Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #31  

Thank you!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #32  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Chipndip and Half Again -- you probably are a bit different-- well I hope I am at least-- because we're trying to change some ways of thinking. I love your World of WarCraft image (now I see you as a Xena Warrior Princess in my mind!LOL) because it shows the focus you get when you are interested in something. I'm the same. If I get a new book I can't do anything until it's done. I become too focused almost. Right now the focus is on my house and let me tell you, this place has never looked so good!
Use your "focus" to keep your energy going for your health plan. However, if DH is saying he's noticing a difference, I think it's great that he communicates with you. Mine doesn't even notice when I dye my hair a different colour! Take some quality time together and have him understand that nothing is different, except the 'garden' that has become your fridge crisper!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #33  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

FOR SALE sign is on my lawn. This makes it seem more "real" for sure. I was up until 4:30 madly cleaning, touching up some paint spots etc so the pictures would look great. I wasn't quite as planned as I'd like so I had to say to the realtor - "okay,take a pic of that room so when you're done, I can pile all this stuff in there before you take a pic of this one!" I have about 4 loads of clean laundry crammed into the dryer. LOL
Oh well. Place looks fab. And if I can't find anything, I'll check the dryer first!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #34  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well I totally forgot to take any IP products with me and since I didn't want to chug one at 3 am I ended up skipping one yesterday. I did end up taking a huge tuna "salad" so I never ended up being hungry or bored since my friends came to see me. I have a feeling this added awake hours though are going to play with my weight... I was up longer drinking water which isn't necessarily a bad thing. We'll see how it plays out, it's only a few nights this week then I got to days so that'll be much better!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #35  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Today is my third day using IP alternatives. So far no major aches or pains. I did leave the house with out water and regretted it earlier. I can't wait until Sunday to see how I'm doing. I love reading all the tips and suggestions on this site! This is the best site ever!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #36  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
FOR SALE sign is on my lawn. This makes it seem more "real" for sure.
That's awesome- I am jealous!! I am dying to move but we won't be in a good position to do so until next summer, so here I stay. Can't wait until I am at that point, hope you get lots of good offers right away!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #37  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Had a 6pm meltdown yesterday with a bowl of butterscotch candies. Unbelievable!! Not the first time & I begin to think that even the IP bars might be a trigger for me, especially when I am tired. Who is this person who keeps eating butterscotch & doesn't care (in the moment)??!! Thing is, after the mindless binge is done, I feel yucky physically.
Tried to balance out with dinner.
Today the scale is barely up from yesterday, so I may have dodged a bullet, but am keeping my carbs very low today, drinking lots of water & making lettuce & cucumber my friends.
Not adding whipping to my day today but trying to make it a really-take-care day
I am so close to goal & am usually so careful.

Great to see so many starts & successes on this thread today.

Happy Canada Day to all us Great White Northerners!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #38  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
FOR SALE sign is on my lawn. This makes it seem more "real" for sure. I was up until 4:30 madly cleaning, touching up some paint spots etc so the pictures would look great. I wasn't quite as planned as I'd like so I had to say to the realtor - "okay,take a pic of that room so when you're done, I can pile all this stuff in there before you take a pic of this one!" I have about 4 loads of clean laundry crammed into the dryer. LOL
Oh well. Place looks fab. And if I can't find anything, I'll check the dryer first!
Hope all your hard work pays off and you get lots of offers!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #39  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Today is day 8 and I am exhausted today. Is that normal? It may just be my sleeping pattern last night. I was really tired last night so I went to bed at 9:30...but then I woke up at 4 feeling refreshed so I stayed up for an hour...went back to bed at 5 and slept until 9. Today I just feel like I'm Dragging.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #40  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Today is day 8 and I am exhausted today. Is that normal? It may just be my sleeping pattern last night. I was really tired last night so I went to bed at 9:30...but then I woke up at 4 feeling refreshed so I stayed up for an hour...went back to bed at 5 and slept until 9. Today I just feel like I'm Dragging.
I don't know if it is normal, but it is normal for me, especially in the beginning. Make sure you're drinking your water and getting your salt, it helps.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #41  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
I don't know if it is normal, but it is normal for me, especially in the beginning. Make sure you're drinking your water and getting your salt, it helps.
I have been drinking a TON of water but haven't been good about having the salt. Maybe that is the issue!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #42  
Restarted IP June 2014

Happy Canada Day!!

I'm having a bunch of dh's family over for a Canada Day BBQ for dinner.......I have a little secret .....except for marshmallows for the fire tonight, the rest of the dinner is 100% IP friendly. I don't plan to say a thing & I wonder if anyone will even notice that there is no "carby" food or snacks???
Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermom View Post
Happy Canada Day!!

I'm having a bunch of dh's family over for a Canada Day BBQ for dinner.......I have a little secret .....except for marshmallows for the fire tonight, the rest of the dinner is 100% IP friendly. I don't plan to say a thing & I wonder if anyone will even notice that there is no "carby" food or snacks???
I betcha no one notices. I think that is a spectacular idea. I am sure it will be a huge success and imagine how awesome you will feel about all your guests eating so healthy.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #44  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
I have been much more tired since starting IP. The first few weeks I could have had a nap everyday. Which is really not like me. I am better now but, sometimes I get sleepy in the afternoon. I do go to bed much earlier than I used to now.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #45  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I have been much more tired since starting IP. The first few weeks I could have had a nap everyday. Which is really not like me. I am better now but, sometimes I get sleepy in the afternoon. I do go to bed much earlier than I used to now.
I go to bed by 10 now and get up at 6. Have good energy through most of the day, except when I'm late eating...not much room for error.
Closed Thread