Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi ChipnDip

I am not doing IP - but an alternative to it. I was doing Wonderslim, which allows berries and Greek yogurt and a few other things. I added the chia seed myself... 1 TBSP has 6 grams of protein, fiber and an abundance of amino acids. Plus it thickens up the whey powder. It seems to be working OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
The olive oil is what you need to add to your food uncooked. It can be grapeseed too. Any oil you use for cooking should be very minimal, if at all. Grapeseed can handle higher temps. Canola is not going to hurt you, it just doesn't have the same health benefits. Calories are all the same.

Your smoothie ingredients don't sound IP. We don't get fruit. Not sure about chia seeds either.

You have put out quite a bit already. Is it just the cost of food going forward? What did you get for that $? Food or supplements or is that just registration. It is sad IP doesn't have more say in that. I had no start up fees at all. I just pay for what I eat. Coaching isn't great but I get the videos emailed to me which I love.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Amber- sounds like you managed well on your vacation and got right back on track.

I'm off to Mexico for 4 days at the end of this month and am hoping there is fresh veggies there. Mi will be bringing some of my IP food with me to.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #33  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Amber- sounds like you managed well on your vacation and got right back on track.

I'm off to Mexico for 4 days at the end of this month and am hoping there is fresh veggies there. Mi will be bringing some of my IP food with me to.
I didn't bring any IP foods with me which may have been a good idea but packing was tight. I figured I could pick restaurants with salads and such but I was surprised that we actually ate a lot of places that had little to no veggies on the menu. Lot's of seafood, and lot's of yummy stuff but I still did my best. I did have some carbs like tortilla's and some bread but overall not to shabby. The parmesan and garlic fries were probably the worst thing I ate (twice) cause they were good lol but they did make me feel bloated. Good luck in Mexico I wasn't in Mexico but I was on the border in the gulf at the beach.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #34  
AmberLS

Just got out of the shower and was putting lotion on, maybe it's the fresh tan, maybe not but I was looking down at my legs and thinking to myself that these legs can't be mine, they look "normal" sized.... I've always had thick legs even when I was skinny... funny how we see our bodies differently all the time because some days I look down at my legs and I feel like they are disgusting but tonight was a really nice feeling.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post

We had a very easy time in Mexico as all the little restaurants we went to (local owned and local frequented) offered free trays of veggies with salsas, chili powder, limes to squeeze over whatever you wanted. Raw sticks of jicama, celery, etc. It was yummy and we could get our fill of veg before we even ordered other food. If you are able to, eat some nopales - they have a similar nutrition profile to asparagus and I ate them on IP without any trouble. A great thing to drink there is Jimaica juice (a kind of cold tea made from the hibiscus flower). I think it was unsweetened - at least the kind we had was. If you can, get fresh seafood, preferably grilled if you are near the beach. You might want to do a little research for allowable foods that are comida tipica. That's always the best prepared locally. It's always handy in a pinch to have IP with you.
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-16-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #36  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

S/C/G: 250/240/170

Height: 5'11"

Hey all, had a rough Monday. :/ My long-distance boyfriend and I are trying to save our relationship despite the distance and it almost ended. I wanted to crawl into bed with a pizza all night but settled for a protein shake.

On the plus side, my first week back on IP has me down 10lbs exactly. In a few days I'll be back at the weight I was when I started IP the last time!
Old 06-17-2014, 01:24 AM   #37  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggleburst View Post
Hey all, had a rough Monday. :/ My long-distance boyfriend and I are trying to save our relationship despite the distance and it almost ended. I wanted to crawl into bed with a pizza all night but settled for a protein shake.

On the plus side, my first week back on IP has me down 10lbs exactly. In a few days I'll be back at the weight I was when I started IP the last time!
I'm doing a long distance relationship too! It is definitely hard. I just got back from seeing him for the first time in 3 months and I won't see him again for 5 more. He knew I was dieting but I didn't let him see, he sure was amazed. However the long distance thing makes for some rough days, especially when I really need someone to turn to and he's too busy or at work. It's rough for sure but it can be done. I've been on IP pretty much the whole time we've been apart, he left about 3 weeks into my diet and it may be 2 years before we can live in the same state due to work obligations, it's hard to think about and hard to do, people around aren't very supportive of it working, but we have to keep believing.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:02 AM   #38  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Good luck to you both with the long distance relationships. It is hard for sure, but one thing I found when I was in one was that we communicated way more than if we were "hanging out" at a movie theater or something. You are building a wonderful foundation that is based on sharing your thoughts and ideas, and talking to each other. That is a great start to a long term commitment.
Closed Thread