Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:11 AM   #1  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 07/08/2014

Disclaimer for July 08: I tried to post the important links here like Lisa does everyday and they didn't work as "links". So for today - if you need information on something below, go to any other "Daily" posting and you'll get the hyperlinks that work

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. Alternative products that will work on Phase 1
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by IP43; 07-08-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

I'm not sure if I posted all the link stuff right on top-- I just cut and pasted. If something doesn't work, just go to yesterday's daily for the links

Looks like Lisa is sleepin' in so thought I'd get things going for the day. I know she said she was on holiday and didn't have her computer with her. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful day somewhere Lisa!

Last edited by IP43; 07-08-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #3  
Diane on track July 2014

https://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja?fref=photoThis is from the Ideal Protein - Lohja, Finland facebook site -- they have great recipes!

INSPIRATION: The journey is hard. Some folks will not be supportive or tear you down if you fall. But don't give up. Your life will not be the same as you start seeing a difference.

"When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty but her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings."

Last edited by IP43; 07-08-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Love the quote Diane!!!

Well as some of you may know I've had some issues with my lower back hurting, after an MRI, CT Scan, X Rays with contrast, blood work and urine the urologist wanted me to come in this week for a cystoscopy. I asked him if I did indeed have kidney stones, his reply was, we can't say for certain but this test will let us know. I opted out. At that point I was still believing that it was muscular. The MRI came back showing that my back was fine, but of course if it was muscular it wouldn't show up. Well I'm glad that I followed my gut because last night I had an ah-ha moment. Before I began hurting I was taking a bath every night with scented epsom salts, after I began hurting I stopped taking the baths. Well last night I decided to take a bath again. After my bath I began hurting, that's when I realized that when I get out of the tub (it's not easy pulling 239 lbs out of a bath tub!) I was pushing off on my arm and twisting my back!!! Twisting my back!!! That is what did it!!! Geez, all of those tests and numerous meds later and I figure it out!!!!

Well I am glad that is all it was, and for now I will stick with showers.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #5  

Kelly, what a relief to figure out the problem and to know it isn't anything more serious! I'm so glad you know what was causing you so much pain. Sorry you went through so much testing.

Today is looking and feeling like a better day in my world. My mom is in town so we are going to a nearby city for some shopping and to hit my favorite place, Barnes and Noble. We are both loving the author Joshilyn Jackson so we want to pick up a few more of her books.

I hope everyone has a good OP day!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #6  
Diane on track July 2014

Ooooh -- I need a good summer read so perhaps will check one of those out. Ironically, I had bought the newest book by Diana Gabaldon and in the 'clean up' to sell the house, I can't find it! Jamie Fraser, the hero, is now "stashed somewhere" so I may have to "unclean" to find him! LOL. It's not a "small" book so shouldn't be that hard to find.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #7  

Default Omitted links

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #8  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

WI #6 today and down 3 lbs. I made it out of the 180's. I was so happy to see that this morning.

Today is a super exciting day. I am going with my son and daughter in law to their ultra sound appointment. We're going to find out the sex of my first grandbaby. I am beyond excited. It's going to be a long day because we don't go until 5:30.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Talked with my coach this morning, I mentioned I was debating when to phase off and she said 160 seemed like a good goal for me but to keep in mind that that's almost a whole other 30 pounds to shed and I've already slimmed down so much with my first 36 pounds off. I feel great already...not necessarily "fit," my endurance needs some work but that's something I'll have to work on with exercise later.

I just still feel fat sometimes. I catch myself in the mirror and am like "wow I really look good," but I'm still wearing the same clothes for the most part. They are loose but not unwearable. I guess mentally, if I can still wear a size 16 and it's not literally falling off of me then I think I'm still that size. I need to get a good before/after pic so I can see how much progress I've really made and maybe go to goodwill and just try on smaller sized clothes to give myself some perspective.

