Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Up north in the 'burbs
Hello neighbor!

I am in the burbs too.
OperationSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 149.5/137/120

Default Just finished Week 1

Hello again July Starters! I am excited to be down 5.5 lbs after 8 days on the plan! I struggled with a headache days 2-4 and hunger several days, but it's getting a bit easier. I'm drinking more than the required amount of water but the machine said yesterday that I was dehydrated. This week I'm ramping my water up to 80+ ounces to see if that does the trick.

My favorite IP meals so far are the mango pre-made drink, the salt & vinegar chips, the BBQ chips, the strawberry wafer (yum!), and the PB bar. I really enjoy reading these boards and all of your stories!
krikijes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 192.7/183/140

Height: 5' 8"

[QUOTE=piperdown;5048898]I found IP through my doctor's office. I'm on day 3 (start date: Jul 28), so suffering from headache and fatigue. Cravings were worse yesterday. Water isn't the issue, as I'm working on my 3rd cup of water AFTER the full 64oz. I tried a little salt a couple of hours ago. It helped a little. I guess it's just my body switching over.

Hi Piperdown we started on the same day. My first day I fell asleep at 7:30 pm and did not wake up until 12 hours later !!! Then on Tuesday I had to take a nap...I NEVER ever take naps, LOL. Today has been 1000% better in terms of fatigue but now I am dizzy I am excited though since obviously my body is transitioning. Wonder what tomorrow will bring

Last edited by OperationSkinny; 07-30-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:02 PM   #139  

Default I'm here!

Ok, it's the end of July...but whose counting right? At least I have started!
I am on QWLC. It's very very expensive, but it works! Do any of you have alternatives to some of the pills? I have been to dietdirect but I am worried I have not matched them up correctly. Has anyone else tried to find a cheaper way to order the pills?
tmm10921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBell101 View Post
Testing one two three
LOL!!! I am trying too. How did I do it before???
Old 07-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krikijes View Post
Hello again July Starters! I am excited to be down 5.5 lbs after 8 days on the plan! I struggled with a headache days 2-4 and hunger several days, but it's getting a bit easier. I'm drinking more than the required amount of water but the machine said yesterday that I was dehydrated. This week I'm ramping my water up to 80+ ounces to see if that does the trick.

My favorite IP meals so far are the mango pre-made drink, the salt & vinegar chips, the BBQ chips, the strawberry wafer (yum!), and the PB bar. I really enjoy reading these boards and all of your stories!

Interesting about the water. I am drinking alot which I normally do anyway, but I have never been to the bathroom this often! I figured I needed to compensate for that, so this is good to know.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 191/181/145

Height: 5'7

Hi! I am on day 1 of IP. I'm worried about how restrictive the diet is, especially since I'm gluten Free- so a whole bunch of the food items are off limits for me. Any other GF people on here? I'm up for tips for making the food taste better and recipes as I'm a big foodie and feel I've lost my favorite hobby-cooking inventive meals daily... and dining at amazing restaurants. Which is how I got here in the first place!!
FATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #143  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATX View Post
Hi! I am on day 1 of IP. I'm worried about how restrictive the diet is, especially since I'm gluten Free- so a whole bunch of the food items are off limits for me. Any other GF people on here? I'm up for tips for making the food taste better and recipes as I'm a big foodie and feel I've lost my favorite hobby-cooking inventive meals daily... and dining at amazing restaurants. Which is how I got here in the first place!!
I can't give you any gluten free advice. Maybe someone else can step in for that.

http://idealweightfairbanks.com/nutritional_info.pdf I can't get my adobe to work on this computer but I found a sheet once that showed which products have gluten. Maybe it's this link.

Now, on to the 'cooking inventive meals daily' comment - I feel like I am much more creative with my meals for dinner. For instance, I made a low carb shephard's pie last night with extra lean ground beef and a cauliflower puree with mushrooms and bell peppers. It was SOOOO satisfying!!! That wouldn't have been something I would have come up with without being on IP.
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

Default Re-Start!!

Okay! I'm back.....starting over today!! I have gained back 20 of the 50 that I lost. Can't get back up there again! Today is day 1.....I got this! I decided to contact my coach and reach out. I know if I don't get back on track, I will gain everything that I've lost since February!! I am going in 100%! No cheats!!!!!
texaschick0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:51 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 157/148/137

Height: 5'7"

Smile In week three!

Hello companions in weight loss -- I am just checking-in. I'm in week three and want to lose at least 5 this week! I have been pretty much OP. Had a social gathering last night and ate raw veggies that were served. Also green beans that were baked. I will have to look those up as they were from Trader Joe's and had a very light dusting of crumbly spices on them..there may have been some bread crumbs, will need to investigate.

My coach told me I was allowed to have up to 5 IP products in the first 2 weeks. I am wondering if I am supposed to cut that back now to just 3? I need to ask her. I think she wanted to me to feel like I wouldn't go hungry as my body was adjusting to the program.

