Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily Chat Wednesday 6/25/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Amber, I am so proud of you for staying strong in the midst of heartache. I hope you feel proud of staying OP! One foot in front of the other and keep checking in here - we are all supporting you!

Kelly, I hope you have had at least a little bit of relief from your pain.

Today I have a meeting first thing, then a chiropractor appointment, and then have to head over to the hospital to see a church member that was admitted yesterday.
Then I have to do something that is hard for me - I have to cancel a planned short trip with a friend/co-worker because it will simply be too complicated to stay OP while we are gone and I would just not enjoy myself at all. I know my friend will understand but I feel bad that I got caught up in the idea of going before I thought through the logistics and now have to deliver disappointing news. I brought this on myself and I have to be a big girl and be honest about why I can't go. I spend so much time doing and caring for others that I am uncomfortable with standing up for what I need for myself. But I will do it.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Then I have to do something that is hard for me - I have to cancel a planned short trip with a friend/co-worker because it will simply be too complicated to stay OP while we are gone and I would just not enjoy myself at all. I know my friend will understand but I feel bad that I got caught up in the idea of going before I thought through the logistics and now have to deliver disappointing news. I brought this on myself and I have to be a big girl and be honest about why I can't go. I spend so much time doing and caring for others that I am uncomfortable with standing up for what I need for myself. But I will do it.
GraceRev - one of the things I discovered is that as I lost weight, I became more sure of myself. I think spending so much of my adult life obese, I wanted so much to please everyone - I think I was just wanting acceptance. As months have gone on, I find that my temperament is more even, I think things through less emotionally.

If you know your mind on this trip, then your decision is fine and I am sure your friend will understand. You know yourself better than anyone and you know your ability to withstand food challenges.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #4  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Happy Wednesday everyone!
Amber, I am so proud of you for staying strong in the midst of heartache. I hope you feel proud of staying OP! One foot in front of the other and keep checking in here - we are all supporting you!

Kelly, I hope you have had at least a little bit of relief from your pain.

Today I have a meeting first thing, then a chiropractor appointment, and then have to head over to the hospital to see a church member that was admitted yesterday.
I have turned down quit a few invites tongo places with BF since starting IP. Sometimes it's just easier and not worth the headache of figuring the food thing out or being exposed to temptations. He doesn't understand but I have to do whats right for me right now.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! I wasn't able to post while on vacation for some reason but was able to read everything, thank goodness!

I followed low carb while on my trip like my coach recommended. I tried to loosely follow phase 4 rules as well as I understand them anyway. I am soooo excited to say I maintained my weight

I am ready to hit P1 again hard and keep on losing! But even more importantly, I feel like I will actually be able to maintain my weight loss once I reach goal. I was always skeptical before. But now, I got this
Old 06-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

NASHUA NUTRITION FREE SHIPPING TODAY

(on orders over $49). Use code TODAY49 (case sensitive).

Canadian orders -save $15 toward shipping on orders over $49. Use code TODAY15 (case sensitive)

Happy Shopping!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

Morning All! Had my second WI on yesterday. Nothing stellar but baby steps nonetheless 1.2 lbs and about 1in. lost. I had a few "hiccups" last week (less water and not eating enough) so I contribute my lack of more success to that. However, I am still in the game and more determined than ever. My coworkers and church members have already commented on the fact that I "look like" I'm losing weight. So thats a NSV and helps me to stay motivated.
I received another source of motivation from my husband last night. He said if I get down to 130 he would stop smoking! We debated about that weight as I feel it may be too small. I was aiming for 140 or 150 initially to see how I liked it. However he seems to be stuck on that "magic number". Sooo we will see how this goes. It would be awesome if I could get that low. But again baby steps!
So with this new found determination, I have committed myself to being as close to 100% OP as possible. That being said, I need to add the supplements. Since I am doing IP with alternatives I would like to know what some of you take over the counter.(I know there is a post or thread about it somewhere) and in your opinion do they make a difference in your weight loss? Also any suggestions or tips to help boost my weight loss is appreciated. I keep reminded myself one day at time and to not focus on the scale but my overall body. But it so much fun to see the numbers decrease as well.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Mini celebration today - I entered the 170's for the first time in forever! This victory is extra sweet because it follows a visit home from our son and a road trip, during which all of it I did not allow myself to stray.

On the long drive home (5 hours) from taking him back to college, I munched on a big already prepared salad - leaving out the dressing, cheese, croutons. Lots of water, lots of quick rest stops where they exist between loooonnnnggg stretches of empty highway.

