Old 07-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 157/148/137

Height: 5'7"

Default July 14 starter

Hey fellow IP'ers - I am very happy to find this group as I would like some comraderie as I just started IP for the first time on July 14, a little over a week ago. My first week went fine. I bought a ton of product and felt a little overwhelmed. Sitting in the office I just found myself eating through everything... I think I just was curious to try the products, but also I felt a little nervous wondering if I was going get enough food! I found I had some major sweets cravings at night and ate too many product - 6 instead of 5 allowed in the first 2 weeks. I doubled up on the chocolate pudding and had to add some truvia sweetener to the pudding to get a sugar fix... Now into week two - I am a little more calmed down. I bought a ton of WF products yesterday and am disgusted with the Ceasar dressing and Amazing (not!) mayo - yucky!!! However I do love the choc sauce and caramel sauce and the bleu cheese dip is not bad (not great). French onion dip is terrible and so is the Marshmallow dip. OK, so I wasted to $ on WF but I guess it is part of the learning curve. BTW I lost 5 lbs the first week.

My goal is to lose 32 lbs.
suziqindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #77  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

Had my first weigh in today.....down 6 1/2 lbs. Not down as much as some of you phoenominal (sp?) people out here, but I figure who cares, I'm post menopausal, and happy with any loss. I broke 160lbs, haven't seen that in over 5 years!!!! I'm going to go find a place to buy WF to help with flavoring. Thanks for the input on the products, Suziqindc!!!, this is a huge help. My coach sells "Sweet Leaf" products, and I've found them way cheaper at the grocery store. Helps to start really looking at what your are buying. Good luck to everyone and hang in there, this doesn't seem too bad.
Stanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #78  

Default more WF reviews

So I also bought WF:
Sesame ginger - not bad - just used it for stir fry chicken with celery and mushrooms
Thousand island dressing - good! I dip veggies in it
Super fruit Balsamic - OK - tastes good to have a hint of fruit

Does anybody else have WF recs?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello July starters! Had my first WI today and was down 7 lbs! I'm back at the new clinic that is closer to home than my last was. I've had several failed attempts at alternatives and I'm really to back on IP proper. I love some of the new additions and the coaching videos! I also love all the support here! I can do this!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 318/288/185

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I felt a little better today, but am feeling bad tonight because I chewed a few pieces of sugar free gum and had some water with Mio flavoring and I'm afraid I undid everything I worked for this first week.

I have my first weigh-in tomorrow, so we'll see.
IKEMUFFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #81  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziqindc View Post
Hey fellow IP'ers - I am very happy to find this group as I would like some comraderie as I just started IP for the first time on July 14, a little over a week ago. My first week went fine. I bought a ton of product and felt a little overwhelmed. Sitting in the office I just found myself eating through everything... I think I just was curious to try the products, but also I felt a little nervous wondering if I was going get enough food! I found I had some major sweets cravings at night and ate too many product - 6 instead of 5 allowed in the first 2 weeks. I doubled up on the chocolate pudding and had to add some truvia sweetener to the pudding to get a sugar fix... Now into week two - I am a little more calmed down. I bought a ton of WF products yesterday and am disgusted with the Ceasar dressing and Amazing (not!) mayo - yucky!!! However I do love the choc sauce and caramel sauce and the bleu cheese dip is not bad (not great). French onion dip is terrible and so is the Marshmallow dip. OK, so I wasted to $ on WF but I guess it is part of the learning curve. BTW I lost 5 lbs the first week.

My goal is to lose 32 lbs.
suziqindc - I have been holding off on trying WF because I am nervous I will do the same thing. Not like anything and just waste money. My coach said that most of the WF products you expect to taste a certain way and you are disappointed when they don't. I've heard the Chipotle dressing is the best and all the products that are not "replacements" for the real deal are good.

My first WI is Friday and I am so anxious to see the results. So far 100% OP, except I forgot morning vitamins yesterday and fell asleep before I had my snack/vitamins last night. I hope a slip up like that isn't too big of a deal.

I had a NSV this morning... tried on a pair of jeans that was on the small end of the size I've been wearing and they fit! It's been several months since I could wear these jeans comfortably!
danijo8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 149.5/137/120

Smile July 22 starter

Good morning everyone! This is my first post and I'm excited to join this group. I started IP two days ago, on July 22. I struggled with a headache yesterday afternoon through this morning, but it's a bit better right now so I'm excited for a good day! I'm looking forward to learning a lot and heading towards my goal.

I'm down 3.5 lbs this morning!
krikijes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Hi y'all! New member and IP'er here, I actually started on June 30th, but that's pretty much July right?! Look forward to taking this journey with you all.
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #84  

Default What about exercise?

Was wondering how many July starters are exercising?? My coach only told me that if I do my 1 hour Zumba class that I need to have protein before and afterwards.. I made it through my class today. Feeling pretty weak but I think its bc I am out of shape, not because of my IP diet. I am in week 2 BTW.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Was wondering how many July starters are exercising?? My coach only told me that if I do my 1 hour Zumba class that I need to have protein before and afterwards.. I made it through my class today. Feeling pretty weak but I think its bc I am out of shape, not because of my IP diet. I am in week 2 BTW.
my coach told me it was ok to exercise, but just not too much because if I used too many calories, my body would start using the lean muscle mass. Maybe she considers Zumba as too much?
kathy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #86  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
My coach said no Zumba right now. I am walking some, and doing a little BeachBody DVD's I'm used to doing high impact cardio, but I know with that will come hunger after the workout. I don't want to go there just yet..

BTW first WI this morning, down 6.4 pounds... Needless to say I'm pumped!!!
caroling56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I decided to stop working out. I was going to Body Pump and Body Step at least three times a week but I decided that I'd rather give those classes up for a short time if it meant that my weight loss wouldn't be stalled (not that working out stalls weight loss) but I didn't want those extra proteins required for exercise to off balance me. Since I'm a rebooter I decided to be 100% OP in all things (I'm not even doing alternatives) since the last time around I was back and forth being on and off program almost on a weekly basis.
takers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 216.6/189.5/165

Height: 5'5

Hi, I am new here too. I started on the 15th and was down 11.8lbs my first week. I felt fine and am not hungry at all. I followed the program to the tee the first week. I am a runner and the not exercising doesn't sit well with me as I do it for stress relief and my health. I was feeling great so I did start back with some run/walks just to keep my cardio up a little as I have races coming up. These boards are a great find and I have been reading lots of great advice and see the support here.
ruby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:21 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

3rd week here and only a .2 lb weight loss I did see my body fat go down and lean mass go up with the measurement thing they use though. I started doing strength training this week. Sooo not to be discouraged, I must keep the faith and keep on.... I followed the program 100% but I guess this just happens sometimes...
kathy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #90  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome fellow newbies!

I am my third week, and my coach is going to be away on my regular weigh in day - so it will have been 10 days when I have my next weigh in. I can tell by my home scale that the losses are slower this week - to be expected as I can tell by the postings on this discussion group.

My coach says to lay off exercise for the first 3 weeks, and then I'll start out walking and doing some strength training I think. I am seriously out of shape so I think the delay in starting exercise is right for me as I adapt to the IP protocol. For those who have been exercising regularly, it may be ok to exercise right off the bat, but even then maintaining awareness of the notable reduction in calorie intake and the (for most of us) radical change in food choices.

Hang in - so glad we have a good sized group of July starters!!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote