IP daily chat Thursday 6/19/2014

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Evemomma: Is it actually legal where you live to work for so many hours without a break?? Where I live the labour law says:
    Meal breaks
    An employee must not work more than five hours in a row without a 30-minute meal break.

An employee does not have to be paid for a meal break unless he or she is required to work or be available for work during a meal break.

Employers are not required to provide coffee breaks.

You may have to fake a washroom break and take raw veggies with you and an IP drink to have between clients. Maybe switch up your lunch with your dinner so that you can have your 'real' protein and cook a normal meal at lunch and just do an IP 'quickie' dinner.

Liana
    Thanks Liana, should've clarified that I am my own worst enemy because I am self-employed (own my own practice) and this is the schedule I CHOOSE for myself! This summer is really hard because my hubby doesn't get home until 3:30PM and babysitting for the kids is not reliable (do use a friend to watch them one to two days a week). This means that I have to pack my schedule very tightly when my hubby is home. The nature of my business is you never say you are full and not accepting new patients or you may lose your referral sources to other providers. Usually summer is my slow time but not this year!

I should have 10 minutes in between clients, but I often struggle to keep that time, though I do have to make frequent bathroom breaks because I drink so much water during the evening. Oops...just remembered I DON'T have 10 minutes any longer because the, ahem, AWESOME, insurance companies changed my codes from a 50 minute hour to either 45 or 60 minutes (and they pay waaaaay less for 45 minutes...grrrr). I just hate the idea of shoveling food in my mouth between clients.

Once school starts, I won't be working 4-5 evenings in a row the way I am right now. My daughter will be in preschool three days a week and my son will be in second grade, so I will have more balance. Only one more week of swim lessons, but then they are doing a Vacation Bible school after that which will still be pretty rigorous with running.

It's always an adventure but I wouldn't trade my ability to be a stay-at-home and working mom all at the the same time!
  • Quote: I posted before about getting food aversions OP. The last two days it's getting much worse. Just the RTD chocolate shake made me sick this am. Couldn't keep it down. My coach said to get off the plan for a week! That scares me!
    Any advice?
    Could you be pregnant? I was sick sick sick sick when I was pregnant and couldn't even THINK of food. Take care of yourself!
  • Thank you. The ONLY thing I'm worried about is the vitamins. That's something I hate taking. I have about 120 lbs to lose so I WILL get use to taking them, and hopefully love them
  • Quote: Thank you. The ONLY thing I'm worried about is the vitamins. That's something I hate taking. I have about 120 lbs to lose so I WILL get use to taking them, and hopefully love them
    I have a hard time with some of the vitamins too and I have found on days when it's the worst that even though they are all important I have to at least take the potassium, the calcium/magnesium, and the multi vitamin. Although I personally only take 2 cal/mags not 4
  • evemomma: Ahhhh, yes... self employment, lol. We have our own business too & I have my DH's phone alarm on so it reminds him it is time to STOP NOW for lunch or he'd just keep saying I'll eat once I've done this one thing, etc it gets put off to the side indefinitely until he gets low blood sugar and is less safe on his ladders
    Liana

I have a chiropractor who books 10 minutes past the hour so that he has time to do paperwork & snack & bathroom, lol. He doesn't book on hour/half hour giving no time for other essentials.
  • Quote: evemomma: Ahhhh, yes... self employment, lol. We have our own business too & I have my DH's phone alarm on so it reminds him it is time to STOP NOW for lunch or he'd just keep saying I'll eat once I've done this one thing, etc it gets put off to the side indefinitely until he gets low blood sugar and is less safe on his ladders
    Liana

I have a chiropractor who books 10 minutes past the hour so that he has time to do paperwork & snack & bathroom, lol. He doesn't book on hour/half hour giving no time for other essentials.
    Self-employment is a CHALLENGE! Like I said, the code changes have really messed me up. Last year, i tried to compact my sessions to 45min to meet shorter c o de but wasn't really enough time. I'll stop complaining though...been in MUCH harder work environments with much less control of my destiny!!!
  • I am getting so excited about my next NSV. I am getting on an airplane in 2 weeks and I am not anxious at all about the seat belt fitting! This will be the first time in 6 years that I can just be excited about our trip and not make myself sick with worry (although I do have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about the flight, because I am so thrilled!).

I also already hit my trip goal of 213, so that's exciting, too! And to top it all off, I get to surprise my husband's family with the new-me-in-progress when we arrive.

I have never, ever shared my airplane seat belt anxiety with anyone, not even my husband, but I knew some here might understand.
  • Congrats Peppertree on reaching your trip goal!! That is awesome you must be so excited and proud!! Hope you have a great time!!
  • Quote: Congrats Peppertree on reaching your trip goal!! That is awesome you must be so excited and proud!! Hope you have a great time!!
    Thank you!!!
  • Quote: Thank you. The ONLY thing I'm worried about is the vitamins. That's something I hate taking. I have about 120 lbs to lose so I WILL get use to taking them, and hopefully love them
    Quote: I have a hard time with some of the vitamins too and I have found on days when it's the worst that even though they are all important I have to at least take the potassium, the calcium/magnesium, and the multi vitamin. Although I personally only take 2 cal/mags not 4
    I just ordered Pill Glide Spray - Peach Flavor and Oralflo Pill Swallowing Cup for my daughter to help her learn how to swallow pills. I got it on Amazon and the comments said they were good for adults too. May want to check it out.

