Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #31  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Question,

I have been pretty much eating chicken breast and ground beef daily. I am craving roast beef. I think it's allowed, not sure. I wanted to make some shredded beef in the crockpot. If it is allowed, how do I go about figuring out the serving size as I would be cooking it whole?
Old 07-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #32  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Do you watch the videos at your clinic or online from home? My clinic has never mentioned videos so that is why I'm asking.
In my packet of info from my clinic, there is a website address for the videos. I think it was on the menu page...where they tell you what to have for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack.

Last edited by nat1015; 07-07-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena1966 View Post
Good morning all!

I just watched my morning IP video. It was about willpower. I needed this video as I am struggling with it lately. I really liked how they say to make it so you don't have to make too many decisions throughout the day so have your veggies ready etc. The people that are the most successful are the ones that don't wing it. That is exactly my problem! I keep winging it! So today I am going to follow someone's suggestion of getting big ziploc bags and putting my IP packets in for each day along with a plan. Hoping it works. I just thought I would share in case anyone is struggling the same as me.
I do the same thing, except instead of a baggie I rubber band my days food together. I'm not that good at planning dinner ahead of time, but I keep it simple, I usually cook a meat and whatever fresh veggies I have on hand.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #34  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Question,

I have been pretty much eating chicken breast and ground beef daily. I am craving roast beef. I think it's allowed, not sure. I wanted to make some shredded beef in the crockpot. If it is allowed, how do I go about figuring out the serving size as I would be cooking it whole?
I would measure the weight of the entire roast prior to cooking and figure out how many servings there are. Then I would just roughly split it up in that number of portions after cooking. It isn't exact, but I did that my whole way through P1 and had no issues. If you want you can take it out after cooking and weigh the whole roast again and divide portions out using your scale as well. It depends how exact you wish to be.

Last edited by dak1lls; 07-07-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Question,

Easiest way to figure this out is to weigh before cooking (which is what our measure for IP is anyhow) then figure out how many portions there are in that 'meal.' You can just eat the 6-8 oz precooked proportion that you figured out and there you are.
for instance if your roast was 2 lbs precooked weight that is 4 or 5 portions (8 or 6 oz approx. each) then take only 1/5th or 1/4th of the meat for your meal.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #36  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks ladies. I'm making this today and can't wait for dinner
Old 07-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Greetings, everyone!
I haven't been here much with all of the 4th of July festivities going on. Glad some of the craziness is over. I've also been dealing with a stressful situation involving 2 of our youngest church members and their safety. That's some of the hardest work in ministry but it looks like it will all work out for the best.

I slacked off on my water consumption this weekend with all that was going on, so today I am paying close attention to it and getting back on top of it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and have a great day!
GraceRev, it is wonderful that your youngest church members have an advocate in you. Be sure to take care of you, because it is obvious that you care for many others,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well good news all -- my house has sold so the house buying/selling stress is over. We get our new house at the beginning of Sept and have our old one until the end of Sept so I have 3 weeks to paint and clean before moving -- couldn't have asked for better. My house now is also so clean from having all the showings that I'm sitting around with nothing to do and just able to relax, stress free. No excuse to not be 100% this week so that's my focus. Thanks again to all those people saying a prayer for us. It worked!
IP43! I love how everything is falling into place for you! Enjoy your relax time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I'm not sure why but I have been so hungry!!!! I was hoping that once I got back to work and in my routine that it would get better. I guess I need to eat some veggies, fill up on lettuce. I'm just used to not being hungry. I don't like this.
Kelly, there are definitely hungry times throughout this diet. I relied on herbal tea during those weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
I had my second weigh in today and I lost 8 more pounds! Woohoo! I know the losses will start slowing down but this diet is great!
Wonderful weigh in!

Maryland Mom- welcome to Onederland!

Sheena- you are right, planning provides support for willpower.

EvaMomma, hope your eye and foot are better soon.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #38  

Quote:
I'm not sure how you start your day, but I'm having the IP omelette. On a hungry day, I'll add a ton of veggies to bulk it up. Some days are not "egg" days for me though, and on those days the IP pancakes from the cereal are nice. You can make them ahead and nuke them at work if you need to. Adding protein to your salad at lunch would also be good (a hard boiled egg or some chicken) and then just have the 6 oz at supper instead.
On hungry days, I get a steak -- it just feels more substantial and takes me longer to eat than ground chicken or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
I have only been on the plan for 2 weeks so I'm not an expert at all but maybe look into what ip packets you have been using lately. For snacks, I find the puddings to be most filling. Also, the mushroom soup with 2 cups of sliced sautéed mushrooms is really filling. I also sometimes spread my lunch and dinner out throughout the day...so ip packet and then later on 2 cups of veggies...etc. And drinking lots of water helps.

Sometimes I feel hungry but it is just that I am craving something that I can't have. I can recognize the difference now between "craving hunger" and actual empty stomach hunger.

Good luck! I hope this passes for you!
Thanks for the ideas ladies! I have to confess I've been pretty much eating the same things lately- B:IP pudding blended with 2 cups spinach and instant coffee L: BBQ crisps or salt and vinigar crisps S: IP restricted item D: 8oz meat and 2 cups veggies

I've been doing good with that. It all stemmed from Friday night when we went out to eat, the only thing they had was BBQ chicken and veggies, I tried to wipe all of the sauce off but i'm sure I didn't get it all off. I don't know if it's all in my head or what but i've been more hungry than usual since then. I feared that I was out of ketosis, i'm sure that's not the case....

