Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #31  

Default July 4

I just started on the IP plan on June 30 and lost 8 lbs my first week. Happy Happy. However July 4th was tough. I love to drink beer with my friends and it was difficult to be around everyone sucking them down....so I decided to drink a glass of wine...then 2...then 3. dang it!! then I went inside to get another and saw the chips and the dips and the tortellini salad....EEK. Nibbled and licked but didnt' want anyone to see me cuz everyone mentioned how "strong" i was to not partake. I did not have a good plan before I got there. I brought broccoli, cauliflower and celery...but next to all the "good stuff"...it looked unappealing to me. I need to have a good plan next time...I do not want to cheat. After that one day...I am back at it...I feel absolutely wonderful after one week. I do not have to take my acid reflux pill anymore...and only on the plan for one week!! I can and will get to my goal....and I will do it one day at a time. :sunny
Old 07-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

I forgot to say happy July 4th to my American IPers.
Thanks Ladies for the support around the holiday weight and yes I recall it being 3500 cal for a pound. I'm happy to report that half has come off already and I hope to have to last half off by weigh in Friday. It has been a relief coming home and no longer surrounded by all the food and temptations.
Hope everyone is having a great long weekend
Old 07-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #33  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Special Scale at The IP Clinics: I noticed that every week I am losing muscle and so far no fat according to the special scale. My coach tells me not to worry about those numbers that eventually it all works out. Female age 54 been on the diet 2 months now and lost 20 pounds. Any input is appreciated. I also have noticed that I am not losing inches. Just a couple. I am just really thrilled for the loss so far.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #34  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Good morning all!!! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I'm drinking my coffee and eating my IP bar before I begin my Saturday cleaning. I've been thinking about last night, I didn't realize how pushy friends can be when eating out. I was quite uncomfortable. I try to keep my business to myself, I don't like to bring attention to myself, and the entire night seemed to be focused on my eating, or rather lack of eating. Everyone was drinking so they kept asking me why I wasn't- before I could speak someone else would say, "she's on some diet and can't", then it was come on you can have a night off, or come on one chip won't hurt you, so on and so on the entire night it went. Thankfully my DH took up for me, he's been so wonderful I am very proud of him, I cannot believe the support he is giving me. Last night was an eye opener. And of course I was wanting a drink before we even got to the restaurant. I see how easy it can be for a person to fall off the plan. I said to my DH, "don't worry I won't give in, if I do I may not be able to get back on!! And besides that if I eat whatever I want tonight I will gain the weight back that I lost last week, if not more! And that's a waste of $90 and my hard work. It's just not worth it!!" And today I was able to wake up feeling wonderful that I stayed OP!!!!

Ladies, we got this!!!!!!!
It really is amazing how people are about people dieting. I look around my people and although there is an equal balance of healthy and not so healthy they both can really start in on me. I get the same things, oh come on one night's not going to hurt, and a so on. I also get a lot of what I believe is unintentionally negativity about dieting and diets in general. It's the way people say "ya she's on some diet" like everyone didn't realize I was fat and that I needed to lose weight. As I get closer to goal people seem even more pushy. "look how much you lost already, you deserve a break, yada yada..
its not like my friends and family haven't been supportive for the most part I just really think there is a negative idea in general in our culture about dieting. Do I wish I could be like my friends who can eat whatever they want and maintain a healthy weight? Sure I do, but I'm not so I have to do it my way. The best has to be when I turn down cake or other treats, you'd think I was stabbing a baby when I pass on cake!
Old 07-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #35  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well it's been an interesting weekend and a fun weekend. Day at the lake, night of fireworks and mud bogs, worked last night and we had the UFC fights on, then floated the river today. Been 95% op... I ended up at a BBQ where my options were sausages or bbq chicken with the sauce already on... I figured the sausages were the lesser of two evils so I ate a sausage with mustard, but I missed most veggies and I wasn't sure if when I got home at 1am if I should eat any veggies. I do think the schedule change is having a "stall" effect because I've had to alter the times I eat, I don't even have breakfast until almost 11. But I start with day shifts next week so hopefully when I readjust to a regular routine my body will remember to do what I'm telling it to do lol cause I'm the boss here darn it!!!! Anyway I'm holding stead at 194 and I'm ok with that for now. Of course I'd love to be losing but having not been 100% and having to adjust when I eat play into that so sticking where I am is fine.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
The best has to be when I turn down cake or other treats, you'd think I was stabbing a baby when I pass on cake!

