Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

I've been trying to think of a way to jazz up my EAS RTD & premier protein shakes. So I'm going to attempt to make a premier vanilla protein "milk"shake (it's 30g of protein, splitting it) with ice and WF chocolate syrup blended up.

I'm trying to get away from depending on my chocolate peanut bar at night. I do love my "dessert" in the evening so this would be a good unrestricted sweet treat if it works!
Old 06-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/234/159

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I transitioned into IP without any problems. But if I do push off my meal I will lose it for silly reasons. I gave them all permission to ask me if I'm hungry. If I get busy with housework I won't stop even when I really need to. And every month or so, I do crash and sleep a lot. But most of the time I am full of energy
Thanks...that's a good tip. I know it about my kids...that they are snappy when they are hungry, but I never think that I do that. I always think I'm snappy because I'm sick of doing stupid housework..ha
Old 06-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #18  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Talking Like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Mom View Post
Wish there was a like button!
I to miss the LIKE Button ... on the hCG forum site there is a like button and on Facebook ... wish they would add one to this site too
Old 06-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #19  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I transitioned into IP without any problems. But if I do push off my meal I will lose it for silly reasons. I gave them all permission to ask me if I'm hungry. If I get busy with housework I won't stop even when I really need to. And every month or so, I do crash and sleep a lot. But most of the time I am full of energy
This quote reminded me of some ads we have in Canada for a chocolate bar. There is a famous person in the ad acting really weird (like Robin Williams) and the friend says "Here - eat this Snickers Chocolate Bar -- you're not yourself when you're hungry". As soon as the person eats it, they turn back into their regular self from the "crazy person" they were 2 minutes ago...
Old 06-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #20  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Woke up with a bad headache but only on the left side of my brain so I will only use the right side today lol. Gonna go to a local car show and maybe take the girls swimming if they'd quit beating each other!!!! Maybe 20 months apart was too close, I didn't think things through... too late now since they are 4 1/2 and 6 lol.... whoa is me I guess... right now they are beating each other with barbies and monster high dolls. Needless to say I'm losing my patience
Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #21  
Diane on track July 2014

Amber, my boys are 18 months apart. The good news is they always like the same things and are in the same "stage" so they will always play well together -- when they are not fighting! The bad news is that it makes every stage, from diapers to Dora, a "really long" stage. But you only do diapers and Dora once, instead of repeating that every few years

Edit: I just finished reading very practical and great (also funny) books on parenting that I wish I'd had earlier called "Honey I Wrecked the Kids" and "Ain't Misbehavin'
They're by Alison Schafer. Worth the read. It may be too late for me but there may be hope for yours still! If you want the "coles notes" version, let me know and I'll chat with you about the "4 things" you need to know about parenting

Last edited by IP43; 06-21-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #22  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I've been trying to think of a way to jazz up my EAS RTD & premier protein shakes. So I'm going to attempt to make a premier vanilla protein "milk"shake (it's 30g of protein, splitting it) with ice and WF chocolate syrup blended up.

I'm trying to get away from depending on my chocolate peanut bar at night. I do love my "dessert" in the evening so this would be a good unrestricted sweet treat if it works!
Let me know how it goes... I don't really like the EAS drinks but they sure are cheap so I choke them down, one every couple of days mixed in with my stuff from Nashua.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #23  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Amber, my boys are 18 months apart. The good news is they always like the same things and are in the same "stage" so they will always play well together -- when they are not fighting! The bad news is that it makes every stage, from diapers to Dora, a "really long" stage. But you only do diapers and Dora once, instead of repeating that every few years

