 2 cup portions for making quick IP muffins. It gets a bit mushy when thawed, making it unappetizing for just sauteing though.
Thanks Wahoofan! I am going to try it for muffins in the winter as well.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I had a funny moment of panic yesterday while flying for the first time in a while. I was flying on a small prop plane and I had the front exit row, the one where you do not have an arm between the two seats, but instead the swing down tray table.

As I approached the seat around the gentleman seated next to me, I saw the firm divider of the tray table and thought there was no way I could fit in that smaller seat! I started to panic but thought 'just give it a go'.

I was stunned, than happily surprised to discover that I fit with room to spare! My brain does not always wrap itself around the new body!
Old 07-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #22  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I had a funny moment of panic yesterday while flying for the first time in a while. I was flying on a small prop plane and I had the front exit row, the one where you do not have an arm between the two seats, but instead the swing down tray table.

As I approached the seat around the gentleman seated next to me, I saw the firm divider of the tray table and thought there was no way I could fit in that smaller seat! I started to panic but thought 'just give it a go'.

I was stunned, than happily surprised to discover that I fit with room to spare! My brain does not always wrap itself around the new body!
That's great! I think trying new or different things is a good way to appreciate how much you've lost. We were just on vacation, and I realized that getting out of my regular environment was a great way to recognize how much smaller I am. The difference on the plane ride (compared to my last one just before I started IP) was huge! We also went to an amusement park and I was so excited that I could ride all of the rides without worrying about fitting in them! I wouldn't have noticed all those changes in the same way at home.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #23  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Happy Wednesday!

I'm going to be an Aunt today My sister is having a c-section to deliver twins today, a little girl and boy. I can't wait to see them this afternoon any my twins are super excited. I think my parent's are a little overwhelmed by another set of twins in the family.

Thanks for the comments on the juicing. It does seem that the carb super count can get high with all the fruit and the. The ideal of doing straight vegies seems a little bitter. Stevia seems to be a low calorie substitute that can be added to sweeten. I may try and see.

Hope everyone has a great day
Oh congrats. That's so exciting.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #24  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Happy Hump day Peeps,

Yesterday I went with my son and daughter in law to their ultra sound appointment. My first grand baby is a GIRL. Yay, I am super excited. I have one girl and three boys with the girl being my first. It's been a long long time since i've been able to buy cute baby girl things. I may go broke. lol

Today I put a Tri Tip roast in the crock pot and smothered it in salsa. It smells delicious. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I normal bbq them but wanted something different.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #25  

While I'm on vacation, I'm often up late enough to start the daily early enough for the night owls

The veggie topic is a GREAT one.
My go to dinner veggies:
Coleslaw (bag of slaw mix & WF slaw dressing with some extra ACV to cut the chemical taste of the dressing. Sometimes I make my own mayo with olive oil and also cut the WF dressing with some healthier homemade slaw dressing)
Caulimash
Cukes & onion in vinegar (a summer fav)
Caulirice
Roasted cabbage or radishes (not a fan of raw radish but whole new taste sensation roasted)
Roasted asparagus
And I make a rhubarb jello for an after-dinner treat.

Quote:
The roasted cabbage is a favorite of mine as well although I was completely prepared to hate it -cabbage, really? Then I tried it and I am hooked. My husband hates the smell but loves the new me, so he suffers.

He grills asparagus for me outside and makes sure to get them really charred and crispy. Same for peppers.
Have him throw the cabbage steaks on the grill, then it won't smell up the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles1212 View Post
Good Morning! Wondering if anyone has tried freezing zucchini after shredding it?
Thanks!
All the time!

I even cook it ahead-of-time and put in ice cube trays. It's all premeasured and ready to make my IP packet-zucchini muffins.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-09-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #26  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hopping on the "what's your favorite veggie/dinner" bandwagon to ask everyone what your favorite IP "sweet treat" is? My birthday is tomorrow and, while I know I'll be ok without cake and ice cream, my mom will have a fit if I don't have something to stick a candle in. I got an IP double chocolate brownie as a contingency plan, and have ingredients for the zucchini apple crisp...but what's your fave for a special occasion?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #27  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

NSVs the last few days... my teenager was going to give me a hug and she stopped and she was like "holy crap mom I just realized how skinny you are" she used the word skinny... I still have a ways to go but it was great then she was wearing a shirt, looked comfy and was big on her I asked her if I could try it on and she was like sure.. it fit and I asked her what size it is, she said Medium and I about cried... it's funny I took this picture the other day and realized I'm starting to look like one of those girls with the small waist but huge boobs and curvy hips, it's a look I am absolutely ok with. Plus for the first time in ages guys are actually flirting with me. All and all it's been a good week
Old 07-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #28  

Default Beck Diet Daily Tip

July 9, 2014 - Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: It’s okay to eat whatever I want because I’m on vacation.

Response: If my goal is to lose weight, or at least maintain my weight, then vacations can be a break from work and from daily life, but not from healthy eating. Besides, I will enjoy the trip MORE if I stay in control of my eating! Every time I eat off track I feel terrible, and that will not change even though I’m on vacation.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
Morning all! Down 4.8 lbs at my weigh in
Brings me to just over 40 lbs total
Keeps me motivated that's for sure. Halfway to goal
Way to go Dangeron!!

Catlady, that is a great NSV. I think it takes a while to realize how much our bodies have changed. Happy shopping

Quote:

Schenectady - I would panic over being in a small prop plane! Where were you headed? That is a great NSV.

Jemma - congratulations on finding out you are going to be a grandma of a lovely little girl. So exciting.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
NSVs the last few days... my teenager was going to give me a hug and she stopped and she was like "holy crap mom I just realized how skinny you are" she used the word skinny... I still have a ways to go but it was great then she was wearing a shirt, looked comfy and was big on her I asked her if I could try it on and she was like sure.. it fit and I asked her what size it is, she said Medium and I about cried... it's funny I took this picture the other day and realized I'm starting to look like one of those girls with the small waist but huge boobs and curvy hips, it's a look I am absolutely ok with. Plus for the first time in ages guys are actually flirting with me. All and all it's been a good week
Amber, that is a great NSV. I envy the big boobs, mine were small to begin with and now I am wearing padded bra!

Saying good night to my son last night he started playing with the loose skin under my arm, flicking it back and fourth, then he made up a story about it. Very funny!
Old 07-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #30  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hopping on the "what's your favorite veggie/dinner" bandwagon to ask everyone what your favorite IP "sweet treat" is? My birthday is tomorrow and, while I know I'll be ok without cake and ice cream, my mom will have a fit if I don't have something to stick a candle in. I got an IP double chocolate brownie as a contingency plan, and have ingredients for the zucchini apple crisp...but what's your fave for a special occasion?
Hey, pishposh! My birthday is tomorrow too! Happy birthday to us both!!! My kids will be bringing me an IP chocolate wafer for breakfast in bed, since they know that is my FAVORITE sweet treat! Let's both be crazy-scrawny as our birthday present to ourselves.
Closed Thread