Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #16  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
So it snowed here last night and got below freezing, I had to cover my garden... I sure hope I didn't lose any veggies. Gotta love the "seasons" in Wyoming!!!! LOL Woke up down again, I got back from vacation Sunday and started IP Monday and I'm already back to the weight I was before I left... now .7 lbs to wonderland again! LOL

Amber, I was thinking about you on my morning walk this morning because we have both been teetering around onederland. I weighed daily cuz I really wanted to see that number again but was a little disappointed as I flittered a pound or 2 above or below it for about a week! This morning, I am well below at 196 but still I won't update my ticker until official WI. So just keep pressing on, knowing as I know you already know that daily fluctuations are totally normal. It will happen. On IP it can't not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post

Today is my official weight in, this is two weeks without a loss and I am 100% on protocol. My clothes are once again feeling looser however; it's hard not to see the scale go down. For some reason the two show progress but, in the whole arena of success they are not equal to one another. 12's are comfortable, a little lose and yesterday I bought some boyfriend jeans from JcPenney in a size 10. I am going to go down my checklist of everything I eat and drink, my vitamins and water to see if I am missing something. This means alot to me and I take it seriously.
I wanted to post a reply to you because I had 2 WI's recently with my coach where my attitude when I went in was: I don't care if the scale doesn't measure a loss. I also don't care if the tape measure doesn't change!! Because I know without a doubt, that I am on the right track. There was no question in my mind about whether or not I was making progress, and whatever the data showed was not going to disturb me. I knew it would show up another week, and it did!! Stick with it you are getting there and congrats on your clothes getting looser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyo17 View Post
Good morning everyone! I have a question...I woke up with a scratchy throat and feel like I am getting sick. What can we take while on this program? Are there any throat lozenges that are okay to take? I know we can take herbal supplements like Echinacea, but are there ANY cough drops we are able to take? Thanks in advance for the help!
I know there are some sugar free cough drops out there. Be sure to read the label Feel better soon!

OK Now I have a question. I am going out to lunch with friends tomorrow and I have already perused the menu. I see that a hamburger has 50 some odd carbs in it. Do you think that is just the bun, and if I remove the bun I will be fine? Does a hamburger bun have that many carbs? wow. TIA!

Have a fabulous OP day everyone
Old 06-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #17  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

PS I am getting tired of watching myself get beat up for my regain!! I am soon gonna eliminate that guy who is beating me over the head. To be truthful, I am grateful for the experience because I learned so much from my 4 months long off program. Like for one: phase off step by step next time. And: My old way of eating is history if I want to keep the new me! You'd think that would be a no brainer but I guess I had to prove it to myself one more time.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #18  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyo17 View Post
Good morning everyone! I have a question...I woke up with a scratchy throat and feel like I am getting sick. What can we take while on this program? Are there any throat lozenges that are okay to take? I know we can take herbal supplements like Echinacea, but are there ANY cough drops we are able to take? Thanks in advance for the help!
I was sick on my recent trip to Disney World, so the little store where we stayed didn't have a lot of options. I chose day/night cold pills since I knew they would be sugar free (unlike Nyquil). I also used sugar-free cough drops -they did have aspertame, but I was just picking the lesser of the two evils (as the others has sugar). I used them a LOT and still lost weight on my trip.

However, maybe some alternatives would warm herbal tea with lemon and also gargling salt water?

Feel better!!!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #19  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!!!!

Had my weigh-in today and am down another 2 lbs from last week. I was prepping myself for less because I am SUPER near my TOM and am having a lot of PMS symptoms (sorry TMI)...very bloated, crampy. I have to think it is the extra hormones being released as I also have been having my cycle every 3 1/2 weeks (grrrrrr). Anyone else has this happen?

I really appreciate my coach being supportive of me using alternatives. I would have to do it completely on my own if she didn't because I just couldn't keep up with the cost.

Most exciting IP thing today: I found WF marshmallow creme at a local grocery store. Anyone had this? I've seen it used in several of the old recipe threads. They also had WF chocolate dip, which I didn't get since I can't have fruit anyway. I also picked up some WF BBQ sauce and WF sesame ginger dressing. Had the dressing on a "chinese" salad today....yum!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #20  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Morning,

We had such a huge rainfall last night and it's feeling like it is going to be a humid day today. I have until 6pm tonight to sign up for a 10km trail race this Saturday, it will be my longest run yet. I'm doing a 10 road run mid July but the trails will be more fun. I have nervouses tummy thinking about it but if my friend can do it with me we are going for it!
This is fabulous!!! I started IP with my goal to be able to run again. I've put on so much weight that even with PT & strength training my knees can't take it I am hopeful to get to a weight soon that I can run again...can't wait!!! In the meantime, I'll run vicariously through you
Old 06-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post

OK Now I have a question. I am going out to lunch with friends tomorrow and I have already perused the menu. I see that a hamburger has 50 some odd carbs in it. Do you think that is just the bun, and if I remove the bun I will be fine? Does a hamburger bun have that many carbs? wow. TIA!