I'm thinking it's time to change things up, have eggs for breakfast like you suggested, have a soup and salad for lunch. I liked my little routine though.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #39  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well you still have a routine -- you just have a "hungry day" routine, and a "regular day routine" I went off plan for a few days and what I noticed were the cravings. A few bites of carby things one night and the next day I could have eaten a horse. It definitely showed me the power of carbs on our food triggers. I know, even in maintenance, that I think a gluten free lifestyle will be in my future. Before IP I was using a lot of almond or coconut flours to make things and it was a bit of a challenge to not have wheat, but very do-able.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #40  

You're right! All I know is that I will not be going out to eat for quite a while. And even though I was STARVING (lol) I stayed 100% OP. It's funny but I don't want to go back to my old way of eating. I don't want to feel bloated and sick after I eat. I used to love love love pizza and now I can't imagine eating it again. I'm in this for life. With the help of you all!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
You're right! All I know is that I will not be going out to eat for quite a while. And even though I was STARVING (lol) I stayed 100% OP. It's funny but I don't want to go back to my old way of eating. I don't want to feel bloated and sick after I eat. I used to love love love pizza and now I can't imagine eating it again. I'm in this for life. With the help of you all!!!!!!
When you get to maintenance try to remember your favorite thing about pizza and use it to make a similar but smarter meal so you can have those flavours without necessarily having to save it for Funday. For instance if you are a topping sort of gal, do up layers of roasted pizza type veggies and top with full fat Mozzarella & melt in the oven then drizzle with a rich tomato sauce with pizza spices in it. To make it work, go easy on the tomato sauce making sure it is no added sugar for your fat meal. Or use real pizza for breakfast where we are supposed to have a mix of fats carbs & proteins. Still works, either way.

Liana
Old 07-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Well good news all -- my house has sold
Congrats!! That was fast. I guess the housing market has picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I just got back from vacation and I am proud to say I stayed 100% OP!!!
That's fantastic. I was happy when I came back the same weight. Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
I haven't been here in so long - with the new job and wedding planning, holidays and weird schedules I was off plan for about a month. The good news is, I'm only up about 3-5lbs from when I stopped 100% IP. That's also the bad news since I was only half way to goal weight.

It's only 40 days until my wedding (August 16) and though I know I will not meet my weight goal of 135 by then, my goal is to stay 100% OP and log in to the boards every day to keep me accountable. No more excuses!
Welcome back. I wondered where you went! You can do this!

I had a pretty good weekend...except after a 6 month absence, TOM showed up. WTH?? Now I have to start the 1 year count all over again. Up 2.3 lbs this morning. In the past, I would have FREAKED OUT. But now I know better. This will pass. Sigh.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Back on the wagon

Hi all,

I am coming back to IP after a hiatus of about 5 months or so. I had lost about half the weight I set out to lose in about 6 months of IP last year and then hit a plateau for several months which was very frustrating. I decided to take a bit of a break and move into maintenance. Unfortunately I was not able to maintain completely and gained about 10 pounds back. I am restarting IP (with alternatives) this week with the goal of losing the 10 pounds I've regained and then working on the rest of the weight I'd like to lose to get to my goal. I'll be taking it 10 pounds at a time until I get there!

I found these boards super helpful the first time around and was always grateful for the support and words of wisdom from all of you. I hope to check in regularly now that I am restarting to benefit from that support and motivation again and hopefully help others out with my own (albeit limited) experience with IP!

Cheers!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #44  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Doing some math and calendar counting today to try to figure out how much longer I'll be on P1. My ticker says 175 is my goal, but I think realistically I'll be going down to 160. I'd really like to phase off at the beginning of October. Not sure why, but I'm just really anxious for fall and I've had that in mind as my phase off time for a while. It's my favorite time of year and usually a busy one, and I'd like to have a few weeks of maintaining under my belt before the holidays hit. I keep telling myself that if I'm not exactly where I want to be I can always revisit P1 in January.

So that's 13 WIs if I start P2 on September 30. My average loss each week has been 2.8 over the whole of IP, but my losses have slowed to between 1.5-2 pounds per week in the last month or so. If I can keep up a 2 pound average loss per week I'd be right around my ultimate goal weight I think, plus maybe some continued loss in P2. Sound realistic? I'm trying not to get overly anxious, but I keep lurking the maintainers threads and I want to get there so badly!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
When you get to maintenance try to remember your favorite thing about pizza and use it to make a similar but smarter meal so you can have those flavours without necessarily having to save it for Funday. For instance if you are a topping sort of gal, do up layers of roasted pizza type veggies and top with full fat Mozzarella & melt in the oven then drizzle with a rich tomato sauce with pizza spices in it. To make it work, go easy on the tomato sauce making sure it is no added sugar for your fat meal. Or use real pizza for breakfast where we are supposed to have a mix of fats carbs & proteins. Still works, either way.

Liana
Hmmm I do like pizza for breakfast!! Good advice!
Closed Thread