Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #16  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default Non scale victory!

There were two things that I convinced myself that I did not have. One is abs (still have yet to be seen) the other WILL POWER. I continually surprise myself these past three weeks with my stick-to-it-ness. For this I give myself a big pat on the back.

My daughter and I attended a SF Giants game last night and it was my first game without a beer and hot dog. I did fine! The only annoyance was when the lady sat down next to me with a steaming pile of garlic fries. The smell was intoxicating. But I did not break.

I start week four today. I have to weight in tonight completely menstrual to the max tonight (double whammy, PMS and evening weight) and I don't feel too worried about it because I know that next week will feel much better. I am in this for the long haul.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I had goals, but I tried not to make them time limited - kind of felt like setting myself up for failure. Since we lose weight at sometimes odd rates, I didn't want to feel like I was doing something wrong if I didn't hit a certain weight by a certain date.

Instead I set up goals like lose 20 pounds, weigh less than my drivers license says I do, weigh less than dh, hit 100 lbs down, etc., etc. I think little goals worked better for me - losing 120 lbs seemed like an overwhelming task but do it in smaller increments was totally doable!
WISE WORDS
Old 06-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
OK...I'm posting here instead of grabbing a donut (well, don't actually HAVE a donut at my house)...BUT we have oreos and Hershey bars in our fridge (ack...husbands!). I am working on a new website for my work and banged out a lovely page this am. When I typed in 'save draft'...it erased ALL the work I did.

Gaaaaaaaaaaah! What makes me the most frustrated is that this was a tricky page for my new clients, and I thought very long and hard about how I wanted to word my schedule and availability - since parents may have to pull kids out of school to see me.

No getting it back...must've been a cruddy internet snafu.

OK....and while I'm de-stressing on here. I'll spill that I am BEYOND stressed because I am switching billing companies and am getting the run-around from my new one (uh-oh...not a good sign). This is how I get PAID, so it is freaking me out that I am behind in getting my charges in to insurance.

Old Eve would head for McDonald's or Starbucks for a sugar-laden chocolate coffee drink. New Eve will complain on here and then grab an EAS shake with some instant coffee before heading off to swim lessons (since I haven't had my breakfast yet).

Still wish I hadn't wasted two hours this morning on cyber-dust!!!!!!!!!!
SORRY for your cyber loss BUT CONGRATS on coming on here to VENT and 'step back from the donuts' hahahha
Old 06-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #19  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
OK, I have a doctor apt at 11 today. I cannot take this pain any longer.
I'm thinking that I pulled a muscle in my back or something? I don't know how though, I haven't done anything strenuous. It hurts to sit, stand, lay down. It hurts!!!

Sorry, I just needed someone to whine too!!!!
Let us know how it goes. I had a back spasm issue a few weeks ago that was worse than any kidney stone but I could barely move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
There were two things that I convinced myself that I did not have. One is abs (still have yet to be seen) the other WILL POWER. I continually surprise myself these past three weeks with my stick-to-it-ness. For this I give myself a big pat on the back.

My daughter and I attended a SF Giants game last night and it was my first game without a beer and hot dog. I did fine! The only annoyance was when the lady sat down next to me with a steaming pile of garlic fries. The smell was intoxicating. But I did not break.

I start week four today. I have to weight in tonight completely menstrual to the max tonight (double whammy, PMS and evening weight) and I don't feel too worried about it because I know that next week will feel much better. I am in this for the long haul.
Ooh fries....I haven't broken either and it definitely helps when the person eating is of the body type that would benefit from not eating them. Of it is a skinny person I just tell myself that they are on their fun day and I will get those too soon. The head games we play!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #20  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

