Old 07-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #1  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Default Losing Steam, Not Weight

I've been on IP since May 1 2014 and I was doing great to lose some of my weight before my friend's wedding that I was in at the end of June. I didn't lose as much as I wanted, and the wedding has come and gone, and now I have found myself losing motivation more than the weight.
I have plenty of a variety of products and have found my favorites and easy-for-me solutions, but I still can't seem to stick with it. Whether it's some pretzels in between meals (the honey mustard ones loaded with junk.....) or candy that is just in sight (I really try to keep junk food away but DH has a few things I've compromised on keeping in our pantry).
How do you keep your eye on the prize when your prize is so intangible? I am losing motivation but not the weight....
TIA! This forum has been so helpful!
lizajuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #2  
maintaining since 9/2013

Here are a few things that helped me: Take a deep breath & acknowledge the hard work you've been doing to date. Dieting isn't easy!

List either mentally or in writing the reasons you want to lose weight. It's also a good time to check in & ask yourself how you feel about IP. Would a different plan work better? If IP is the plan you like, I'd suggest reading Beck Diet Solution to help get your head back in the game. I got it at the library. You can apply their method to any diet.

Keep DH's tempting treats out of sight. Try putting them in a big tupperware container in the pantry.

Don't give up! If you absolutely feel the need to snack, try to avoid carby junk foods that makes you want more. But keep on trying. We've all been where you are at some point. Keep your eye on your goal, whatever you decide that goal to be.

Sending you good wishes!

Last edited by mars735; 07-02-2014 at 08:57 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #3  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizajuse View Post
I've been on IP since May 1 2014 and I was doing great to lose some of my weight before my friend's wedding that I was in at the end of June. I didn't lose as much as I wanted, and the wedding has come and gone, and now I have found myself losing motivation more than the weight.
I have plenty of a variety of products and have found my favorites and easy-for-me solutions, but I still can't seem to stick with it. Whether it's some pretzels in between meals (the honey mustard ones loaded with junk.....) or candy that is just in sight (I really try to keep junk food away but DH has a few things I've compromised on keeping in our pantry).
How do you keep your eye on the prize when your prize is so intangible? I am losing motivation but not the weight....
TIA! This forum has been so helpful!
Hello Liza your post sounds like you are willing to move forward. It is great you are seeking support. Wish I had some magic words to lure you back in. Look at the quote at the end of your post. You do have to make a change to see a change. Are you listening to the daily videos from IP. I just told my coach today that I truly rely on them. Take out your IP material and reread all of it to make sure you are understanding why you cannot eat things like pretzels.....and not even one. One is never enough we always end up taking more. This is all or nothing....it can be painful but not as painful as being overweight and sick.

Start fresh right now this minute. Follow the program to a T and things will happen for you. Many people here don't succeed and many make it. You deserve to be in the group that makes it....we all do. Go shopping for some fresh veggies and get yourself ready. I heard determination in your cry for help. Something tells me you will be just fine.

I will say a prayer for you and hope you know you are worth it.

Joanne
jo4applerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

I'm having the same problem. My son was in the hospital for a couple of days and before that I was spending a lot of time in clinics for myself, kids and cat being sick so I was living on protein bars. Then when we were in hospital there weren't many choices so I gave up for that couple of days. Today I did pretty good with only a couple of minor cheats but I tell you it's a struggle. My mind is at war with me. Part of me wants to keep going and enjoy the weight I'm losing and the other says hey it's summer let's resume in September.

I am reading the responses hear and they are encouraging!
Sheena1966 is offline   Reply With Quote