Now I am headed for the -100 mark on IP (have hit -119 since start). Eight more to go.....
Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
GraceRev I was just having a conversation with my husband about this last night. We have a mini vacation coming up to Six Flags over GA and I have a work conference in New Orleans next month. I was trying to figure out how I was going to be able stay OP during this time. I'm going to do my best. However, if I have to modify I will try to do as little as possible or look one of the other phase to see how to keep additions in moderation. Haven't worked it all out yet but I hope to figure something out by then.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #10  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello IP people!

I am returning after an almost two year hiatus. My previous screen name was Goalfor40- I wasn't a heavy poster but some may remember me from the second half of 2012. I've seen some names that I recognize as I've been clicking around the board. Since I am now 42, I thought it was time to admit that I did not achieve my goal by 40 and pick a new SN!

I did Alternative IP starting in Aug 2012. By Christmas I had lost 50 pounds, the most I had ever lost. I went off track for the holidays but kept most of the weight off and still felt in control of my food choices. In Februrary I decided it was time to get back on the horse, started the plan, and the next day discovered I was pregnant. I was thrilled!!! However, the pregnancy ended in miscarriage, which totally sent me off the rails and back to all of my old horrible habits. Then in July I had a second miscarriage, which just sent me into deeper despair. 2013 was not a great year.

So, long story short- here I am almost two years to the day that I started IP the first time, weighing even more than I weighed then. I am trying very hard to set aside my frustration and move forward with IP. It is truly the only thing that has ever worked for me, and even though I didn't see it through to my goal weight, I am so anxious to get back to where I was when I was losing. Pardon the pun, I want it so bad that I feel like I can taste it.

Thanks for letting me do my intro here- this board helped me immensely last time, glad to be back and look forward to supporting everyone through this journey.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #11  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
Hello IP people!

I am returning after an almost two year hiatus. My previous screen name was Goalfor40- I wasn't a heavy poster but some may remember me from the second half of 2012. I've seen some names that I recognize as I've been clicking around the board. Since I am now 42, I thought it was time to admit that I did not achieve my goal by 40 and pick a new SN!

I did Alternative IP starting in Aug 2012. By Christmas I had lost 50 pounds, the most I had ever lost. I went off track for the holidays but kept most of the weight off and still felt in control of my food choices. In Februrary I decided it was time to get back on the horse, started the plan, and the next day discovered I was pregnant. I was thrilled!!! However, the pregnancy ended in miscarriage, which totally sent me off the rails and back to all of my old horrible habits. Then in July I had a second miscarriage, which just sent me into deeper despair. 2013 was not a great year.

So, long story short- here I am almost two years to the day that I started IP the first time, weighing even more than I weighed then. I am trying very hard to set aside my frustration and move forward with IP. It is truly the only thing that has ever worked for me, and even though I didn't see it through to my goal weight, I am so anxious to get back to where I was when I was losing. Pardon the pun, I want it so bad that I feel like I can taste it.

Thanks for letting me do my intro here- this board helped me immensely last time, glad to be back and look forward to supporting everyone through this journey.
Hi there and welcome back! I'm a new in April 2014 here, this is DEFINITELY the place to be for support. I'm so very, very sorry to hear about your losses. I had a stillborn baby in 2010...and it was my gateway into emotional eating. Just getting back in control of it now. It feels so good to be eating for my health now and now to stuff my feelings.

Welcome again....you can do this!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #12  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Schnectady...congrats on your new goal! You are doing amazing!!!!

GraceRev...it sounds like you are going what is best for you. Hooray for putting yourself first!

Onto my weigh-in....bummer....scale only shows .8 pounds down today. But, it's my TOM and my scale does seem to weigh more than the coach scale does. Well, I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that my losses are going to slow getting closer to goal. However, I really am considering lowering my goal to 130 to account for introduction to carbs again. Any advice from other near goal or maintainers? Trying to stay positive and stick to to the program right now

Last day of swimming lessons for my kiddos here...yay and boo at the same time!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #13  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Hi there and welcome back! I'm a new in April 2014 here, this is DEFINITELY the place to be for support. I'm so very, very sorry to hear about your losses. I had a stillborn baby in 2010...and it was my gateway into emotional eating. Just getting back in control of it now. It feels so good to be eating for my health now and now to stuff my feelings.

Welcome again....you can do this!!!!!!!
Thank you- so sorry to hear about your loss, I can't even imagine what you went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Mini celebration today - I entered the 170's for the first time in forever! This victory is extra sweet because it follows a visit home from our son and a road trip, during which all of it I did not allow myself to stray.
I missed this the first read through- way to go, you are inspiring. Almost at the century mark!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

hey yall...crazy week at work. we hired a new office manager/bookkeeper and my coworker/project manager is on vacation! I'm swamped! Just popped in to let yall know i'm thinking about every single one of you and your journeys!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Had my official clinic weigh in and was down 1.2 lbs while on vacation.
Closed Thread