I think I have an ulcer. Ugh. I've had upper stomach pain for 24 hours. It's not severe where I have to rush myself to the dr, just constant and irritating. It makes me not want to eat. Or I should say, I think I should eat, but once I start I can't finish. Guess I should swing by and buy some Zantac.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Back from vacation and stayed OP the whole time! Had a bit of trouble getting all my water in, even though my daughter kept telling me the whole time, "Are you drinking your water". What a champ she was finding me a bathroom constantly. I found that it was easier to do my puddings/shaker bottle in the morning in the hotel room and then carry my EAS Shake and veggies for lunches and Quest bar for snack in a soft sided cooler with some freezer blocks. Eating out was not a problem and I gained some confidence about ordering food at restaurants. I didn't loose any last week but I didn't gain any either. To me, that's a win. Also, I went for my first bike ride in over 20 years with my daughter by the ocean. It was fabulous. I never would have done that if I hadn't lost this much weight. We went for several bike rides and it's true, you don't forget. Maybe the basics, but I had a little trouble trying to stay upright and shift at the same time.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #22  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

One day at a time, today I'm determined to get back OP, the break up was is devastating, I was blind sided and it was completely unexpected. I didn't turn to food, but I did have to force myself to eat anything the last few days, and I did go out for drinks with a friend who came and drug me out of my bed. My weight has remained the same, I am still in onederland. I am determined to lose this weight. I am trying really hard not to let a break up sabotage me, it won't food wise but it will drinking wise if I'm not careful. Drinking is how I handle this situation, and honestly it's how I want to handle this situation. Spend a few days drinking and I will quickly forget about him. But I'm trying not too.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #23  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
One day at a time, today I'm determined to get back OP, the break up was is devastating, I was blind sided and it was completely unexpected. I didn't turn to food, but I did have to force myself to eat anything the last few days, and I did go out for drinks with a friend who came and drug me out of my bed. My weight has remained the same, I am still in onederland. I am determined to lose this weight. I am trying really hard not to let a break up sabotage me, it won't food wise but it will drinking wise if I'm not careful. Drinking is how I handle this situation, and honestly it's how I want to handle this situation. Spend a few days drinking and I will quickly forget about him. But I'm trying not too.
I hear you on the drinking thing. Drinking always turns to eating for me though. I find myself over eating when I drink. I say "Don't give him the power" to ruin what you have accomplished.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I hear you on the drinking thing. Drinking always turns to eating for me though. I find myself over eating when I drink. I say "Don't give him the power" to ruin what you have accomplished.
I agree 100% with Jemma - don't let him ruin what you've accomplished. You are doing this for you. To be healthier, to feel better about yourself, to set a good example for your kids - whatever your reasons, they are about you. I won't tell you not to drink because that'd be a bit hypocritical, just be careful it doesn't lead you to sabotage all the work you've done so far. It's more important now than ever to take good care of yourself and IP is a big part of that. Eat what you can, don't beat yourself up about what you can't right now. Maybe next time your friend comes to drag you out of bed, you guys can go for a short walk or something. Exercise can help you feel better sometimes.

We're all thinking about you. Broken hearts suck. I'm sorry
Old 06-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #25  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I agree 100% with Jemma - don't let him ruin what you've accomplished. You are doing this for you. To be healthier, to feel better about yourself, to set a good example for your kids - whatever your reasons, they are about you. I won't tell you not to drink because that'd be a bit hypocritical, just be careful it doesn't lead you to sabotage all the work you've done so far. It's more important now than ever to take good care of yourself and IP is a big part of that. Eat what you can, don't beat yourself up about what you can't right now. Maybe next time your friend comes to drag you out of bed, you guys can go for a short walk or something. Exercise can help you feel better sometimes.