I know exactly what you mean! We have had a ton of kids bday parties. The host get so offended if you don't eat the cake THAT THEY BOUGHT AT THE STORE!! Give me a break! If you spend hours slaving away making a cake just for me, then you can be offended. (But if you know me well enough to do that, you know I'm on IP and you're just being a b&$@ch)
Old 07-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Oh, goodness, it is with GREAT hesitation that I post again...

I fell off the wagon in a big way (since the last week of May) and feel awful physically as well as emotionally. I weighed today and saw that I had regained 15 pounds of the almost 50 that I had lost. I remember feeling scared as I approached the 50-pound loss mark because I had never lost that much. I've gotten close... but that's always when I stop losing and start regaining.

Self-sabotage??

I have avoided these boards, but I started reading again tonight. Somehow, it makes me feel stronger. I remember how strong and determined I was feeling (when I was 100%) as well as how great it felt to FEEL smaller. Reading the comments on these boards brings that back to me and reminds me that I do have the ability to be successful.

I have mostly healthy food in the house right now and will do some cleaning out tomorrow. I am starting over tomorrow morning. Jumping back in...

Last edited by Yayalaine; 07-06-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Yaya - good for you jumping back in! I'm hitting my usual self-sabotage weight now too. Now that we know it's there, we can fight against it harder! Repeat after me:
I CAN do this.
I DESERVE to be happy and healthy.
I am the only thing standing in my way and I'm getting out the way, RIGHT NOW.

Now, let's go kick some fat cells' butts!
Old 07-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5'5

Default Starting IP all over!

After a 3 year hiatus from IP, Im back! I wish i could say it was just for a reboot but I failed maintenance and gained all my weight back plus some .

I am excited to re start and loose the weight so that I can feel better again! Honestly I loved how i felt on the diet and i can't wait to start feeling that again! Im ending my first week back at it and I was so proud not to even be tempted to cheat during the 3 day holiday weekend. Excited to see my weight loss tomorrow at WI!!!

Can i ask a favor? what are your favorite IP foods. So many have changed since 2011! Since i am getting new foods tomorrow i thought I would ask for a little help! I love the chocolate and vanilla drinks! and I used to love the peanut butter soy puffs but they are no longer around. This week I opted for non restricted items only to vamp up my weight loss. So what do you all recommend?

Also, Ive felt great this week, no cravings or even feeling hungry but I have had a headache every day. I have been drinking well above my 64 oz of water… more like 100+ each day. I remember way back when someone told me to lick some salt to see if that cleared it up… no go. on day 6 of the diet so I'm confused… Any help is appreciated! tylenol and motrin won't touch it!!

Thanks! and I am glad to be back!!
Old 07-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
Yaya - good for you jumping back in! I'm hitting my usual self-sabotage weight now too. Now that we know it's there, we can fight against it harder! Repeat after me:
I CAN do this.

I love that!!! kicks some fat cell butt!! if only it wasn't a carrot dancing… because we can't have carrots!! lol sending hugs. you can do this.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
I CAN do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDunbar View Post
I love that!!! kicks some fat cell butt!! if only it wasn't a carrot dancing… because we can't have carrots!! lol sending hugs. you can do this.
Thanks for the encouragement! I love the mental image of kicking some fat cells' butts! Hahaha! So, here is some On-Plan dancing:
Old 07-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #42  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
After a 3 year hiatus from IP, Im back! I wish i could say it was just for a reboot but I failed maintenance and gained all my weight back plus some .

I am excited to re start and loose the weight so that I can feel better again! Honestly I loved how i felt on the diet and i can't wait to start feeling that again! Im ending my first week back at it and I was so proud not to even be tempted to cheat during the 3 day holiday weekend. Excited to see my weight loss tomorrow at WI!!!

