Old 07-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

I am a re-starter. I lost a lot of weight for my wedding 2 years ago and was pretty stable the first year. Last fall, I got a new job and do heavy travel internationally and have had a lot of stress..so I've gained a lot back recently. I am trying to get a hold of my eating again and am excited to start. I am one week in and feeling great...but I know to take it one day at a time with all the temptations.

It's a great diet if you choose to dedicate yourself 100% to plan.
chicagoboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #47  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Default 4 days OP and I am down 8 lbs!

This is great! I wish I had started sooner!

I have been checking out several parts of the IP forum and finding so much good info. Last nite a salmon recipe - baked in foil packet with zucchini - excellent.
The posting about cheating featured on the sticky thread is very thought provoking. Good read for all of us. And Lisa's recommendation about checking in with Home of 100% is excellent - full of good info and motivation. SO glad I found this forum!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #48  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taye168 View Post
Hi! I'm a July starter. Started last Saturday and already down 5 lbs.

17 pounds to go!

I'm finding the IP food or supplements are upsetting my stomach-but will stick it out and see if my body adjusts.
I find I can't take any supplements in the morning they make me nauseous so I have to start them after I eat lunch.
toothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 325/300/225

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm starting the Ideal Protein protocol tomorrow morning. I've gotten all my groceries together for the week, and separated out each day's Ideal Protein packets into gallon-sized Ziploc bags labeled for each day of the week. This evening I am going to package out my veggies into one-cup portions (in case I want to mix and match). For snacking any time I have cucumbers and pickles and lettuce.

I've got so much to lose but I feel confident based on several friends' experience that I will experience success.

Question - I did not get information from my coach on salad dressing - should I use olive oil and vinegar? I see posts on here discussing Walden Farms products - are they safe to use in Phase 1?

I love all the encouragement I see here, and I am happy to see soo many who are on maintenance.
creolelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
Question - I did not get information from my coach on salad dressing - should I use olive oil and vinegar? I see posts on here discussing Walden Farms products - are they safe to use in Phase 1?

I love all the encouragement I see here, and I am happy to see soo many who are on maintenance.
Walden Farms products (0,0,0) are fine on Phase 1. I have a hard time finding them. But I know I can order them online if I wanted too. glad to have you here!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolelady View Post
. Question - I did not get information from my coach on salad dressing - should I use olive oil and vinegar? I see posts on here discussing Walden Farms products - are they safe to use in Phase 1?
My clinic sells them!

Great advance planning. It looks like you'll be off to a great start!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #52  
mld314

S/C/G: 188/172/148

Height: 5'6'

I went on Ideal Protein diet and lost 22# in 3 months. My daughter got married in May and I went off of the diet. I can;t seem to get back on track. Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.
mld314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:17 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 280/280/160

I have a few friends on the program and I live an hour away from the nearest center that provides IP, so I ordered some of the food online and until it came I just cut out most carbs except veggies. I have gotten lots of info online and from my friends so I think I get it, but am happy to have found this board for support that I don't get from family and won't get from a "coach." Good luck to everyone and myself! I've never stuck to anything longer than a week and I'm on day 4....
Rachel_McDerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:13 AM   #54  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

Hello all fellow july starters and restarters

I am a restarter. I lost 108lbs on IP 2yrs ago (80lbs with IP and 28lbs using alternatives). I maintained my loss untill I got pregnant last year. My little man was born april 2nd of this year. My GP has approved the IP protocol for me (had to wait a few months to ensure it wouldn't affect BFing). I am using only alternatives this time around, being on maturnity leave I cannot afford the actual IP products. However I had sucess with alternatives in the past and I'm ready to go again. In the weeks leading up to this I cut out all refined sugars and carbs and managed to lose 13lbs but have been plateaued for the last 3 weeks. Looking very forward to kickstarting it as of tomorrow morning

I live in a fairly small town and there is only one choice for shakes and bars (atkins advantage). I want to order some online from new lifestyle and wondering if anyone has tried them and find they taste decent? (I'm not a fan of the atkins shakes but choke them down anyway :/ I loved the IP shakes, found them very yummy just wish they weren't so costly)

May the protocol be with you all (its the "force" of weight loss). So happy to see others in a similar situation .... special shout out to randygrl, time to shed the preggers weight!!!!
canadiancandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:25 AM   #55  
professor hardy harr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mld314 View Post
I went on Ideal Protein diet and lost 22# in 3 months. My daughter got married in May and I went off of the diet. I can;t seem to get back on track. Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.
Take it one meal at a time. If you feel you're about to go off protocol, come here. Read, talk, post, vent w/e you need to keep focus. This diets brilliance comes with momentum, a few days under your belt and there will be no stopping you! You can do it
Old 07-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 243/221/143

Height: 4'11"

I am new! I have my consultation on July 21. I have been reading this forum and cannot wait to start. I am a little nervous though. So glad all of you are here for support. I can't wait to look and feel better.
fitb4fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #57  
professor hardy harr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitb4fifty View Post
I am new! I have my consultation on July 21. I have been reading this forum and cannot wait to start. I am a little nervous though. So glad all of you are here for support. I can't wait to look and feel better.
I was so nervous my first time. If you stick to it and give it one week you will be good to go. The nervous feeling gets replaced with feeling empowered
Old 07-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 244/232/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm a restarter. I started back in January and did fairly well losing approximately 25 lbs.... then i started a new job and spent 2 months living in a hotel and eating out for all my meals. I tried hard to stay on plan but didn't succeed. Now i'm back at it and this time hubs is doing it with me which is GREAT cuz he's the chef in the house. Here's to losing 50 lbs once and for all and being comfortable in my own skin again!!
Mandy078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I just finished day 1 and my scale shows a 2 lb drop this morning! This is the quick loss start I was hoping for. I have done nutrisystem and every other packaged food, prescribed meal plan, home delivery, HCG, WW.... Lost and regained, plus some, until I now have 80 lbs to lose. Very glad to find this forum!

I'm with you Oenuh2 about every weight loss plan. Been loosing and gaining weight for 21 years now(since my last child) and now I have 85 lbs to loose (77 now). I started July 4th.
kathy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I just finished day 1 and my scale shows a 2 lb drop this morning! This is the quick loss start I was hoping for. I have done nutrisystem and every other packaged food, prescribed meal plan, home delivery, HCG, WW.... Lost and regained, plus some, until I now have 80 lbs to lose. Very glad to find this forum!

I'm with you Oenuh2 about every weight loss plan. Been loosing and gaining weight for 21 years now(since my last child) and now I have 85 lbs to loose (77 now). I started July 4th.
kathy72 is offline   Reply With Quote