Edit: I just finished reading very practical and great (also funny) books on parenting that I wish I'd had earlier called "Honey I Wrecked the Kids" and "Ain't Misbehavin'
They're by Alison Schafer. Worth the read. It may be too late for me but there may be hope for yours still! If you want the "coles notes" version, let me know and I'll chat with you about the "4 things" you need to know about parenting
I'd love the "coles notes" lol. I swear I feel like I'm living in a war zone. I do love that they are always into the same things however they are kind of like dogs... you know 2 dogs need 3 food bowls so they don't fight. Seriously I generally have to buy 2 of everything and they still fight even if they are the exact same thing color and all. My youngest has some behavior issues and anxiety problems so she is constantly beating on the older one. Honestly she's just down right meaner and tougher, but I feel bad for the older one cause she's always having to give in and give up or her sister literally beats on her. It's rough! I work with challenging kids with behavior issues at work all day, I give tons of tips and tricks for parents, but I'm thinking I should start shutting up cause they don't seem to work at my house. LOL I think summers hard because we have no routine but it's hard to keep some kind of routine when I don't have to work.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #24  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I was given permission to raid my sisters kale from her garden. It is beautiful leaves. Perfect for kale chips. I can't wait to get home and make some.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #25  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
This quote reminded me of some ads we have in Canada for a chocolate bar. There is a famous person in the ad acting really weird (like Robin Williams) and the friend says "Here - eat this Snickers Chocolate Bar -- you're not yourself when you're hungry". As soon as the person eats it, they turn back into their regular self from the "crazy person" they were 2 minutes ago...
I live in ontario too. Love those ads. I had a diabetic friend at work. You could totally tell when their bold sugar was getting low. Doesn't happen as often too me know in terms of grumpy but I do feel myself getting stupid close to meal time. I need to feed myself first it every one else's dinner will be a mess
Old 06-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #26  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I'd love the "coles notes" lol. I swear I feel like I'm living in a war zone..
Ah my friend Amber, these books are for you! "Coles notes" version is that all people (not just kids) have 4 needs: "The 4 Cs" (not the Big C).

We all need:

to feel connected: I need to believe I am accepted and that I belong (Misbehavior: When I don't feel connected, I well seek undue attention)

to feel capable: I need to believe I can do it! That I am competent and I can manage (Misbehavior: When I don't feel capable, I will seek power over others)

to feel counted: I need to believe I count for something, that my contributions make a difference. (Misbehavior: When I don't feel I count, I will seek revenge)

to feel courageous: I need to believe I can handle what comes (Misbehavior: When I don't feel courageous, I will seek to avoid = learned helplessness)

She encourages in the book "Honey I Wrecked the Kids", that you think about "why" your children are acting the way they are -- and they can't tell you so don't ask "why are you hitting your sister?" -- and then work on the behavior from a problem of understanding the unspoken reason for the behavior. I also love that she talks about these four "dances" we go through as parents, but she tells you how YOU feel when you are responding to them. By looking at how we, as adults, are reacting, we can more easily see which "need" our children are expressing.

In the "Ain't Misbehavin'" it is a Q/A format of specific examples of what kids do and how she suggests handling it.

They both are easy reads, and very funny, because for each example she gives realistic scenarios that you read and say "Oh yeah - that happens here every 5 minutes!..." It's nice to get some practical strategies to try for the madness we call life.

Final note: She also points out that "History was never made by anyone who was obedient" so just think of your kids as future world changers
Old 06-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #27  

Height: 5'3"

Oh. My. GOSH.

2 servings
1 premier protein vanilla shake (30g of protein, 160 calories)
2.5 tablespoons of WF chocolate syrup (if that much)
4-6 ice cubes

AND BLEND! It tastes so good!!! It is frothy and just delicious. This may not be ideal for most but my mother lives with me and is also doing IP so it works perfect for us. Small amount of shake to drink if you're like me and don't want to drink much in the evening but still want "dessert"!

I might make up a bigger batch and use it as a creamer, hmmm.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #28  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Had an event, so switching things up today. Had my 8 oz protein at lunch w 2c veggies. Planning on having IP snack later in the day and then 2 c veggies and IP pack. Sound right?

Also, whenever I am full, I feel like I have cheated and worry that I ate off-plan, even when I know I didn't. Weird, huh?
Old 06-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #29  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
Oh. My. GOSH.

2 servings
1 premier protein vanilla shake (30g of protein, 160 calories)
2.5 tablespoons of WF chocolate syrup (if that much)
4-6 ice cubes

AND BLEND! It tastes so good!!! It is frothy and just delicious. This may not be ideal for most but my mother lives with me and is also doing IP so it works perfect for us. Small amount of shake to drink if you're like me and don't want to drink much in the evening but still want "dessert"!

I might make up a bigger batch and use it as a creamer, hmmm.
It's perfect to share with your mom! I find when I leave some shake "for later" it's just never as good to reblend so ENJOY!
Old 06-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #30  
Diane on track July 2014

I LOVE Pinterest but they just gave me suggestions called "all the ways to cook with greens" which included:
--dandelion greens with mustard vinaigrette... (are Dandylion greens on the sheet?)
-- grilled romaine hearts
-- grilled kale caesar salad

who woulda thunk to BBQ lettuce and the weeds in my lawn??.... So for those of you getting "bored" with sameo-sameo, there are a few new things to try!
Closed Thread