We're all thinking about you. Broken hearts suck. I'm sorry
thanks ladies. Fortunately I'm not an eater when I drink, I do know what you mean though I have lot's of friends who enjoy convenience store burritos lol. I am trying to be careful. I didn't get divorced but it's kind of like the divorce diet with the ip lol, I know I know I can't have both but it's funny. I lost 20lbs when I got divorced that I actually kept off, but I am not sure how this one's going to work out. I have a lot of willpower, my friends and I are walking and doing yoga but not all of my friends are like that. My best friend is a guy, he works on an oil rig and when he comes back to town we drink, I've known him for 13 years, right now he is out of town I'm hoping I've regained my strength when he gets so I don't go out of control. Taking my kids to the circus today, got up and cleaned my bathroom, my yard, and my kitchen... gotta get back to me.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #26  

Quote:
thanks ladies. Fortunately I'm not an eater when I drink, I do know what you mean though I have lot's of friends who enjoy convenience store burritos lol. I am trying to be careful. I didn't get divorced but it's kind of like the divorce diet with the ip lol, I know I know I can't have both but it's funny. I lost 20lbs when I got divorced that I actually kept off, but I am not sure how this one's going to work out. I have a lot of willpower, my friends and I are walking and doing yoga but not all of my friends are like that. My best friend is a guy, he works on an oil rig and when he comes back to town we drink, I've known him for 13 years, right now he is out of town I'm hoping I've regained my strength when he gets so I don't go out of control. Taking my kids to the circus today, got up and cleaned my bathroom, my yard, and my kitchen... gotta get back to me.
Take it one day at a time it is hard at this time but it will get better. Thoughts are with you

Have not been 100% last 2 months have not gained, just keep same 5 pounds up down. Today recommitted to be 100%, has gone well today, hard time for me is when I go home and in evening. but have alot more to loss and need to get it done. Have had alot of stress at work, starting to calm down but have to learn and work on it not to affect my eating. All of you are a great support, love reading the forum, had gotten away from that also so back. Back to work
Old 06-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Well I just got back from the doctor. She thinks it's my back but wanted to take an xray of my kidneys to be on the safe side. Gave me a shot in my hip, put me on a steroid pack (hope I don't gain weight!!!), flexeril, and tramadol. I have to have an MRI done also. She told me to go home after my xrays because the shot might make me sleepy. But no chance of that, I am back at work. Shot hasn't helped any, still hurt like the dickens!

I can handle the pain, I just want to make sure it's not something that needs to be taken care of!

Amber- you are in my thoughts! Sending warm wishes your way!!! I totally get what you are saying about wanting to drink, that's how I cope also!! sorry, not very encouraging am I?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #28  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Amber...hang in there, girl!

Kelly....take it easy and take care of yourself! Back pain is awful!!!! I pinched a nerve in my neck many years ago and was on muscle relaxers and pain killers until I felt spiders crawling up my legs (not. good.). I went to a highly recommended chiropracter and got my life back with no meds. I realize that this is not for everyone...but just a thought especially when docs start pulling out the heavy meds.

OK...had to post this because I am IN LOVE! My local supermarket is carrying Quest Bars now (they are more expensive than the supplement store...but they are SUPER fresh and soft and that's worth $.70 moore IMO).

Today, I made myself a little treat using the cinnamon roll Quest Bar. Smash it down and cut it long ways with a pizza cutter. Rolled them up just like a cinnamon roll and then spoon WF maple syrup on them. Put them in my toaster oven and heated on 300F until they just started browning. VOILA...IP sticky buns!!!! They were a delicious treat....and so easy!

ENJOY!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #29  

Day 5 for me. First I want to say to all of you that I am cheering you on with all of your wins and losses. For those of you who might need to hear it, you have inspired me...stay strong. Congrats to those who have been succeeding. Today was hard. I guess this is the irritability they talked about. I had another party to go to today but decided it was too much for me to resist the way I am feeling today. Other than feeling a bit down and tired, things have gone well. 1st WI Friday. So far, so good. Thank you to all who have taken the time to show their support.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #30  
AmberLS

Having a much better day. I managed to "choke" down my IP lunch, and have gotten all my water in. LOL I have never had problems eating OP but the stress is making me not want to eat at all. Maybe some healthy foods will make me feel better, time to go do yoga! I know that will help.
Closed Thread