Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 12/30/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Eating healthy must boost our immune system. I have been exposed to the flu 100xs over and am still fine! Not that I want to be sick, but I wouldn't have been sad if I would have had to miss work this week! lol I know that's terrible to say!! I'm off the next two days anyway.

My daughter's due date came and went, still no baby. She is at the doctor's office right now, she just text me and said that she is dilated 4cm (but has been for 2 weeks) and they scheduled her to be induced Friday morning, if she makes it til then.

My dad has his PET scan today, but won't know the results until Jan. 9. So far all we know is that he has non small cell lung cancer. Don't know what stage or grade. The good news is, it's not related to the bladder cancer that he had in September. And he is very upbeat and optimistic. I wish I was.

So with all that I have going on, I would say that I am doing pretty good staying OP!!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #3  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Morning All.

Losing weight during Christmas week is something new for me, but I feel accomplished today!

Going to be another cold week for much of the country, so be prepared and carry an extra packet and water just in case you get stuck somewhere. Stay safe and warm, IPeeps!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

Losing weight during Christmas week is something new for me, but I feel accomplished today!
Me too! This morning, my coach said "how did you lose 8 pounds over Christmas?!" (I didn't have an appointment last week so she was seeing 2 weeks of change.) I said I stuck to the plan - with a little pie on Christmas day, that was it.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:04 AM   #5  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Kellyc, how exciting about your daughter, hopefully she goes into labour before Friday! I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for your dad.

I'm so glad to hear about everyone losses over Christmas!! Unfortunately I cheated on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I watched my portions and tried to make sure I didn't go absolutely crazy or anything but I definitely had some bad stuff. Boxing Day I went snowboarding so I stayed off plan to ensure that I had the energy to power through a 6 hour day on the hill, even with that I was tired and freezing cold, one of my worst days on the hill. I couldn't imagine what I would have felt like on IP. I was right back on Dec 27th though 100%. I hate having to deal with the cravings again, since they came back but that's what I get for cheating. I felt so terrible (physically) by the end of the day on Christmas that I definitely don't want to cheat going forward. Plus my Bermuda trip is happening in May and I want to be phased off by then so there's that motivation!

On a happy note my brother came into town a few days ago. I haven't mentioned to anyone except the people who I see regularly that I'm on a diet. When he saw me he said I looked like I lost a lot of weight and looked great and healthy. I did a little happy dance inside.

Also, I was going to ask...has anyone found that they've become antisocial on IP? I see my closest friends but I honestly don't want to be around many other people, it's terrible! While I have always been the type of person who enjoys alone time I'm usually pretty social too...it's weird.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Eating healthy must boost our immune system. I have been exposed to the flu 100xs over and am still fine! Not that I want to be sick, but I wouldn't have been sad if I would have had to miss work this week! lol I know that's terrible to say!! I'm off the next two days anyway.

My daughter's due date came and went, still no baby. She is at the doctor's office right now, she just text me and said that she is dilated 4cm (but has been for 2 weeks) and they scheduled her to be induced Friday morning, if she makes it til then.

My dad has his PET scan today, but won't know the results until Jan. 9. So far all we know is that he has non small cell lung cancer. Don't know what stage or grade. The good news is, it's not related to the bladder cancer that he had in September. And he is very upbeat and optimistic. I wish I was.

So with all that I have going on, I would say that I am doing pretty good staying OP!!
I've posted on the IP thread, and have gotten no replies. Can you tell me if you think it's the best plan, or is there a better one out there?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

OreoBoreo - we might be a bit biased on this thread since we're all on IP but I think it's a good program. It may not be the program for everyone but if you can handle it you will lose weight on it. This is my story. I lost 15 lbs on the atkins diet and I was just feeling like garbage so I went off the program and thought I would lose weight through diet and exercise. I exercised 6 days a week, yoga, weight lifting, and running were my workouts of choice. I also used a food journal to track my macros and caloric intake (I would eat anywhere from 1200-1500 depending on my workouts for the day). In 6 months I toned up a bit, but I didn't lose a single pound or any sizes. I was so upset, I felt good so I kept up on it. I got in a car accident, couldn't work out, kept watching my macros and stayed the same weight but lost my tone. Then someone told me about IP and I haven't looked back since. I feel great and I'm losing weight. So I don't want to say it's the best program, but it's the best program for me.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoBoreo View Post
I've posted on the IP thread, and have gotten no replies. Can you tell me if you think it's the best plan, or is there a better one out there?
I had been on a very clean eating diet and exercising for 4 months. I lost weight in the beginning but then hit a plateau about 10 pounds in. I could not break it. Started on IP using alternative products and blew through the plateau in the first week and have continued to lose. Very happy with the plan.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #9  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Have a WI coming in this Sat. Time for the reality check.

Hope you all have great beginning to the New Years. This is been a excellent journey and I am keeping it up many years to come.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoBoreo View Post
This is the best plan for me. It's the only one that has ever worked. I've lost 80lbs since May!!
Old 12-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #11  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post

Kelly, You have a lot on your plate right now (pardon the pun). sending hopeful thoughts on your dad, and happy thoughts for the new baby! If you are feeling stress cravings, think about how much easier it will be to crawl around on the floor with the baby in a few months than it would have been pre-IP.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Kelly, You have a lot on your plate right now (pardon the pun). sending hopeful thoughts on your dad, and happy thoughts for the new baby! If you are feeling stress cravings, think about how much easier it will be to crawl around on the floor with the baby in a few months than it would have been pre-IP.
Thank you for the good thoughts!! I'm actually doing good and amazingly enough not having any stress cravings, well except for wine.... That's my escape. I will have to switch to hot tea!!! One day at a time. Worried about my dad, hoping and praying for a good report.

And yes it is SO much easier to get on the floor with the grandkids now!!!
Old 12-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Kelly - sounds like you have a LOT going on! Proud of you for staying OP even through all the stress
Old 12-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 267/228/180

Day 2 on IP and feeling "ok". I do feel pretty tired but Im hoping that will switch to energy after the first week. I had my first IP dinner last night and was supprised at how much 8oz of protein and 2 cups of vegetalbes was. It seemed like a lot of food! Which I was happy about because I felt like I needed a lot of food. haha. My first weigh in is on Thursday because that is the day my coach is available. Im nervous because it will only be 4 days OP. My coach told me I should still see results but it does make me nervous that I wont.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #15  

Hi Andi4630

It is time to get into the mindset that this is a journey and not a race. You could postpone your first WI until next week, if you wanted to. Over-monitoring stresses some people out and the stress hormone, cortisol is detrimental to weight loss.

Remember, as a paying customer, YOU are in charge, not your clinic.

I also recommend getting the book, "The Beck Diet Plan". This will help anyone who is or has been obese. It isn't a diet, per se, but rather a way to retrain your thoughts/thinking patterns/self-talk
Closed Thread