Old 12-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #421  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

First - congrats to all in our group - we seem to be marching along at a pretty good pace on this journey!

I am so happy to report that I have officially passed the milestone of 'down 50 lbs' -- I had my official WI today - made it to this point a week later than my mini goal, but this is a meaningful achievement all the same!!!

My original goal weight when I joined IP was 190 - I picked that goal because I could not imagine losing 90 lbs (the loss I needed to get to my dream weight of 150). Instead I backed off to a 50 lb loss as my goal.

So now I have made it past that initial goal weight. YAY!!!

After the first month on IP I set a new goal weight of 150 lbs and you see that on my ticker -- it was so easy to stay OP that I felt like I really could achieve my dream weight after all.

And now I have only 37 more to lose to make that dream goal. 37 more lbs seems so doable these days.... but I cannot forget -- it couldn't seem that way without the support of this forum.

Thanks to everyone for cheering me on and helping me stay positive on this journey!!

oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on hitting 50 a and you're SO CLOSE!!
JJTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #423  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

After two great weeks, it was bound to happen. Down .2 this week .

Part of me is disappointed, as I'd still really like to get to onederland by Christmas. But another part is really okay with it. For the last week or so I feel like many of my body parts have turned to loose jello with too much skin. I am hoping that somewhat slower losses might allow my body to adjust and not just sag. Its not too much of a problem now as winter clothes cover a lot, so I hope someof thos flab goes away before spring!
loser58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #424  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
After two great weeks, it was bound to happen. Down .2 this week .

Part of me is disappointed, as I'd still really like to get to onederland by Christmas. But another part is really okay with it. For the last week or so I feel like many of my body parts have turned to loose jello with too much skin. I am hoping that somewhat slower losses might allow my body to adjust and not just sag. Its not too much of a problem now as winter clothes cover a lot, so I hope someof thos flab goes away before spring!
Hang in there! I lurked at the doorway to onederland for a couple of weeks more than I thought I should before finally dropping under the 100 mark... It is so frustrating, but the frustration cannot change the fact that you have lost a hunk of weight, and you are continuing on a downward slope. It is just a matter of time.

Like you, I am finding the saggy skin to be a bit frightening. My batwings are particularly aggravating... I was looking at before and after pics of arm lift procedures on a plastic surgery site last week.... if my skin does not recoup some of it's tone, and strength training does not fill out some of the looseness with muscle, I may decide to go for that procedure. Before doing that, though, I think there are some radio frequency treatments like Thermage that are non invasive. I am willing to investigate various approaches and find something I can afford that will help to tighten up the affected skin.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

I would be willing to think about something non invasive for the skin...I have quite a bit, but not sure that I want to do any surgery. My arms are bad but I will wait till the end and see what fllls back in.

I am very close to breaking out of the 220's. Not thinking this week, but hopefully it will be my Christmas miracle. Lol. It has been years!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #426  

Good morning July-ers!

I had another rough weigh-in this morning, the scale was up almost 2 pounds. The stats showed fat went down and muscle went up, and my coach went over my diary - no concerns on her end. And they are closed next week so I'll go 2 weeks before weighing in again.

I'm having a really tough time with this. This is the second time in 3 weeks the scale went up. My coach said I'm getting too hung up on the # on the scale, and maybe I am. But it's hard to watch that scale go UP! I feel like post-Thanksgiving I've hit a mental stall, and this isn't helping. I don't know if it's diet fatigue or what.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #427  

S/C/G: 157/148/137

Height: 5'7"

Default DECEMBER Check-in - I started July 2014

Hey July-ers:
I have been absent the past month or so. I weighed in at 150. So it is 27 lbs I have lost now. My scale said 146.8 this morning with no clothes on! yesterday on the coach's sclae with clothes on around 1 pm, it said 150. I think I am really in the 140s now, GOODBYE 150s!!!
I am focused these days because I told myself my goal was 145 by Thanksgiving. I didn't hit it. I am hoping I will hit 145 or lower by Christmas now. I want to ring out the year moving into the 130s.

good luck to everyone dealing with the holiday eating challenges! my coach says - it is just one meal (xmas dinner), not an excuse to binge for 4 days!

Thanks for the support!
Suzanne
suziqindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:21 AM   #428  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Good morning July-ers!

I had another rough weigh-in this morning, the scale was up almost 2 pounds. The stats showed fat went down and muscle went up, and my coach went over my diary - no concerns on her end. And they are closed next week so I'll go 2 weeks before weighing in again.

I'm having a really tough time with this. This is the second time in 3 weeks the scale went up. My coach said I'm getting too hung up on the # on the scale, and maybe I am. But it's hard to watch that scale go UP! I feel like post-Thanksgiving I've hit a mental stall, and this isn't helping. I don't know if it's diet fatigue or what.
Bummer JJTx!!
Since your muscle is increasing, I have to ask about workouts - are you doing strength training? I believe muscle weighs more than fat - maybe that is contributing to your number results.

