3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Any July starters out there?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
randygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 145

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Any July starters out there?

The husband and I are starting July 11 and wanted to know if we will have any IP friends starting in July as well. This is a restart for me after having a baby, but this will be hubby's first time. I love this diet and had great success before he knocked me up. Good luck to all you out there and wishing everyone great success.
__________________


WI#1:10lbs 2.25ins
WI#2: 0.6lb 2.0ins
WI#3: 0lb 0.25in
WI#4: 2.4lbs 0.0ins
randygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
Member
 
takers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pasco, WA
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 186.8/155.6/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Default

I'm a July re-starter! I went on IP about two years ago to lose baby weight and was successful! Then we found out I had some medical issues to deal with and slowly the stress got to me and I gave myself the excuse of eating my stress so here I am again. :-)
__________________


W1: -5.8 W2: -4 W3: -2.4 W4: -1.8 W5: -2.8 W6:-2.8 W7:-1.6 W8:-1.6 W9:-4.4 W10:-2.4 W11:-1.6
takers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 134

Default

I'm a July rebooter doing a 90% IP on alternatives. I lost probably 30 or so lbs (didn't own a scale at the beginning) two years ago and have gained back about 15.
I've failed two attempted reboots but this time there's money on the line (I have a bet with family)
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,424

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh73 View Post
I'm a July rebooter doing a 90% IP on alternatives. I lost probably 30 or so lbs (didn't own a scale at the beginning) two years ago and have gained back about 15.
I've failed two attempted reboots but this time there's money on the line (I have a bet with family)
What is 90% IP, do you mean using IP products 90% of the time and alternatives the other 10% or just doing it right only 90% of the time? Just wondering...
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 6

Default Restarting

I'm a July re starter as well. I was very successful in 2012 losing 80lbs. I just had a baby and durning that pregnancy I gain 70lbs back.. So time to do this all over again and get this weight off!! I love this program!
Mapc331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 134

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
What is 90% IP, do you mean using IP products 90% of the time and alternatives the other 10% or just doing it right only 90% of the time? Just wondering...
Doing it right 90%.
I'm allowing myself some cheese, light mayo, occasional low carb bread, some bacon, and sometimes cocktails (vodka/water or wine)
Kind of low carb, take in more veggies, track my food, etc.

I'm going to get my thyroid tested soon as well, so I'm trying to eat more real food (not shakes and packets) for now.

Last edited by Ugh73 : 07-04-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,424

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh73 View Post
Doing it right 90%.
I'm allowing myself some cheese, light mayo, occasional low carb bread, some bacon, and sometimes cocktails (vodka/water or wine)
Kind of low carb, take in more veggies, track my food, etc.

I'm going to get my thyroid tested soon as well, so I'm trying to eat more real food (not shakes and packets) for now.
Devil's advocate here but if you've already had two failed reboots perhaps you should try going all out 100%. Sometimes a little cheat we choose to allow regularly will lead to plain old fashioned eating the way we did when we gained weight? 90% becomes 80%, becomes 50%, becomes 25%, and then we're back up again. Not trying to be judgmental just putting a different view out there.

Liana
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 134

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Devil's advocate here but if you've already had two failed reboots perhaps you should try going all out 100%. Sometimes a little cheat we choose to allow regularly will lead to plain old fashioned eating the way we did when we gained weight? 90% becomes 80%, becomes 50%, becomes 25%, and then we're back up again. Not trying to be judgmental just putting a different view out there.

Liana
I get it. I've done it before thanks.

Right now, I'm more concerned about my health and thyroid than losing this 10 pounds so I'll stick with what I'm doing now until things improve medically.
Ugh73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
BlueBell101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 24

S/C/G: 236/220/155

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up July Starter here-

Excited to be on Phase 1 on day 2! This is the first time I have joined here. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.
BlueBell101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #10
Rebooter
 
AeRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 20

S/C/G: 155/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Default

I'm a restarter, and a long-time lurker but this is my first post.

I lost 40 lbs from March-June of 2013, then started a new job and gained 15 of it back. Actually, I think I had lost TOO much last year, so I am okay with a little gain. However, now none of the "skinny" clothes I'd bought fit. With money being super tight, and the fact that I have extra IP products from friends - well, time to put my will power to the test.

I am just finishing my first week (restarted June 30) and of course my period started so my initial measurements probably had PMS water weight. I am really struggling with the lack of options this go around, whereas last time, I LOVED a pretty routine, monotonous daily diet.

So here we go!!
__________________


AeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 44

S/C/G: 180/174/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

I am starting a reboot tomorrow. I've been successful with this before, lost 30 lbs 2011. I have been up and down 10lbs but 20lb has now taken over and I do not like it. I am going to try all alts this time.
toothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
BlueBell101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 24

S/C/G: 236/220/155

Height: 5'6

Smile

I weigh in tomorrow. Monday will be my usual day even though I just started Friday I am ready to jump on the scale. I found some jar pickle slices that are made w/sea salt. Been having headaches, could be withdrawls from diet sodas I use to drink daily. Been enjoying the pancake recipie from IP Cereal. QUESTION: how do you post a Ticker Tracker of the weight loss on here? Thanks Peeps.
BlueBell101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1

Default

so glad to find you! i'm starting tomorrow (again) as well. lost 60 on ip two years ago but have gained half back. then started two weeks ago - lost 5.2 and then fell off. hoping with you all here, i'll be able to make it this time. thanks for being there!
jomarch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1

Default

Hi I'm a newbie too. First time trying this and I'm on my third day! I had a massive headache and I had to drink salt water. So far so good but I do feel alone . I would love to join your group!.
Yougogirl2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #15
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,906

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

There is no need to feel alone on this forum. There are lots of us going through the same things and always willing to chat. I will give advice however, to post your questions and be sure to check in at the "Daily Chat". You'll get lots of help from people who have been doing this awhile.
__________________
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2