3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP daily chat Friday 6/20/2014

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #31
IP ON 5/15/14

S/C/G: 319/293/159

Height: 5'3"

I'll catch up more later, but I'm having really awful cravings today. I want all the things and I don't get why? The only thing I've had different is a few bites of shredded pork (IP compliant) last night with maybe a bite of the veggie cheese shreds, but I don't think that would trigger it? Maybe I'm just having one of those days where I want all the bad things. I want it to stop!

WI#1 (05/22/14) -5lbs
WI#2 (05/29/14) -5lbs
WI#3 (06/05/14) -2lbs (T)
WI#4 (06/12/14) -3lbs
WI#5 (06/19/14) -1lbs
WI#6 (06/25/14) -3lbs
WI#7/7.5 (07/07/14) -5lbs (Vaca) (T)
WI#8 (07/10/14) -2lbs

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again."
Old 06-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #32
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Readytolive--It's always good to check in here when you've got the munchies -- we're "calorie free". Stay strong. Get a good book or do something to distract Tomorrow will be a better day!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #33
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Amber -- my boys take melatonin sometimes when they need to get to sleep and are too wound (as per the recommendation from their doctor). Although the bottle says 1 tablet is the dosage, the dr. said we could do 3 x 3mg and they are only 70 lbs. I never have done that as it seemed extreme, but if you've tried melatonin, and one tablet doesn't seem enough to help you sleep perhaps 2 or switching to the 5 mg strength might help?
I already take Ambien.. I've had sleeping problems for as long as I can remember. Normally the Ambien works fine, but I only take half of one, I need to call my doctor to see if he'll refill my prescription to take a whole one temporarily. In times of heavy stress what usually knocks me out does nothing. I have these ridiculously realistic and vivid dreams that cause stress and panic and cause me to wake up. It's always a stress induced thing, I used to take anxiety meds but I quit a long time ago and learned to manage without medications but I've never been able to stop the Ambien, I tried but if I don't sleep the anxiety gets worse and it's a vicious cycle. Right now is situational stuff so I'm hoping it will pass and that a whole ambien at night will do the trick.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
Old 06-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #34
AmberLS

IP43 I hope everything works out for your house. I'm going to sell in the next year and move to a different state for the second time in my life as an adult. Maybe this time I won't come back to Wyoming.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
Old 06-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #35
Diane on track July 2014

Thanks for well wishes Amber. Are you moving closer to SO or hoping for a change of job?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #36
AmberLS

Quote:
Thanks for well wishes Amber. Are you moving closer to SO or hoping for a change of job?
I'm moving to be with my SO, but I have to finish my contract here or at least a year of it. It's actually a 2 year contract, but we've decided we can't go two years like this, a year is hard enough. I actually thought we were breaking up this week the conversations were very hard. One of us has to sacrifice and since he had already been here away from his daughter and with me for a long time I figured it's my turn.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #37
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/164.6/165

Height: 5'7"

I've been cooking up a storm getting ready for the beach! I've been making all my riced/shredded food so I don't have to drag my food processor down with me. I made a stack of cauli tortillas, cauli pizza crust, and turnip hashbrown shreds. Planning to make a batch of cauli potato salad tomorrow morning and picking up my big IP food order. Gave my mom a copy of my tentative dinner meal plan for the week so we don't hit the grocery store and buy a bunch of junk. I'm ready for this!

Leaving the scale at home, so won't have a WI this week, but I peeked this morning and I was at 191.4! Maybe I'll get back and be in the 180s. Have a wonderful week everyone!

Mini Goal 1: Reach onederland by beach vacation, June 20 Met Goal: June 3
Mini Goal 2: 180s by birthday July 10. Met Goal: July 8 at 188.8 lbs
Mini Goal 3: Down 50 pounds total by Labor Day Met Goal: August 26 at 174.6
Mini Goal 3: Goal by vacation Oct. 16 Met Goal: Oct. 14
Old 06-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #38
Diane on track July 2014

pishposh....WOW! I'm jealous of your planning (and your holiday).... Your food is totally awesome. Now, did you pack sunscreen and underwear or just cauliflower?

Last edited by IP43 : 06-20-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:49 PM   #39
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/164.6/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
pishposh....WOW! I'm jealous of your planning (and your holiday).... Your food is totally awesome. Now, did you pack sunscreen and underwear or just cauliflower?
Wait, cauliflower doesn't protect against UV rays?