Have a fabulous OP day everyone
It will for sure be the bun, but also don't forget the toppings like fresh tomato, lettuce, pickles, mushrooms, onion, ketchup, etc.
ALSO - very important - almost all restaurants use wheat crumbs in their burger patties. I have to be gluten free so I am very aware of this. Phone the restaurant and ask if they use wheat or bread in their patties. You could go for a grilled chicken breast burger w/o bun instead maybe? Or just ditch the bun and decide that every veg the rest of the day be as low as possible carb-wise. Not 100% OP, more like 90% -so I'm not really recommending it .

Liana
Old 06-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

hello all !! I did IP for the first time in Aug 2010 and dropped 56ish lbs by dec... first time to go south in Feb and feel GOOD about myself... omg. Words cannot describe. If I happened to be walking TOWARDS a reflective surface ie: MIRROR... I did not feel I had to look the other direction anymore,cause i was so happy with what I saw... such a big change. Now fast forward to now... and 20 lbs have crept back on and during that time I have tried WW twice... and then costco protein shakes, and walmart PURE PROTEIN bars... all in all, IP was just too costly for me to go back. Just yesterday I touched base with an old friend that joined IP AFTER she saw the weight I lost. Then she proceeded to lose 70 lbs... one yr passes and she gains 10-15... THEN finds this other line PRO ENERGY last Oct and tries that. It Turns out that its pretty well identical in the ingredients and the plan as IP !!!! she proceeded then, to lose 30 lbs since oct !!!! and you are also allowed 2oz of cheese a day !!!!!! what ????? IM IN hahha so approx 2 babybels per day. the price for 7 items per box is 21.99. I found a clinic RIGHT IN MY OWN TOWN !!! I didnt even know !!!!! so i stopped by yesterday and got the jello, the oatmeal and the vanilla cappacino....... omg so good. today is day one... i fully knew what to expect having been on the IP protocol before. Light headed a bit... just before lunch etc... but its all good. its almost quitting time for the day, and I look forward for the first time in a long time to what the scale will say as I go day by day. I FEEL EXCITED AGAIN.......... just wanted to share...... have a great OP day everyone .......
Old 06-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? Needing something fun today!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #24  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Yep snow! It's so cold here! I can't believe I came back from a beach vacation for this!!! LOL my significant other really wants me to move to Texas where he is, the cold weather sure makes me think about it. Some places in Wyoming got 4-6 inches. Where I'm at it was just a dusting that didn't stick. It doesn't normally snow this late although in my life I have witnessed snow on 4th of july twice... One just never knows lol.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 221.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Yep snow! It's so cold here! I can't believe I came back from a beach vacation for this!!! LOL my significant other really wants me to move to Texas where he is, the cold weather sure makes me think about it. Some places in Wyoming got 4-6 inches. Where I'm at it was just a dusting that didn't stick. It doesn't normally snow this late although in my life I have witnessed snow on 4th of july twice... One just never knows lol.
my niece lives in pinedale---we spoke on father's day and she didn't mention snow but she is originally from the white mountains of new hampshire and use to long winters!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 221.5

i had my 5th week wi and lost just over 10lbs---i was away but didn't eat at a restaurant---was able to get in all of my veggies!!!! i feel AWESOME!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #27  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdunham View Post
my niece lives in pinedale---we spoke on father's day and she didn't mention snow but she is originally from the white mountains of new hampshire and use to long winters!!!
It didn't snow until last night. I love Pinedale I used to live up there, it's only an hour and a half away... I miss living up there but it got too expensive.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdunham View Post
i had my 5th week wi and lost just over 10lbs---i was away but didn't eat at a restaurant---was able to get in all of my veggies!!!! i feel AWESOME!!!
Hooolleeey!! That is amazing for your 5th wk WI! No wonder you feel awesome! Good going - to get all your veggies in. Keep it up
Old 06-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Ok, trying again!

Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? I know there are many to choose from but what do you LOVE?

Needing something fun today!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
Ok, trying again!

Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? I know there are many to choose from but what do you LOVE?

Needing something fun today!
I personally don't care for the taste of vanilla pudding. If I had to use a vanilla pudding packet, I'd probably add some cinnamon or W.F. Pancake syrup and then stick it in the freezer for an hour or so to harden it up a bit. Then it's like Fro Yo!

Last edited by ems70508; 06-18-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Closed Thread