I too am hanging on to each pound longer it seems... I wonder if you get so much off and then your body has to adjust...? Or maybe the Thanksgiving banquet was too close for comfort... I feel I have been on program through it all, but I have had 3 lunches out in the past 2 weeks, and may be short on water intake esp relative to coffee intake. I guess these little things can add up, I was hoping to reach 179 by New Years, but I think this month is going to be too slow for me to make that wish come true.

Let's hang in though - we both have excellent results over all and I am confident this will not last. Say phooey to the scale this week, and I will say it with you!!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Good morning July-ers!

So JJTx......you need to hang in there. We have come this far! This week I lost .5 so she looked at my journal and we did a body scan because we could not figure it out.....well my lean mass increases by 2 lbs (muscle) and body fat dropped....turns out all that packing and unpacking of the bedroom and moving furniture for new carpets counted as a work out and built muscle....muscle weighs more than fat....she figured without all the working out I would have had about a 2 lb loss.....I also had a nice .5 inch drop in hips and arms this week. Hips have not budged in a few weeks so all in all I am content with that....
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #430  

Thanks ladies for the much-needed encouragement - yesterday was really hard!

Re. exercise, I haven't really added any - I got a Fitbit over Thanksgiving and while I don't think I've increased my steps really, I've become more aware of them. And I stopped taking the elevator at work (my office is on the second floor) - one because I can take the stairs now without dying, and two because my fitbit counts my stairs!

I wish my coach had done measurements yesterday, that might've given me more to go on.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #431  
oneuh2

Quote:
Thanks ladies for the much-needed encouragement - yesterday was really hard!

Re. exercise, I haven't really added any - I got a Fitbit over Thanksgiving and while I don't think I've increased my steps really, I've become more aware of them. And I stopped taking the elevator at work (my office is on the second floor) - one because I can take the stairs now without dying, and two because my fitbit counts my stairs!

I wish my coach had done measurements yesterday, that might've given me more to go on.
At every visit, my coach has me weigh on the scale, then she takes the measurements, and we use the fat vs lean measurement tool (that thing you hold while the computer reads the electronic pulse results). You are entitled to all of this on every visit - go for it all!!!

Also, Using my smartphone I take a photo of my sheet at each visit - then I have the measurements handy when I consider ordering a piece of clothing online -- I can easily figure out the best size to buy. This has been a big help - I had to get a smaller cold weather coat for commuting to/from work - my previous coat was so huge that I looked like a cartoon character .... what a nice problem to solve, for a change.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #432  

Oneuh2 - I thought I responded to this yesterday - oops!

My clinic has one of those BSA scales, that measures fat, muscle, hydration, etc. we usually measure every other week, which would have been this week but I forgot and obviously so did my coach :P I get a copy of the scale printout but I hadn't thought about copying my measurements. I will next time!

Went jean shopping today, the pairs I bought in September are uncomfortable even with a belt. Not only did I have to leave the women's (plus) section, but I fit into a size smaller than I expected! Granted they are relaxed fit and a little snug but it happened. I bought 2 I felt so weird walking around the area, like I expected a sales lady to stop me for being in the wrong part of the store!

How's everyone else's friday going?
Old 12-20-2014, 01:18 AM   #433  
oneuh2

Quote:
Oneuh2 - I thought I responded to this yesterday - oops!

My clinic has one of those BSA scales, that measures fat, muscle, hydration, etc. we usually measure every other week, which would have been this week but I forgot and obviously so did my coach :P I get a copy of the scale printout but I hadn't thought about copying my measurements. I will next time!

Went jean shopping today, the pairs I bought in September are uncomfortable even with a belt. Not only did I have to leave the women's (plus) section, but I fit into a size smaller than I expected! Granted they are relaxed fit and a little snug but it happened. I bought 2 I felt so weird walking around the area, like I expected a sales lady to stop me for being in the wrong part of the store!

How's everyone else's friday going?
So glad you went shopping and enjoyed the fruits of your dieting labor so! For me, that experience is better than the experience of witnessing loss on the scale.
Did I mention that this week was a .4 lb loss for me - I can really relate to your feelings with a scale that is not moving downward. It requires faith to hang in for another week before the next official weigh in. And patience. But I am confident - We can do this!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #434  

You did mention your .4 - I thought we decided to say bah humbug to the scale earlier in the week!! Patience has never been one of my strong points but yes we will get through this.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #435  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

looks like it was a slow week all around for the July starters! It feels frustrating because the holidays and year end are big dates by which we'd all like to hit a milestone. I am reminding myself that this time next year, it will not matter one bit whether I got to onederland on January 1 or January 6 or January 15! What will matter is that I REALLY worked my resistance muscle through the holiday season, and that experience will pay off long term.

My family is going out to dinner tonight to celebrate that I have stuck to this program 100% for 150 days! I have my steak and steamed broccoli all picked out.

Hang in there July-ers!
loser58 is offline   Reply With Quote