Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdunham View Post
i too would like to just put clothes on like a "normal" person!!!! stay calm while college duties are accomplished---question: are you from schenectady? just wondering because i am from Latham
I was born and lived there - my father was with General Electric. Have not been back for decades.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
schenectady, I am so proud of you!!! And I don't even know you. Way to stick with it. I started noticing you because we were about the same weight at the start. My journey has just begun and you are so close to your goal. I have been secretly using you as a mentor, saying to myself "next year I can be in HER shoes (or should I say pant size). I am at the point right now where I have sized myself out of running into stores to buy clothes off the rack or even worse a swimsuit. I have to think that this is just temporary.
Lala - to be honest, I NEVER thought I could done what I have done so far, but I was just at the end of my rope! The weight came off pretty rapidly at first, enough to get me revved up about the program. I had two major slip ups where I was off the program for quite a while because I could not kick myself back into the same mind set.

So, hang in there, be 100% OP as much as you can. It gets to be addictive after a while, seeing how much further I can go. I am essentially at my college weight of many, many years ago. My husband has never seen me before at this weight. Now I am going for my high school weight.

I am staving off complacency by donating my clothes the second there is any extra give in them. I want to barely fit into what I am wearing so that I am always conscious of my body and what I am putting in to it. So far that has been the biggest motivation I have.

Thanks you for your very kind words and support - no matter how close we may be, we still struggle, every single day, and will forever. This is a life long disease....
Old 06-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #33  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

QUESTION for the Day............... I was very physically active yesterday I for about 2 1/2 hours scrapped my path up to my Dog Boarding kennel.. IE I used a big floor scrapper to dig and scrape the gravel back and forth about 3 to 4 inches deep to kill all the ugly weeds that were growing on the path Dannylions etc... then I helped significant other dig down into the ground and place concrete blocks down to relevel the deck.. We then went from 4 to 7 to the Midnight sun street fair and from 7 to 9 to the Baseball game ...I refraned from eating off plan had cucumers and chicken for supper with me........but after getting home I was starving hungry so ate a Quest bar and an egg and some egg whites fried in non stick pan.....BUT againt oday I am starving hungry and have alrady eaten my 2 cups of cucumber I know that only just the packet for lunch is not even going to put a dent in my appetite...........Do I just try to fill up on lettuce or ????????????
Old 06-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

If you havent seen the new sheets for P1 yet, they are listing cucumber as unlimited now. I think you could certainly eat more veggies to fill up.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #35  
AlaskaLadyie

Thank you CO 6.............. I am doing this on my own with mostly alternatives from Nashua and some IP packets I bought on Ebay and from a friend here at work who is on the Diet but bought stuff she did not like.. So no Coach to ask question so I am very thankful for all of you here on the forum
Thank you
Old 06-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #36  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Yes I notice this...which STINKS since I also notice this issue every TOM...two times a month...no fair! I often get cysts on my ovaries, and notice my weight will stay the same or up a little when I'm feeling a rather big (yeouch!).
Glad you mentioned this. I have PCOS and never thought that cysts etc would affect the weight loss but I know inflammation retains water etc. It's something I'll keep a closer eye on too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Have fun at VBS! My kids are going to a sister church of ours later this week...they are really excited because this particular church had "tracks" the kids could choose (like science, cooking, art...). Interested to see how they weave bibical lessons into these. My church is doing a "secret agent" one later this summer.
Hey, I think you can weave the bible into anything. Jesus walked on water and his disciples fished, so fishing and a day at the beach would totally fit in after some good stories He also turned water into wine, but that's for the teachers at the end of the day! (no disrespect intended btw....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well I'm no longer in a long distance relationship.:'(
You know for all of us posters there are a lot of others too, sending cyberhugs to you. This is a tough situation and you have a right to grieve, and a right to be angry... and all the other things you're feeling. But as someone here wisely said, look after you. It may be hard to eat, but try to get a shake in with some veggies in it or something and resist that urge to turn to food for comfort that many of us have. We're here any time of the day or night if you need to chat. If you need to message me (or anyone I'm sure) feel free

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
Thank you CO 6.............. I am doing this on my own with mostly alternatives from Nashua and some IP packets I bought on Ebay and from a friend here at work who is on the Diet but bought stuff she did not like.. So no Coach to ask question so I am very thankful for all of you here on the forum
Thank you
You WAAAAYYY exerted yourself and for sure can have an extra pack. If it were me though, and you feel starving, I'd go for a super huge omelette -- all the eggs possible and veggies, or cut back on the eggs and put some meat in as well. You'll feel fuller than those cucumbers sound! LOL
Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 PM   #37  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
My lower back started aching last night, I took a bath and went to bed, when I woke up this morning it hurt like heck to get out of bed, I could barely towel off after showering and putting on my shoes was he$$!! I sit most of the day at work and I can't get comfortable, IT HURTS!! I guess I will go to the er if it doesn't get better. I had a back ache like this right before I started IP and I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my pelvis, worst pain I ever felt!! Come morning I was fine. That's what makes me think this is kidney stones. I just wasn't sure if IP could cause or aggravate kidney stones...

