Old 06-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #1  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Camping on IP

I just returned from a 6-day camping trip to the Ozarks. Just wanted to let everyone know that it was a breeze to stay on P1 and eat yummy, delicious meals!

I packed Proto-Thin chocolate RTDs and IP mango RTDs in my bags and kept some in the cooler, along with lots of spring water.

Breakfast: Usually a mango RTD, outside my tent, taking in the lovely morning air!

Lunch: Bought some local, fresh veggies at a farm stand, so I had fresh local lettuce, red and green peppers, radishes, cukes, etc. + leftover grilled veggies. On days that I was traveling or sight-seeing, I ate veggie chopped salads at Subways. Had a chocolate RTD with this.

Snack: Usually a Quest chocolate brownie bar in the afternoon.

Dinner: Here's the yummiest meal of all! I cooked over the open charcoals my meat (chicken, hamburger, or even turkey sausage!) and vegetables in an open basket, drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Veggies rotated and included mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini, red and green peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower.

On days when I did extensive hiking or exercise, I had an additional drink or some white cheddar crisps or munched on celery or cucumbers or pickles.

All in all, I had a wonderful time. For those of you who enjoying camping in a tent - or traveling anywhere, this is completely doable. AND - when I returned home there was even a loss!

I'm finishing a reboot and phasing off, after losing the 12 pounds that I found. It's been a year since I've reached goal and I'm one happy camper!

Just wanted to share, and see if others have "camping with IP" success stories of their own.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #2  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

oh thank you so much for the positive input.... We are soon going to buy a used Motorhome to be able to take the boys camping on weekends and I was sort of scared about he whole camping idea......... U really make it sound doable and FUN
Thank so much for the ideas and suggestions
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Haven't done camping with IP, because my weight loss was over the winter, but we did do a ski condo vacation in December and it was very easy to stay on plan especially when you have a kitchen to do your own meals (or in your case campfire/camp stove). Good for you - I lost weight over my vacation too.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I spend the summer off grid so no microwave, etc. We do have a propane stove but make most things on BBQ or fire. I love the fact that the packs travel so well and you just add water later -- my food was the easiest to pack

My boys made me a birthday cake: IP chocolate pancake mix or shake in a tinfoil pan buried into coals. It wasn't pretty but it was yummy! I also mentioned elsewhere that I stuff mushrooms with the IP chicken patty stuff -- that's easy in tinfoil or on BBQ as well.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Bumped for Berta54758
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote