Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kawaii: IF you choose to stop going to your clinic and continued to lose weight you would not be a quitter, you would just alter your path a little. No matter how you get to goal is still goal, not quitting. You have done so good with IP, don't get so frustrated that you suddenly quit the coaching. Is it possible to see another coach? Not every coach will be a good fit for you. AS for the 9lb gain, it is not a real gain. Don't get discouraged, it will probably be gone in a few days, just as quickly as it came. I always retain water when it is hot out, maybe that is part of it. Hang in there.

hopeisallthereis: Welcome to the group. Feel free to join in anytime.

Had my 'official' WI this morning, I am up 1.6lbs from 2 weeks ago, vacation weight I am sure. Still sticking to plan, hoping it will be gone with a few friends by next WI. I did really think about how I felt at WI on Monday when I was close to 160lbs compared to how I was feeling before vacation at 150lbs. I was definitely happier, feeling better at the lower weight, so I am sure I made the right decision to make 150lb my 'highest weight range'. I am going to stick to my 'goal' weight at 145lb, then switch to P3 and hopefully lose a few more lbs. I will be happy between 140-145lbs. Scares me(in a good way) thinking about those numbers, and how I will be able to keep them. But I will figure it out, I will not go back to where I was.

Hoping no chatter on here today means we are all having a good day!
Old 07-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,
Want2b, I have learned that if you play, you pay . You will have that up pound gone and in no time at all you will be at goal.

Busy day here. Refinished a metal bar/serving cart for the patio, laid some mulch, planted a couple of delphiniums and am doing laundry. Showered up now, because I was full of dirt.

It is warm here!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #138  

Good morning,

Had a slip with peanut butter granola last night, timing was right in the day, but my portion was too large. Did not use my measuring cup. It was the first time that I felt like I was using food for emotional reasons/comfort. I was tired and feeling "meh". The scale is fine this morning, but I did not like the lack of control. Should have gone to bed.

Today is a new day. Just wanted to share my struggle.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Slip: I can totally relate to the 'shoulda went to bed' thought! Sometimes I crave bad carbs because I'm tired and going to bed would avoid needless calories but it doesn't always work. My goal for the week is not eating after supper which is challenging right now because I'm in pms mode where I feel like I am starving sometimes! But, I keep working at it!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #140  

Slip: I think maintenance is going to allow for some of those oops times. We are going to have to learn from them. It is great that you are thinking about your slip and moving on. Maybe next time you can keep your measuring cups handy.

Hawaii: Keep plugging along with the no snacks after supper. That is a hard one for me. I would watch tv and eat popcorn 4-5 nights a week before, it was something I did when I watched tv, most of the time I wasn't hungry, just craved it. So for me keeping busy(not watching tv) has helped with the snacking feeling.

We had a 12 hour power outage last night. So glad the power is back up today. Doing some laundry and cleaning today.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Slip,
I too am having the hungries!!!! Not yet TOM, but definitely feeling body wise like it is.. Feet and ankles are swollen, fingers feel tight. I am noticing my body a lot more. Had a realization about the coaching.. Going to ask to be scheduled with one of the owners next time around. Both of them have experience with athletes and with working out 6 days a week I am starting to think that I'm in a calorie deficit. Never would have thought a year ago that I would consider myself an athlete.. But hey.. I love what I'm doing now, and I can see definite changes in my body.. First time for everything!

Want2B,
Thanks for the support. My husband and I had a long talk, and we decided that after this session of coaching is done, I'm going to be done with the center. I get more "coaching" and support from you ladies here! He's already agreed to do measurements for me, and I already have a BCA scale. I may ask a few friends from here to be my accountability partners in regards to not just letting things slack off.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #142  

Want2b, the cups were right there, lol! The brain was just not in the game. I know in my logical mind that maintenance allows a little leeway, but I have this deep fear that old patterns will return. That is why I keep working the threads, need to keep my focus. Sorry that you lost power. From storms or the fires?