Yes, it feels just like that except it hasn't wrapped around to the groin yet. I don't think I pulled anything.... I was at my grand daughters birthday party yesterday, came home and when I was cooking dinner it started to feel achy.... I took a bath and sat on the couch to watch TV with DH and it increased, I finally went to bed. :
My urologist has told me to prevent stones I do not need to modify my diet or avoid certain foods as long as I drink a lot of water to keep flushing the kidneys. (That was after I had surgery to remove the 10mm stone I had in my kidney) However twice when I have had stones I had just started a new diet and increased my water intake so I think I knocked one lose. Water was not a regular thing for me.

Stones take a long time to form so IP likely didn't cause it but some research does talk about many of the things we eat could cause them.

As previously mentioned the other person who answered, it only hurts while it's moving, then you have to watch for it to pass as it can block the tube. You can really only see where it is or if you really have one with imaging. But the contraction that never ends is a perfect description. After my surgery, I passed 12 stones at once (left over from the breakup of the bigger stone) I did it without pain medication so it can be done, I just wouldn't recommend it.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Kelly, do you have a gallbladder? Gallbladder attack? Mine was all back pain.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
If you havent seen the new sheets for P1 yet, they are listing cucumber as unlimited now. I think you could certainly eat more veggies to fill up.
Just for clarity for those who may not have seen the posts...

It was determined that those "new" sheets are NOT IP released yet. They are in testing at a few places. Best to stay with the sheets you were using and wait yo see what IP releases later this year!

However, when one has done a lot of physical work as mentioned in a previous post, it is strongly recommended to have an additional packet w/in a half hour of finishing... Just like one would do after exercise.

Last edited by JLUS; 06-23-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #40  
Diane on track July 2014

Well I am feeling very blessed today when I hear about some of the pain you all are in -- emotional and physical. My heart is going out for those going through issues right now.
I have never (knock on wood) had any kind of stones. It makes the hair that is going to fall out next month seem a small issue to deal with (Let's hope this time around the hair loss is not a problem for me... The only thing that hurts about the hair loss is my pride and vanity )

It's proof again how wonderful this forum is however. When you are able to talk to others who have gone through similar experiences, it really is a valuable thing.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #41  
AlaskaLadyie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Just for clarity for those who may not have seen the posts...

It was determined that those "new" sheets are NOT IP released yet. They are in testing at a few places. Best to stay with the sheets you were using and wait yo see what IP releases later this year!

However, when one has done a lot of physical work as mentioned in a previous post, it is strongly recommended to have an additional packet w/in a half hour of finishing... Just like one would do after exercise.
Thank you Since I have never saw the sheets I guess I am in the dark on what is on them... I did eat lunch after by big exertion yesterday and ate chicken and cucumber for supper I was ok until we got home later...then I knew I would never sleep if I did not eat something as I was feeling starved.... do any of the rest of you do heavy physical labor while on this diet??
Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #42  
AlaskaLadyie

You WAAAAYYY exerted yourself and for sure can have an extra pack. If it were me though, and you feel starving, I'd go for a super huge omelette -- all the eggs possible and veggies, or cut back on the eggs and put some meat in as well. You'll feel fuller than those cucumbers sound! LOL[/QUOTE]

Thank I guess I mostly wanted to know if eating the extra eggs was an ok thing to do.... Guess I was toooo hungry to thing of adding veggies to my eggs... The scale showed an up 2# this morning but I sort of figured that was muscle water weight even though I drank all my water and then some I will hope the scale goes down Tomorrow morning ........Feel so Blessed to have all of u here for advise Thank you
Old 06-23-2014, 08:52 PM   #43  

AmberLS - I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'm praying for you and your kiddos. Please be gentle with yourself in the days ahead but also be sure to try to get your minimum amounts of food and water in so you maintain your strength and don't throw your system out of whack.

Kelly - I have never had stones of any sort, so I don't have any advice to add to the voices of experience you have already heard. I pray that your pain eases and you don't have to go to the ER.

It was a good start to VBS (only 4 days left, and I'm sure several of our teachers will be more than ready for some vino when it's all over, lol). I m finally feeling better so I hope that the worst discomfort from TOM is over.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #44  
Diane on track July 2014

Glad day 1 is over for you GraceRev. It's so important that kids have positive camp experiences of whatever kind of camp they go to. I'm sure your teachers have amazing things on the go, but for now, or in future, if you ever need "ideas", there seem to be a lot of teachers on this forum. Making positive learning experiences are what we do, so never hesitate to ask for help/ideas
Old 06-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #45  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
You WAAAAYYY exerted yourself and for sure can have an extra pack. If it were me though, and you feel starving, I'd go for a super huge omelette -- all the eggs possible and veggies, or cut back on the eggs and put some meat in as well. You'll feel fuller than those cucumbers sound! LOL

Thank I guess I mostly wanted to know if eating the extra eggs was an ok thing to do.... Guess I was toooo hungry to thing of adding veggies to my eggs... The scale showed an up 2# this morning but I sort of figured that was muscle water weight even though I drank all my water and then some I will hope the scale goes down Tomorrow morning ........Feel so Blessed to have all of u here for advise Thank you
Technical point for new posters -- if you make sure to leave all the [quote and bracket words in, then that is how you get the posts to show in a grey box -- saves you having to bold or try to figure out the original post vs. the response... hope that is helpful

I do agree that your gain is probably due to water retention for your muscles. It's why strenuous working out is discouraged (as well as the fact that we are eating so few calories, that you can't be burnin' them all up with all that work! )

Last edited by IP43; 06-23-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Closed Thread