Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #31  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Good Will Amber. I went there to find something I could paint in since all my paint jeans are too big. I did not want to wear the stuff I bought to paint in, they were too nice! 1 pair of shorts and 2 jeans for a total of ten bucks.

Today we have to go down south for my husband Uncle's visitation and then stay over for the funeral. The town has no good restaurants open on a Sunday night(I think a KFC and a McDonalds). I suggested we pack a cooler for dinner before visitation and husband and in-laws like that idea especially since we will have to eat early because in-laws have to be at visitation at 5. I was planning on packing a breakfast anyway since no-one else eats breakfast. I am bringing bottled water too. Husband is pallbearer so will have to wear a suit in 95 degree weather. I found a great light weight dress at Macy's for dirt cheap that is appropriate.

Prayers for my father-in-law. His health is poor and this will be very, very hard on him.
Thinking of you and your family drd. So hard to lose loved ones, you all will be in my prayers.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #32  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

Drd- so sorry for your loss, inspired by your planning. I know I would be tempted to use that situation as an excuse to go off plan, something I am working in.

Amber- so curious about your tattoo! Can you post a pic or a pic that is similar to what you got?

AFM- struggling with cravings this weekend. Summertime is hard for me because I crave fruit/fruity things. I'm using a little mio to take the edge off but it is not the same. Re-reading the Beck chapter on cravings today, maybe that will help.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #33  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Feeling discouraged today. Part of it is the post-vacation blues, I'm sure, but frustrated that this morning my scale was still hovering around the 192 mark. I know I should be happy with anything gone, but for two weeks of effort, just a pound off is really irritating. I have had major hungries since yesterday, so I'm sure I knocked myself out of ketosis. Also, with fourth of July approaching (major family event) and my birthday coming up, I'm just feeling overwhelmed, my negative self talk is coming back and I keep thinking I'm doomed to be fat and I'll never see my goal.

One day at a time, I guess. I'll just hide my scale until official WI Tuesday, drink lots of water and stick to plan.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #34  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Pishposh -- you are over half way to your goal already! A pound down -- no matter how long it takes -- is a pound in the right direction. You are not "doomed to be fat" -- You are "destined to be delicious" !
Stick to it -- one day at a time!!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Feeling discouraged today. Part of it is the post-vacation blues, I'm sure, but frustrated that this morning my scale was still hovering around the 192 mark. I know I should be happy with anything gone, but for two weeks of effort, just a pound off is really irritating. I have had major hungries since yesterday, so I'm sure I knocked myself out of ketosis. Also, with fourth of July approaching (major family event) and my birthday coming up, I'm just feeling overwhelmed, my negative self talk is coming back and I keep thinking I'm doomed to be fat and I'll never see my goal.

One day at a time, I guess. I'll just hide my scale until official WI Tuesday, drink lots of water and stick to plan.
GREAT decision, pishposh! Anything other than that may provide temporary satisfaction, but then you may be in a position where you lose even that frustrating and hovering 192 - that would feel worse.

I hovered at one weight, plus or minus a pound, for almost three weeks and I know the feeling. But then it did go whoosh to the tune of -7 pounds and I now know that I have to outlive and overcome those frustrations and stop stomping my little feet...it will happen if you hang in there.

My salvation - pickles and toothpaste - no, not together! When the hungries hit, I munch on a pickle to hit the sour taste to wipe out thoughts of sweet. Then I go brush my teeth really well. That helps cleanse out the feelings for sweets, and I also hate eating on just cleaned teeth, what a waste!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #36  
Diane on track July 2014

Pickles and toothpaste! That made me laugh out loud but it's a great strategy!! I
Old 06-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #37  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Wow pishposh! Look at how much you have lost already! Way to go, Girl!!
Think how good you will feel when you hit your goal - all that hard work will pay off!
If it takes pickles & toothpaste, go for it!
Made me laugh too, Schenectady. I use the pickles - will add toothpaste
Old 06-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Finally feeling better!!! Yay!! I don't think the stone passed, maybe it's in my bladder now? I don't know but I'm feeling sooooo much better today!!!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #39  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Finally feeling better!!! Yay!! I don't think the stone passed, maybe it's in my bladder now? I don't know but I'm feeling sooooo much better today!!!
Phew! So glad! What a nightmare you've been through!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #40  
Diane on track July 2014

Taking a painting break to check up on you guys. My house is gonna look so great I won't want to sell it! LOL...
Old 06-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 157/134.5/125

Height: 5'1"

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed today. I am a sun-lover and live near the beach. I had melanoma last fall and now I have to be careful in the sun. I don't want to be careful. I'm feeling like a spoiled child with the "you're not the boss of me" attitude. I haven't been eating as much as IP calls for all week, no meat/chix etc. and no veggies. Sometimes when I say something out loud it makes me accountable. I plan to start eating as the program is laid out starting in the AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Seriously struggling today. Just when I think I've got this diet down, something happens and I get so discouraged. It helps so much to come here and read all the encouraging post.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #43  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Pishposh -- you are over half way to your goal already! A pound down -- no matter how long it takes -- is a pound in the right direction. You are not "doomed to be fat" -- You are "destined to be delicious" !
Stick to it -- one day at a time!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
GREAT decision, pishposh! Anything other than that may provide temporary satisfaction, but then you may be in a position where you lose even that frustrating and hovering 192 - that would feel worse.

I hovered at one weight, plus or minus a pound, for almost three weeks and I know the feeling. But then it did go whoosh to the tune of -7 pounds and I now know that I have to outlive and overcome those frustrations and stop stomping my little feet...it will happen if you hang in there.

My salvation - pickles and toothpaste - no, not together! When the hungries hit, I munch on a pickle to hit the sour taste to wipe out thoughts of sweet. Then I go brush my teeth really well. That helps cleanse out the feelings for sweets, and I also hate eating on just cleaned teeth, what a waste!
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post
Wow pishposh! Look at how much you have lost already! Way to go, Girl!!
Think how good you will feel when you hit your goal - all that hard work will pay off!
If it takes pickles & toothpaste, go for it!
Made me laugh too, Schenectady. I use the pickles - will add toothpaste
Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. Your comments and a nice afternoon lifted my mood. Spent the afternoon with my grandmother for her birthday and visited a local winery. I skipped the tasting and took a stroll in the beautiful weather between the grape vines. Then we went to dinner at a little country farm restaurant and they had a special menu called "Ideal Weight Loss Menu" with everything totally on plan! I didn't ask but I have to think that it was developed somewhat with IP in mind. All of the protein was specified as 8 oz and came with a grilled vegetable medley with all OP veggies (broccoli, zucchini, green peppers, cauliflower) which is sort of an odd combo for a restaurant if you think about it. Had a delicious dinner and nice time visiting family. Ready to tackle the rest of the week. Now...off to brush my teeth for dessert.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:17 PM   #44  
Diane on track July 2014

Sometimes I think we get just what we need when we need it. You were feeling down and someone created a menu just for you -- just to show you that "the real world" is supporting your choice.
I think you need to hang out at the winery more often! LOL

I am as speckled as a trout -- paint dots everywhere. Is there any on the wall??
Old 06-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #45  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

So I start a part time summer job tomorrow... bartending lol, it's what I did before I was a teacher. Mostly I'll be working two days a week during the day, but this week I have to work a few nights. Even straight in for a big event Saturday! Good thing I did this for ten years lol. Glad to have a part time job that worked out, just nervous about being up so late on IP, 3 am is a long way into the night, I might have to add a snack.
Closed Thread