Quote: Thanks Liana, should've clarified that I am my own worst enemy because I am self-employed (own my own practice) and this is the schedule I CHOOSE for myself! This summer is really hard because my hubby doesn't get home until 3:30PM and babysitting for the kids is not reliable (do use a friend to watch them one to two days a week). This means that I have to pack my schedule very tightly when my hubby is home. The nature of my business is you never say you are full and not accepting new patients or you may lose your referral sources to other providers. Usually summer is my slow time but not this year!

I should have 10 minutes in between clients, but I often struggle to keep that time, though I do have to make frequent bathroom breaks because I drink so much water during the evening. Oops...just remembered I DON'T have 10 minutes any longer because the, ahem, AWESOME, insurance companies changed my codes from a 50 minute hour to either 45 or 60 minutes (and they pay waaaaay less for 45 minutes...grrrr). I just hate the idea of shoveling food in my mouth between clients.

Once school starts, I won't be working 4-5 evenings in a row the way I am right now. My daughter will be in preschool three days a week and my son will be in second grade, so I will have more balance. Only one more week of swim lessons, but then they are doing a Vacation Bible school after that which will still be pretty rigorous with running.

It's always an adventure but I wouldn't trade my ability to be a stay-at-home and working mom all at the the same time!
    What kind of therapy to you do??
  • Regarding the "NEW" Phase Sheets!!
    OK - Today I called IP Corporate...

I am not completely convinced that the person I talked to was completely on top of things. She was in the client relations department, but also seemed just a touch confused when looking for specific info on the Phase Sheets I was asking about.

BUT - she said that there are NOT any new sheets since either April 2014 or January 2014 (she stated both dates and I never got clarity which it was). I asked her if the April sheet had the section at the top about Unlimited lettuce and what it listed and the RAW veggies statement. She said it did not.

She of course cautioned that nothing posted on any non-IP site should be taken as the truth (which I didn't argue but of course know that often here we get better info than we sometimes do from coaches!)

I did get from her that there are some impending changes to the sheets coming out, but she would not give me any dates or projections.

I also sent an email to Corporate to what I think is a different person who has responded (very quickly in the past) to some people's complaints about poor treatment at clinics. I will post what I hear back.

Soooooo...... At this point, everyone can draw their own conclusions. (I have cross-posted this on the “NEW” Phase Sheet Thread.

(I am wondering if the original poster actually got this by calling the 800 number of a clinic and this is perhaps their own "House Rules" version... I PM'd her to get more info!)
  • Im new to the site. So forgive me if the answer is somewhere else on the site.

I put 2 cups of spinach in my chocolate drink breakfast and lunch today. Total of 4 cups.

#1. Do you count this as your total veggies for the day? It's hard to gauge how many to stuff in the measuring cup.

#2. Do you use frozen spinach or fresh? I didn't care for the little tiny chunks in my drink. Maybe frozen would eliminate that?

#3. Any tricks to making it not chunky.

Thank you so much in advance for any replies !!
  • Quote: Im new to the site. So forgive me if the answer is somewhere else on the site.

I put 2 cups of spinach in my chocolate drink breakfast and lunch today. Total of 4 cups.

#1. Do you count this as your total veggies for the day? It's hard to gauge how many to stuff in the measuring cup.

#2. Do you use frozen spinach or fresh? I didn't care for the little tiny chunks in my drink. Maybe frozen would eliminate that?

#3. Any tricks to making it not chunky.

Thank you so much in advance for any replies !!
    spinach is a tough one. It's technically listed as a select vegetable, not in the 'unlimited lettuce' catagory. The argument with this vegetable is that some people consider it counted when cooked and 'unlimited' when raw. It's a personal preference. I asked my coach and she told me to count it as a veggie. Do you have a coach or are you doing this on your own?

So in the mornings, I put hearts of romaine in my shake. Then if I want a shake for lunch as well, I use spinach. I also added a bit of WF syrup and you couldn't taste the lettuce at all! It helped me to add lettuce because I was getting more 'green' in my diet so it was solving my Big C issue.

What kind of blender are you using? I have a nutribullet and don't get any chunks of spinach. Also, I put 4-6 ice cubes in mine to help blend. I also use fresh spinach!

Hope this helps!
  • Quote: OK - Today I called IP Corporate...

I am not completely convinced that the person I talked to was completely on top of things. She was in the client relations department, but also seemed just a touch confused when looking for specific info on the Phase Sheets I was asking about.

BUT - she said that there are NOT any new sheets since either April 2014 or January 2014 (she stated both dates and I never got clarity which it was). I asked her if the April sheet had the section at the top about Unlimited lettuce and what it listed and the RAW veggies statement. She said it did not.

She of course cautioned that nothing posted on any non-IP site should be taken as the truth (which I didn't argue but of course know that often here we get better info than we sometimes do from coaches!)

I did get from her that there are some impending changes to the sheets coming out, but she would not give me any dates or projections.

I also sent an email to Corporate to what I think is a different person who has responded (very quickly in the past) to some people's complaints about poor treatment at clinics. I will post what I hear back.

Soooooo...... At this point, everyone can draw their own conclusions. (I have cross-posted this on the “NEW” Phase Sheet Thread.

(I am wondering if the original poster actually got this by calling the 800 number of a clinic and this is perhaps their own "House Rules" version... I PM'd her to get more info!)
    Thanks for the effort, I guess I should stop eating cucumbers on my salads and not counting them lol
  • Salmon recipe
    Salmon was on sale at my grocery store so I bought some. I want to grill it, I love Salmon but I usually only eat it when I go out because I'm not sure how to cook it. So does anyone have any salmon grilling suggestions?