Can i ask a favor? what are your favorite IP foods. So many have changed since 2011! Since i am getting new foods tomorrow i thought I would ask for a little help! I love the chocolate and vanilla drinks! and I used to love the peanut butter soy puffs but they are no longer around. This week I opted for non restricted items only to vamp up my weight loss. So what do you all recommend?

Also, Ive felt great this week, no cravings or even feeling hungry but I have had a headache every day. I have been drinking well above my 64 oz of water… more like 100+ each day. I remember way back when someone told me to lick some salt to see if that cleared it up… no go. on day 6 of the diet so I'm confused… Any help is appreciated! tylenol and motrin won't touch it!!

Thanks! and I am glad to be back!!
Welcome back! the chocolate soy puffs are surprisingly good. My go to's are lemon wafers and BBQ or s&v crisps. Those and the vanilla drink are all I need. Although I don't think that is teaching me the healthiest eating. A bag of chips every day and sweet every night. I didn't even do that at my worst weight! The crisps are unrestricted too.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #43  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
.....And then when she saw what I ordered (roast beef with steamed broccoli and a spinach side salad with no dressing) she said that I was eating "weird" and it made her sick. ...I don't understand how a friend would not be supportive or try to sabotage a person for trying to lose unhealthy habits.I would never do that.
It's all a matter of what we get used to. I read your meal and thought "Yummmm I should make that soon" LOL Just keep doing what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post

I fell off the wagon in a big way (since the last week of May) and feel awful physically as well as emotionally.... I have avoided these boards, but I started reading again tonight. Somehow, it makes me feel stronger.
WB -- The end of May was not that long ago so jump back on the wagon - we're all still here and there is plenty of room. Think of your experience as a learning curve -- and one for all newbies to hear. You can NOT just stop the plan and go back to your old habits or the weight WILL all come back. This has to be a decision first: to get the weight off and then second: to have a plan to keep it off.

Just keep remembering how good you felt OP and know we're all here to chat to anytime

Quote:
After a 3 year hiatus from IP, Im back! I wish i could say it was just for a reboot but I failed maintenance and gained all my weight back plus some ....

Can i ask a favor? what are your favorite IP foods. So many have changed since 2011! Since i am getting new foods tomorrow i thought I would ask for a little help! ...Thanks! and I am glad to be back!!
Same comments as above, with an equally big WELCOME BACK. As for the food, I love the new chips as they are not restricted. You can also crush them and use them as a bread crumb if you feel you need something like that. My coach said the Herb Chips on Zuchinni was delish so I'm gonna try that one night
Old 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #44  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Default YaYa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post

I fell off the wagon in a big way (since the last week of May) and feel awful physically as well as emotionally. I weighed today and saw that I had regained 15 pounds of the almost 50 that I had lost. I remember feeling scared as I approached the 50-pound loss mark because I had never lost that much. I've gotten close... but that's always when I stop losing and start regaining.

Self-sabotage??

I have avoided these boards, but I started reading again tonight. Somehow, it makes me feel stronger. I remember how strong and determined I was feeling (when I was 100%) as well as how great it felt to FEEL smaller. Reading the comments on these boards brings that back to me and reminds me that I do have the ability to be successful.

I have mostly healthy food in the house right now and will do some cleaning out tomorrow. I am starting over tomorrow morning. Jumping back in...
You can do it! I lost around 25 pounds and then feel off the program and regained all of it and 5 extra pounds. I restarted last week and I'm already down 8.5 now. You just have to remember to stick with it. Remember the first week is always the hardest but you can do it and it gets easier after that. I'm voting for you! I'm in your corner if you need me!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhillips View Post
You can do it! I lost around 25 pounds and then feel off the program and regained all of it and 5 extra pounds. I restarted last week and I'm already down 8.5 now. You just have to remember to stick with it. Remember the first week is always the hardest but you can do it and it gets easier after that. I'm voting for you! I'm in your corner if you need me!!!

Thanks!! Yes, I remember how hard that first week was (actually two weeks for me). I am off work this week, so the headaches won't hinder productivity there. And, I plan to use this time to try some new IP recipes and do some meal planning.
Closed Thread