Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #31  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Hi everyone!
Had my weigh-in today since tomorrow is a holiday. I am very proud to say that I hit my first 50 pounds lost today! Down 52.8 total. There is still a long way to go but when I started on April 12th, I would never have imagined being this successful in this amount of time (or at all). I owe a lot to the wonderful posters here on the IP boards. I am inspired and motivated by all of the stories that are shared along the way. I look up to so many of you and just want to say thank you!
Congratulations!!!! That's super awesome!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good Morning IPers!

Here is my issue I am struggling with right now: I keep trying to rid my closet of too-big clothes. Some things were easy to throw away, but now I am having a heck of a time getting rid of most of what is left that is too big but not completely falling off.

Pretty sure this is a mental block....I have been 'making do' with my clothes for practically 5 years. I've hardly ever bought anything I liked (or that I felt looked good), so it's not that these are clothes I love. I think one of my struggles is that I'm a thrifty girl, so I haven't wrapped my brain around that fact that I am going to need a whole new wardrobe.

I have purchased some thrift store clothes to get me through, but they are all too big now also. I really would like to get to goal weight with what I have and then have fun shopping!

Soooo....do I just give up trying to purge my closet until I get to goal? Ack...I'm a perfectionist (which means I often put things off, waiting for the 'perfect scenario'), and it's rendering me useless!!!!

Need some concrete suggestions!!!
Here is my two cents after nearly a year of IP and over a hundred pounds:

GET RID OF THEM, NOW!

Here is why I do it when any of them become the littlest bit loose:

1. It is much harder to be allow temptation to take hold when you know you have no bigger clothes to "hang out" in for a while.

2. Psychologically, you need to be proud of your new body and wear clothes that are flattering and remind you every time you look at yourself how well you have done.

3. I have discovered as I lost weight that I do not look good in the same styles as before and that I enjoy venturing out and trying new styles that are more appropriate to where my mind and body are at the moment. Losing weight gives you a chance to learn a new mental body image of yourself.

4. Getting rid of old ones gives you more space to organize the smaller sizes you get in return! I buy great styles whenever I find them in the next two sizes down so that I always have something in my closet to wear as my body changes without the pressure of shopping right away.

5. I get positive reinforcement from trying on things in the closet, knowing that in 5 pounds or so I will be able to wear the slightly too small pants or whatever.

You can always do a big serious clothes buying spree when you reach goal but I think it is very important to purge yourself of your old clothes, thinking and life! You have a new and exciting life....

Last edited by schenectady; 07-03-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 181/159 RESTART: 170/167/130

Height: 5'5

That sounds delicious!!! I may try it this weekend with the ground beef! Thank you!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Hi everyone!
Had my weigh-in today since tomorrow is a holiday. I am very proud to say that I hit my first 50 pounds lost today! Down 52.8 total. There is still a long way to go but when I started on April 12th, I would never have imagined being this successful in this amount of time (or at all). I owe a lot to the wonderful posters here on the IP boards. I am inspired and motivated by all of the stories that are shared along the way. I look up to so many of you and just want to say thank you!
What a great day for you! To lose that much and realize that YOU CAN DO IT is very powerful. Sometimes when there is so much to lose, it is easy to look at the whole amount and think that it is impossible for a regular human being.

Fifty pounds shows how every little step makes a big difference. Hang in there and keep going!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #35  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Quote:
Hi everyone!
Awesome job! I know exactly where you are, and where you've been! It is a long road, but so worth it! keep up the amazing job!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:29 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hi everyone!
Congrats!!!! That's quite an accomplishment.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,
For the last 2 weeks, I have lost no weight (although I did lose 4 inches). I had not had any restricted foods and only ate fish, chicken or pork (not a big fan of red meat). After reading a post that sometimes adding a restricted and beef helps, I added a restricted item daily and had beef 3 days and WOOSH I got rid of 5 lbs this week!!
So awesome... I am so proud of myself for staying OP for 11 weeks. Thanks to everyone for the support, encouragement & tough love that is shared on this forum!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #38  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Good morning! That's great advice. I also have trouble eating the 8 oz and veggies together. Great idea to split them. I am on day 6 today and I'm a little disappointed as I got in the scale at home. Doesn't even seem like the needle has budged a bit! WI is tomorrow and I was hoping and expecting a surprise but not anymore
I might try doing this too. I feel so uncomfortably full after dinner.