I think there are mini phases within phase 1 that I've been progressing through, and right now I'm reaching the mini phase where I have to tackle my own insecurities and my lifelong unhappiness with my size and my weight. I need to refocus on getting to be a healthy weight rather than an unrealistic size that I'll be struggling to maintain.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #10  

Company just left and I did well. Passed on all the summer treats. It was tough cooking for a crowd and serving special requests knowing I couldn't eat them. I will say this about IP...I really haven't had cravings. That is something new for me. Only extra I allowed myself all week was an egg white veggie omelet with no butter when we went out for breakfast one morning. My family is supportive, which I appreciate. It will all be worth it when I weigh in this week. Have a great week everyone.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Posh 'n' the rest of the gals: I'm not sure why it seems so many of the coaches (or maybe it's the posters themselves) talk about phasing off when we aren't at goal. They seem to suggest it all the time for vacations or special events or even just because. Unless there is a physical reason (ie. Lisa's case) - why would one stop their weight loss before they get to goal? I've never heard any of the coaches at my clinic mention this, so I am curious. Is it due to food boredom, maybe? It does take a lot of discipline to eat this way when others around you are going 'hog-wild,' but it will still take discipline to eat properly once in maintenance - may as well learn it now and then you can get to maintenance sooner and have more 'food choice freedom.'

Chime in ladies, on this discussion, and fill me in or argue with me, whichever you prefer. I'm not taking any of it personally & hope you don't either .

Liana
Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I must be going crazy...I posted a post in here this morning and it's gone
Happened to me last night and then I realized that I had only previewed it and didn't submit, just went on to another thread, lol. Maybe that is what happened to yours.

Good quote from one of my Australian 3FC friends on the 50+ threads:

Success is not a race, be patient.
Success leads to success.
Success is always a work in progress.
Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.
Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.
Some people dream about success... while others wake up and work hard at it.
Success is achieved and maintained by those who try-and keep trying.
Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!
If at first you don't succeed-try, try again

Inspiration for today (so Lisa can get her rest )
Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Happened to me last night and then I realized that I had only previewed it and didn't submit, just went on to another thread, lol. Maybe that is what happened to yours.

Good quote from one of my Australian 3FC friends on the 50+ threads:

Success is not a race, be patient.
Success leads to success.
Success is always a work in progress.
Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.
Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.
Some people dream about success... while others wake up and work hard at it.
Success is achieved and maintained by those who try-and keep trying.
Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!
If at first you don't succeed-try, try again

Inspiration for today (so Lisa can get her rest )
LOL No i'm just crazy it's at the bottom of this post. lol
Old 07-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #14  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi Posh 'n' the rest of the gals: I'm not sure why it seems so many of the coaches (or maybe it's the posters themselves) talk about phasing off when we aren't at goal. They seem to suggest it all the time for vacations or special events or even just because. Unless there is a physical reason (ie. Lisa's case) - why would one stop their weight loss before they get to goal? I've never heard any of the coaches at my clinic mention this, so I am curious. Is it due to food boredom, maybe? It does take a lot of discipline to eat this way when others around you are going 'hog-wild,' but it will still take discipline to eat properly once in maintenance - may as well learn it now and then you can get to maintenance sooner and have more 'food choice freedom.'

Chime in ladies, on this discussion, and fill me in or argue with me, whichever you prefer. I'm not taking any of it personally & hope you don't either .

Liana
No offense taken. Perhaps my message was unclear, I am not considering phasing off before I hit my goal (while I'll admit, I do suffer from diet fatigue from time to time and am looking forward greatly to maintenance). I will at least hit my initial goal of 175 (-50 pounds). It's mainly, figuring out what is my final goal? I have ideas about what it might be, but I have no idea what's reasonable, what is ideal because I have no point of reference. I have been overweight since I hit puberty. I have no adult memory of my "lowest" weight or size. At the "lowest" weight I remember being, I was bullied and had a lot of negative experiences regarding my size and appearance. My coaches are not much help, when I ask about goal setting they say "oh just see how you feel." So I guess I'm just trying to figure out where I should be and how I should feel. It probably doesn't even matter fretting over it now, because I still have a ways to go whatever the end goal is.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #15  

Ahhh, got it Posh! Initial Goal & Final Goal. I guess I have difficulty understanding because I wasn't overweight up until just a few years ago, but if a person doesn't have the experience of a healthy (for them) adult weight, it must be hard to know what a goal weight might feel like or look like. Well, hang in there and you will reach your goal in no time! I think you are doing great!
Liana

That still leaves the question of why so many feel they should phase off all the time & then 'restart' again for what seems to me, every little thing... Ideally (no pun intended) we should only have to do that once...no?
Closed Thread