Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

What? You are 5 pounds from goal!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone; it seems summer is a crazy and busy time of year for everyone. Its nice you keep us up to date Slip! Summer has its challenges so if a person can continue to lose thats great. I'm still working at maintenance. I'm trying to get a couple lbs off from my holiday and it always amazes me at how much better I feel when eating the right way. My energy level is so much higher. We are loving some hot weather right now, we deserve it after that long and cold winter. How nice to put on smaller clothes in the summer!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #48  

Hi Hawaii,

Summer is busy! I find that I need the forum posting to keep my focus on maintaining. I also hate to see the thread on the second page!

I felt the same way after vacation, I was craving my healthy habits and food. I am glad that I indulged, because it has proven to me that Phase 1 is a tool that works in maintenence. I also learned that for now, I am in control of what I put in my mouth. I was really fearful of cravings and overindulging, but not so far.

It is really hot and muggy here, with very little rain. I am looking forward to rain in hopes that it will lower the humidity.

So where are my other Newbie friends? Hiker? Luccilove? Kooky? Steph? Kawaii? Jig? Hope everyone is still working the program and having some summer fun.

More chores accomplished today. Total cleaning of the kitchen, it took all day. Still have to do the refrigerator. I hate housework
Old 07-10-2014, 01:01 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Today is my first day of maintenance. I had my final weigh in and it came out to exactly 80 lbs lost on IP- 241.6 start and 161.6 today. I'm happily surprised that at the end of the weight loss phase, I'm neither gorging (or planning to gorge) myself on junk or feeling anxious about maintaining. Today I learned more about maintenance from my coach and definitely have more to read, but I'm feeling confident I can maintain my loss and continue on a positive trajectory to better health and a healthy relationship with food. It's actually been fun lately finding healthy foods that work with P3 and now for maintenance. I never thought that would interest me.

I'm happy to see everyone's successes and summer activities!

Here is my "after" picture from today. You can tell I was pretty happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.5 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by KookySuki; 07-10-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #50  

Kooky, Yahoo! Congratulations on your final WI. Your picture looks happy and beautiful. So happy for you!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:36 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kooky, Yahoo! Congratulations on your final WI. Your picture looks happy and beautiful. So happy for you!
Thank you! I couldn't have done it without all of the amazing support from you and the other newbies! Having this board really helped make this experience easier and more fun.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:45 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good goin' Kooky: You are absolutely bubbling over with glee in that picture! I love it!
Liana
Old 07-10-2014, 07:16 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Looking beautiful and happy Kooky! You should be proud!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: yes 5lbs away! 150 was my first goal actually so I was pretty excited to see that number yesterday. I had a little moment. Lol.

Hawaii: I think summer may be harder for me to lose then winter. Seems like there is more temptations around. I will have to remember this next summer when I am maintaining.

Kooky: congrats on maintenance!! That is wonderful, so proud and happy for you. Your pic is awesome. Good luck figuring out maintenance.

Busy day for me today. It is DD 16th birthday today. I take her in to write her learners test for driving today. Yikes! Lol. Then we go pick up our new puppy(min pin/chihuahua. We have never had a dog before,wish me luck. Then I need to pack the trailer for our vacation that starts tomorrow. We will be gone a week but I should be able to check in here.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Kooky: you look beautiful! Nice pic!! I am jealous of those slim legs! Lol
Want2b: my daughter just bought her first car, yikes is right! Lol
Slip: I agree, this is a support group for not only losing the weight but maintaining.
Weighed myself this morn and am slowly getting rid of some up lbs from my holiday. It's great to know how to get back down, now to get back to my exercise routine!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Kooky u look amazing!!! Congrats on all of your hard work!!! So proud of you. Way to go!!!

Hello all. I am have been very busy with the house stuff. We closed on our house Monday--very happy. Getting the house I am renting ready for the market on Friday and an open house on Sunday.

Sticking to IP has been challenging. Had my weigh in today gained 2.6 pounds I also have my TOM. Not fun. We are now thinking maybe I should go to P2 when I hit 170 to give myself a break from P1. I will keep doing P1 for 2 weeks and see what happens. I am just completely burnt out from P1.

Sorry I have not been on here that much just very busy. I am still reading everything. So excited for everyone!!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Kooky u look amazing!!! Congrats on all of your hard work!!! So proud of you. Way to go!!!

Hello all. I am have been very busy with the house stuff. We closed on our house Monday--very happy. Getting the house I am renting ready for the market on Friday and an open house on Sunday.

Sticking to IP has been challenging. Had my weigh in today gained 2.6 pounds I also have my TOM. Not fun. We are now thinking maybe I should go to P2 when I hit 170 to give myself a break from P1. I will keep doing P1 for 2 weeks and see what happens. I am just completely burnt out from P1.

Sorry I have not been on here that much just very busy. I am still reading everything. So excited for everyone!!
Luccilove sounds more like you are burned out from house stuff, never mind P1, lol. Glad things are moving along for you
Old 07-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Yeah you are probably right. I am tired of being on P1. I really just don't know what to do with my goal. I am afraid I think to pick the wrong weight but I know whatever I pick is better then what I was back in the day. I can always go back to P1 if I need to. I think maybe it is overwhelming for me.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #59  

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! It really made me happy reading those this morning. I feel very fortunate to have a strong, supportive group of ladies to share this experience with me.

Want2Be- You have so much going on today! Congratulations on being so close to your goal and losing almost 90 pounds! Phenomenal job!! I'm so happy for you. I hope your daughter has a happy 16th! How exciting about the puppy! Enjoy your vacation, the puppy, and the b-day festivities. Look forward to hearing about how everything goes.

Hawaii- Congratulations on losing your holiday weight! Sounds like you've got maintenance down with balancing out special occasions, vacations, etc with stricter food days/exercise. That's what I intend to do. You're a good role model for me.

Lucci- Congratulations on closing on your new home! You do have a lot going on with the houses. Do you have Trader Joes and/or Whole Foods near you? Whether or not you decide to switch to P2, Trader Joes has some great protein and veggie shortcuts that work well with P1 & P2. I used/still use a lot of the fresh veggies in microwaveable packs (broccoli/cauliflower mix, Brussels sprouts, asparagus), the bags of greens with WF dressing (balsamic, chipotle ranch, or sesame ginger), and for proteins the fully cooked free range chicken breasts and organic fully cooked beef sirloin. I use the plain Whole Foods rotisserie chicken and peel off the skin for a protein too. I also like the Whole a Foods salmon or tuna sashimi. These are all of the things I've lived on the past 8 months and are great to stay OP when you don't have much time for prep/cooking.

It's hard to pick a goal weight. I feel like I didn't pick mine; mine picked me on a way. I think I was around 170 and started feeling much more comfortable with how I felt and looked. I knew it wouldn't be much more time before I'd be at a good phasing off point. I checked with my doctor and he said I looked healthy and ready to phase off if I wanted to. Also, he mentioned that I'd continue to lose in P2 and maybe P3. He was right and I'm starting maintenance around 160 and feel good with it. I had blood work done the other day and I'm waiting to see how my numbers have changed since the last time. Hopefully I'm back in the healthy range for cholesterol and no longer insulin resistant.

Last edited by KookySuki; 07-10-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Kooky,

You look AMAZING!!!!!! Not that it really means a hill of beans, but I wanted to say that I am SOOOoooo stinking proud of you! You've had your fair share of ups and downs, but you stuck with it and you look amazing. That smile says it all! Great JOB!!!!
Closed Thread