Mini Goal 1: Reach onederland by beach vacation, June 20 Met Goal: June 3
Mini Goal 2: 180s by birthday July 10. Met Goal: July 8 at 188.8 lbs
Mini Goal 3: Down 50 pounds total by Labor Day Met Goal: August 26 at 174.6
Mini Goal 3: Goal by vacation Oct. 16 Met Goal: Oct. 14
Old 06-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #40

S/C/G: 154.2/134/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Morning,

Gracerev, Enjoy the BBQ tomorrow!

Happy Friday everyone. I was driving to work this morning and reflecting on how so much has changed for me since I started IP in Sept. it is not only the weight but how much better I feel about myself, my confidence, the atheltic things that I could not do before, better sleep and more control I have over my life. I am so grateful for IP and of course these discussions boards. I am still amazed that the overweight people I know, friends and family, and there are a lot, haven't done this program. Yes it is restrictive but IT WORKS!

I think that is so important to remember! I know I find myself getting caught up in what the scale says, that sometimes I forget how I feel and that is WAY more important than the feedback on a scale....my confidence is getting there and tha is sooo awesome!

Old 06-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
Morning ladies!

My coach says some people develop a touch of anorexia when on the plan. Not anorexia nervosa, the eating disorder. Just trouble eating. I love this diet's results too much to give up. I'm just going to push through this like any other challenge to staying OP.
I am like you...this diet kills my desire to eat...I really have to force myself and usually for the most part I just get about 300 calories in because I just do the shakes and no other IP food...it seems to help but ususally I can only do 2 shakes a day with a meat protein...I am fighting though!

Keep going!

Old 06-21-2014, 06:18 AM   #42
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
I am like you...this diet kills my desire to eat...I really have to force myself and usually for the most part I just get about 300 calories in because I just do the shakes and no other IP food...
Keep going!
I am not sure I understand this post .... you're not JUST getting 300 calories in a day right? You meant just in IP type supplements?

I agree with everyone else's comments too, about how much this diet is affecting "mental strength" and for me a big part of that is this forum. I've been to WW and thought "Really? I'm paying $$ every week to step on a scale and there is really no interaction other than that". People didn't even know my name etc. or have any interest in helping with the mental aspect of weight loss. IP is no different. My coach weighs me, gives me the "tip of the week", asks how it's going but I can totally do IP without her (I just need her as my BBQ chip dealer! LOL)
I think I could be successful on any diet if it has a support group like this one to come to, bounce ideas off of, and just keep my "eyes on the prize". When I want to eat, I come to 3FC and that has helped many a time!

P.S. Just for the record, since this is so much better than WW, my name is Diane
Old 06-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #43
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthomas83 View Post
I am like you...this diet kills my desire to eat...I really have to force myself and usually for the most part I just get about 300 calories in because I just do the shakes and no other IP food...it seems to help but ususally I can only do 2 shakes a day with a meat protein...I am fighting though!

Keep going!
It's really, really important to get all 3 IP packs in a day - IP is low calorie enough without skipping anything. Your body needs fuel to run. If you are having problems because you aren't hungry, maybe try the jelly or one of the fruity drinks?

If you're having problems getting the veggies in, try things that cook down a lot - like spinach. Two cups of spinach sauteed or steamed cooks down to about six bites. Zucchini will cook down a lot too.

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Old 06-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #44

Quote:
I am not sure I understand this post .... you're not JUST getting 300 calories in a day right? You meant just in IP type supplements?

I agree with everyone else's comments too, about how much this diet is affecting "mental strength" and for me a big part of that is this forum. I've been to WW and thought "Really? I'm paying $$ every week to step on a scale and there is really no interaction other than that". People didn't even know my name etc. or have any interest in helping with the mental aspect of weight loss. IP is no different. My coach weighs me, gives me the "tip of the week", asks how it's going but I can totally do IP without her (I just need her as my BBQ chip dealer! LOL)
I think I could be successful on any diet if it has a support group like this one to come to, bounce ideas off of, and just keep my "eyes on the prize". When I want to eat, I come to 3FC and that has helped many a time!

P.S. Just for the record, since this is so much better than WW, my name is Diane
No i mean total..The IP shakes are 80 calories and then I always eat a grilled chicken breast...I do by best with veggies...usually 1 cup a day of plain cucumber or dry lettuce with cucumber...I actually don't like the IP food and for me it is too expensive to buy a box of soup or something and not like it so I still to the orange and pink lemonade shakes...however, I am really trying hard to get more veggies in but when I eat solid food I become so nauseated so I struggle with the solid food...sometimes I can get the 3rd shake it at times but like I said it is a work in progress for me.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:13 AM   #45

Quote:

Oh my name is Denise :-)

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.