Also, while I understand I shouldn't be doing "strenuous" exercise, I feel I should be walking or something! The legs are looking flabby and need toning.

Any suggestions or feedback? Thank you and appreciate this forum so much!

Last edited by suziqindc; 07-31-2014 at 12:52 PM.
suziqindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziqindc View Post
Hello companions in weight loss -- I am just checking-in. I'm in week three and want to lose at least 5 this week! I have been pretty much OP. Had a social gathering last night and ate raw veggies that were served. Also green beans that were baked. I will have to look those up as they were from Trader Joe's and had a very light dusting of crumbly spices on them..there may have been some bread crumbs, will need to investigate.

My coach told me I was allowed to have up to 5 IP products in the first 2 weeks. I am wondering if I am supposed to cut that back now to just 3? I need to ask her. I think she wanted to me to feel like I wouldn't go hungry as my body was adjusting to the program.

Also, while I understand I shouldn't be doing "strenuous" exercise, I feel I should be walking or something! The legs are looking flabby and need toning.

Any suggestions or feedback? Thank you and appreciate this forum so much!
Hi
You can walk on IP. You're not supposed to run or do anything that gets you out of breath. Yoga is good for toning, as well.

We get VERY flabby as the excess water (inflammation) leaves our bodies. Now you can just see the fat stores without the water pumping them up.

I'm going to caution you about setting time limits for weight loss. The weight comes off in its own time as we move forward in the program. The first slowdown usually happens somewhere between weeks 3-5. The best plan is to make sure you stay 100% on plan no matter what (no BLTs - Bites, licks, tastes). We set ourselves up for HUGE disappointments if we try to set the time schedule. The scale doesn't always cooperate.

So, instead of planning to lose a specified number of lbs in a certain time frame, I'd suggest setting mini goals with a reward at the end. I've done massages, mani/pedi, new shoes, etc. Other have gone for jewelry.

And yes, you'll be dropping back to 3 packets per day. The extra ones are just there while you're acclimating to the new way of eating.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Hi FATX: I am GF and did IP (in maint. now) The latest sheet for GF is as follows, sorry I don't have a way to scan & post, but will list here as of June 2014 in Canada:

Omelet Mix plain & Fine Herb
Soups - Mushroom, leek, chicken soup, broccoli & cheese
Potato puree
Chicken Dijonnaise
Beef Stroganoff
Raspberry Chocolaty Bar
Mangosteen powdered water enhancer
Puddings - Banana, Milk & Dark Choc, Vanilla, Butterscotch
Raspberry Jelly
Southwest Cheese Curls
White Cheddar Ridges
Fruity Drinks - Orange, Pineapple/Banana, Pink Lemonade, Lemon Tea
Rich Drinks - Bluberry Cran-Granata, Cappuccino, Chocolate, Peach Mango, Pina Colada, Wildberry yogourt, Vanilla
RTD - Strawberry/Banana, Cappuccino, Vanilla Pudding, Chocolate Pudding
Meal Replacements - Ideal Complete Choc Drink, IC Vanilla Drink, IC Strawberry Drink

Supplements: Ideal Salt This means you will need to buy your vitamins separately from a health/drug store as they cannot guarantee no gluten in the IP vitamins.

You might want to copy & paste into a document for yourself. These are labelled GF, other items may be technically gluten free but may be contaminated by gluten in manufacturing. I also added alternatives like Brown Rice protein smoothies (Prairie Naturals) and GF Soy free vegan VEGA Protein Smoothie powders, and Garden of Life RAW protein powder from pea, seeds, algae - Cacao flavour These are all at least 15g protein, near 0 fats & <4 net carbs.
Hope this helps! If you need to, post on daily chat & I will help as much as possible until you get enough posts to message me privately (if you prefer later.)

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 07-31-2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Sorry, RTS should have read RTDrink.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #148  

Quote:
I'm GF and soy protein restricted.
That limits me even more.
Besides the IP products Liana mentioned, there are also alternative products (non-IP brand) that will expand your choices.
Restricteds include Quest Bars and the (new) Quest Chips, Simply chips, Simply Whey bars

Unrestricted includes Syntrax nectar (just use 3/4 scoop, rather than a whole scoop). Also 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites = an omelet packet.

Many coaches will discourage use of alternative products. This is financial and a training issue (they only know what they know and what they know are IP products). I just didn't mention use of alts to my coach.

Be sure to go to the Daily Chat thread & then to post #1. There you will find links to recipes. There is NO WAY I could have stuck with IP to lose as much weight as I did without food being good!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #149  
Rebooter

S/C/G: 155/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krikijes View Post

Great job! I LIVE on the chocolate premade drink and the PB crunch bars - although I am now really hooked on tossing the rotini with veggies and seasonings (I love garlic.)
AeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #150  
Rebooter

S/C/G: 155/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Also 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites = an omelet packet.
I was thinking about this the other day - this has been my secret weapon and seriously, the most useful thing I found among ALL the amazing useful things on this board!
AeRose is offline   Reply With Quote