Kawaii, I am sure that the swelling is from our humidity and heat. Good decision about the coaching.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Want2b; Thanks for the encouragement! Teaching our body to eat when hungry and not craving takes time but this plan has really helped!

Kawaii: Being that my coach didn't live here, we phoned once a week but stopped once I hit maintenance. My hubby would do my measurements weekly which worked out great because I felt accountable to myself but to him too! He was so supportive as the inches fell off!

Slip: I think thats hardest about maintenance, thinking I am going to 'lose' control and pack on the lbs again. But, having a support group helps and being accountable to ourselves for those bad days without beating ourselves up. Take a day at a a time and move forward! We know how to do this!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #144  

Hi everyone,

Good day today. A lot of physical labor adding pea stone pebbles to the shade patio. Heavy bags, stairs and spreading the pebbles burned some of those granola calories- I hope!

Hawaii, I agree with much of what you said. We just need to take it day by day and stick with the plan. The plan does work. Just need to do our best and stay within the range. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #145  

Slip: The power outage was from the storms. How are you today? Sore from all the heavy lifting?

Tomorrow DH and I are in our league ball windup tournament, should be fun. Today should be a relaxing day, I hope. Lol.

Last edited by want2bskinnyagain; 07-25-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Hi Newbies! I miss you! I haven't been online much this week. Busy at work and entertaining my mom who's in town until tomorrow. Just accepted a job offer this week in the SF Bay Area that I'm really excited about, so I've put in notice at the job that's been making me miserable for a long time. I feel like I broke up with a bad boyfriend!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I'll read everyone's posts and post this weekend. Have to go apartment hunting this weekend for my upcoming relocation. Doing well maintaining. I've been doing some P1 days to make up for extra glasses of wine on the non-IP fun days. I've been feeling celebratory, so I've been drinking more than I typically would.

Happy Friday and talk to you soon!

Last edited by KookySuki; 07-25-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #147  

Hi all,

Want2b, not sore at all . This garden is the best gym in the summer. Have a fun chill day today and good luck with your game. Sounds fun!

Kooky, yahoo for the new job and the move. Good luck with the apt. search. Very exciting.

I am off to meet up with a childhood friend. Have not seen her since 7th grade. After lunch, I am going to a sidewalk sale and farmers market with my mom in my home town. Should be a fun day

A very dear friend lost her husband suddenly yesterday. So sad because they were such a loving couple. Really a lesson to appreciate what you have and to cherish your loved ones. We have no guarantees.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Hugs slip... Sorry for your friends loss. Sounds like you had a great day today. Been busy today, so just catching up now. How are all my newbies doing?
Old 07-26-2014, 12:10 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

KookySuki -- congrats on your new job. do u have to move? when do you start? Very excited for you.

Slip--sorry on your friends loss - it makes you us appreciate life.

So I did my WI on Thursday - I lost a 1 pound but I met with 2 of my sub coaches - my main coach just had heart surgery so he will be out until Sept!!! He is doing good. we talked about it before he left and I decided on Thursday I would start P2. So far I think this is right for me. It seems to be a bit easier for me at this point since I have been eating out a lot going back and forth between the 2 houses.

I told the coaching "team" I was burnt out from P1, I lost 60lbs and I feel a lot better and not on any pills so they told me to go to P2 give it a shot and see what happens. I agree. I will keep you all posted. I am sorry I have not been more active on the boards but I think of my IPers everyday especially when I am having a food thought or moment.

Did anyone's stomach feel a little weird or different when they started on P2? My was a little odd today not sure why.

Have a great weekend!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #150  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

LUCCILOVE - I was also burnt out from Phase 1 and like you I am one of the Oct. 2013 starters. I have been on Phase 2 for almost a couple of weeks and love it. I lost 2 1/2 pounds the first week.

I'll see how it goes before deciding to go back on Phase 1 later or just phasing off at this weight even though I probably should weigh a lot less. I keep thinking I can do it again next year. My kids want me to stay at this weight and not lose any more. Lots of decisions. LOL

Last edited by 64peppergirl; 07-26-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Closed Thread