Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
It's really, really important to get all 3 IP packs in a day - IP is low calorie enough without skipping anything. Your body needs fuel to run. If you are having problems because you aren't hungry, maybe try the jelly or one of the fruity drinks?

If you're having problems getting the veggies in, try things that cook down a lot - like spinach. Two cups of spinach sauteed or steamed cooks down to about six bites. Zucchini will cook down a lot too.
Yes I agree...I really am trying and the coach and I are setting mini goals that don't include the scale for me...like if I eat all my food for 2 days I get a reward...I am 4 weeks in and still haven't mastered it but I am trying!
Old 06-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #47  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
Yes I agree...I really am trying and the coach and I are setting mini goals that don't include the scale for me...like if I eat all my food for 2 days I get a reward...I am 4 weeks in and still haven't mastered it but I am trying!
Glad you and your coach are working on it! The reward system is a good idea. Didn't mean to sound preachy - always worries me when someone posts that they aren't eating everything, losing weight is hard enough and to restrict intake even further could lead to some serious health problems. Sounds like you are on the right track. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 06-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #48  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
Oh my name is Denise :-)
Well Denise, since we're on a "first name basis" I need to give you a loving Your body can NOT live on 300 calories and it will start taking what it needs from other parts of you -- protein from muscles, calcium from bones... If you don't eat enough calories, you will "stall" your weight as your body will hold on to everything it's got thinking you're in starvation mode or something.

Ruth Ann gave you great ideas on how to get those veggies in without bulk. Add the spinach to your shake even. It is NOT as gross as it sounds if you haven't done it yet! LOL

I kind of picture you with your nose plugged, eyes closed, drinking down that greenish brown smoothie, but if that's what you need to do, get 'er dun! I add some "syrups" to my smoothies (DaVinci 0/0/0) if I need more "chocolate fix" or something.

A 'support group' has to give you tough love some times so I hope you take my "nagging" with a as well! Look at your plan today and make a conscious effort to get in what you need -- even if it means the "nose plug and eyes closed" effort from your childhood!

P.S. I posted this before I saw that you were working on this with your coach so I remove some of the nagging (only some). I think the 'reward' idea sounds pretty fun! Let us know what ya get!

Last edited by IP43; 06-21-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Closed Thread