Bull, did you weigh yourself on that scale before you started? I know my scale is 4 pounds off of my coaches scale. Also time of day matters for me so if I weigh myself at home I try to do it around the same time as my appointment. I weighed myself last night and I was at the same weight as the day I weighed in, then I tried it again this morning and was 5 pounds lighter. Hang in there, stay OP, and keep your eye on the prize! I hope you are pleasantly surprised tomorrow!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #39  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Hello everyone! Feels like forever since I have posted. Glad to still see some familiar faces
around here, as well as some new ones! I am having a hard time getting back on phase one after my plateau induced phase off in march. I do good for a few weeks then I get a case of the nibbles. July 11 marks the one year date for IP for me and I was hoping to be done by now so I think that frustration is causin me to loss focus. But I restarted (again!) and am feeling as though I have my motivation back to get the rest of this weight off. I am also going to start a "learn to run" clinic in the next few weeks, once my body readjusts to phase 1 again. hope everyone is having a great week!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 07-03-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #40  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good Morning IPers!

Soooo....do I just give up trying to purge my closet until I get to goal? Ack...I'm a perfectionist (which means I often put things off, waiting for the 'perfect scenario'), and it's rendering me useless!!!!

Need some concrete suggestions!!!
Two ideas: Have a "closet party" if you have friends in a similar size that you are getting rid of and let them take (or buy) your stuff. My friend did that and I loved getting new to me stuff and by the end of the night, at $2 a shirt etc. she had $100 to buy a new outfit and we had a great night of "playing dressup" and chatting.

Second: Do a "what not to wear" purge - maybe ask someone to help you pick a few items to keep -- ask them what they like on you, or what colours look nice etc. If in doubt, chuck it out! If you have a smaller selection of "mix and match", I agree with the earlier suggestion, that you'll see what you need.

Finally, just think "now" and "next". By winter you'll need new stuff. So if it's a sweater or heavy jacket slightly big now, it will be huge by winter. Get rid of it.

Quote:
Hi everyone!
Had my weigh-in today since tomorrow is a holiday. I am very proud to say that I hit my first 50 pounds lost today! Down 52.8 total. There is still a long way to go but when I started on April 12th, I would never have imagined being this successful in this amount of time (or at all).
I am in AWE!~ It goes to show how perseverance pays off!
Old 07-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #41  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank you SOOooo much for the wonderful and practical advice Diane and Schenectady and Liana! I wish I knew someone who could easily inherit my clothes...but many are petites, and I can't think of a friend with my short legs, lol!!!!

I'm really surprised how much every two pounds means in clothes as I near goal...which is why I hate to get too much that fit perfectly now. But I should easily be able to purge winter/fall things as I refuse to be my starting size then! I really just need to try each one on. It's hard to get used to the idea of featuring my body again instead of hiding it!!!

Not to complain...I just can't get my head in sync with the rest of me!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #42  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Put a couple of recent learnings to work today. First, I got home very, very late last night (late flight) and was starving. I decided to have another packet, and I know it was the right thing to do. I felt much much better. So, lesson one - trust yourself. Next, I had little fresh food in the house to eat after this vacation, and I knew my daughter would not want to go to the grocery store after such travel. So I took out the frozen veggies and stayed OP!

I feel good being prepared and staying focused!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #43  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Default Congrats!

Quote:
Hi everyone!
50lbs since April? THAT is amazing!!!

Last edited by Literari; 07-03-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #44  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Put a couple of recent learnings to work today. First, I got home very, very late last night (late flight) and was starving. I decided to have another packet, and I know it was the right thing to do. I felt much much better. So, lesson one - trust yourself. Next, I had little fresh food in the house to eat after this vacation, and I knew my daughter would not want to go to the grocery store after such travel. So I took out the frozen veggies and stayed OP!

I feel good being prepared and staying focused!
Excellent choices!! Those are the times when we make excuses to justify not staying OP. You have proved that it can be done and next time it will be even easier!! You deserve a dancing carrot thingie (now that I've learned to add them!).
Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #45  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Need some advise here. So I am on phase 1 , day 6 today. I joined the gym today and now I am thinking if that was a good idea or bad! I have NEVER exercised before in a gym and I have fibromyalgia , and rheumatoid arthritis which makes exercising extremely hard. Any words of advise ? Did I make the right decision? Working out in phase 1 .....
Closed Thread