3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP daily chat Monday 6/16/2014

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #16

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I am not having the best week so far. Had a total slip-up on Wednesday (fell hard, think tater tots, and later fried rice), but I dusted myself off and got right back on the wagon. Had to move my Friday WI to this afternoon, so will see how I did, but I think I am still hovering around 144. Last Friday, no change and this week, if I am lucky, I think I MIGHT get a pound. I'll take it, esp since I slipped up.

But, I have not lost faith! Still sticking to it and shooting for a mini goal to hit 140 by the end of June.

Journaling on my diet blog at www.angilou.com/losing_it
Old 06-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #17

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather54 View Post
Venting right now WI...lost..... point 7 of a pound. I am so disappointed!
HeatherFeather54 - you had a loss - that's great! I know it's tough sometimes when we want to see bigger numbers, but I think it's great that you're progressing downward!

Journaling on my diet blog at www.angilou.com/losing_it
Old 06-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #18

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Good morning ladies, back on plan today. I'm so glad that I don't really struggle with the getting back into it part. Should be back in wonderland permanently by the end of the first week, but for sure by next. Only a couple pounds away lol, it's just as exciting this time as it was getting there last time. I'm feeling pretty wiped out from the excitement of vacation so I plan to just relax a lot this week. Best part of being a teacher is summer lol
Good Job Amber for getting right back on plan today. We will all be cheering for your transition into wonderland for good!!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #19

Default Hello

Hi, I'm new to the site. I was on IP in the past, but am no longer on, and have gained the weight back. This time I am hoping to be able to complete the program with alt. IP.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #20

S/C/G: 320

Height: 5.6

Smile New to Ideal Protein

Hello All,

I started the Ideal Protein Saturday so this is day 3. How bad is it to use canola oil? I used Cilantro paste and I did not know it had canola oil in it until after I ate. My consultant told me I can only have olive oil. Does anyone know why?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #21

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Starting week 4 of IP alternative

Have been making my own homemade smoothie mixes from clean whey protein powder, natural flavorings like cocoa powder, vanilla beans, frozen berries, chia seeds and stevia for sweetener, for about a week now. Besides the cost savings, I feel so much better and am not getting the headaches and stomach aches from the sucralose sweetener that is in the "Wonder Slim" meal replacement packets. I am remembering to take my multi vitamins and such every day because I bought a pill container that has a compartment for every day of the week. I fill it up each week and am keeping it in my bathroom drawer . Every morning when I get up I take my vitamins with a glass of water.

Is it 20 days before you get the ticker? If so I should get mine this week . I am still amazed by how well this works! My body really likes having some nourishment several times a day too. I like this new routine!
Have a great week ladies and gentleman

Week 1 -2.0
Week 2 -2.5
Week 3 -2.0
Old 06-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #22

Default IP altnative

Hi I am working on ordering my ip alternatives today and need help. I previously purchased the Wisesmart chicken and veggie cream soup through Dietdirect, and seriously could barely finish the meal. I loved the IP cream chicken soup, does anyone know if there is anything out there that comes close to it?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #23
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I don't know about for cream of chicken soup but have you tried nashuanutrition.com the protidiet and protithin stuff is good.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
Old 06-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #24
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/193/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Morning gals, just checking in. Good news, my maintenance plan is working still, like a charm. Even though I had a few days of higher carbs (up to 200 almost on several days in a row) and being away & not logging for 5 days in addition - I have not gained ANY weight (actually lost .2 of a lb, lol). I have been consciously choosing separation of fats & carbs even though my carbs have been higher and I can say that is definitely the main trick.
Wow, am I stoked!!!

Liana
Can you explain exactly what you mean by separating fats and carbs. I'm not 100% clear. Thanks.

Old 06-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #25

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Glad to hear everyone is having a good start to the week. I am doing great myself, getting ready to go food shopping to get dinner items. I made the mashed cauliflower "potatoes" last night and for once they came out amazing! I am making them again tonight with some grilled burgers. Have a great night everyone and be strong!!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #26
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
....However, those 11 lbs has monetarily cost me $ 476, that is about $ 43/lb. Going in to WI with my IP coach tonight and pick up food for the week. I don't know if I can keep up the cost of this diet....
There is a great thread on the real cost of cheating but there are also lots of discussions on the cost of IP. It IS expensive....at first. But if you quit or not, you've put that money out there. I am re-starting, and when I went back to my coach (which I can do forever) there is no other cost but whatever food I get. I paid $120 to join WW I think -- which gave me 3 months online access or something, but then each weigh in you have to pay -- whether you go or not. $14 a week for 52 weeks... well you see where I'm going with this? My friends were paying big $$$ (over a thousand) for her Dr. Bernstein diet and the "Herbal Magic"... If you join some group there will be fees. I really think for "long term loss" IP is the cheapest for fees. I also think a coach would rather have you, buying some stuff, than none at all as they make 100% markup, so talk to your coach if weekly food fees really get to be too much.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #27
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Howdy all. I'm looking forward to week 2 WI tomorrow.
I have yet to make cauliflower mashed that we're good texture. I do make a mean burger salad (Big Mac in a bowl). My 2 weeks have been pretty normal dinners in that nothing real fancy or much prep time involved. Crock pot roast, tenderloin, salmon, ground turkey crumbles and veggie skillet. Hubby and son are not complaining, neither am I. It's been good.
The garden is doing ok. That zucchini and lettuce better hurry up!

Restart 6/3/14 using alternative brands

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
― Winston Churchill
Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #28
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I wouldn't be complaining either Halfagain -- sounds delish to me. What time is supper??

As for Sophie's question -- that is a "maintenance" plan that person is on. Don't you worry about separating fats and carbs yet Just stick with the P1 plan (where you don't get too many fats or carbs to worry about) LOL....
If you need more info on the different phases of the diet, they are probably in those things called "stickies" or at least in the blurb at the top of the "daily" thread
Old 06-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #29
IP since February 12/14

S/C/G: 249/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by get fit View Post
Hello All,

I started the Ideal Protein Saturday so this is day 3. How bad is it to use canola oil? I used Cilantro paste and I did not know it had canola oil in it until after I ate. My consultant told me I can only have olive oil. Does anyone know why?

Thanks for any help you can give!
The olive oil is what you need to add to your food uncooked. It can be grapeseed too. Any oil you use for cooking should be very minimal, if at all. Grapeseed can handle higher temps. Canola is not going to hurt you, it just doesn't have the same health benefits. Calories are all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybell View Post
Have been making my own homemade smoothie mixes from clean whey protein powder, natural flavorings like cocoa powder, vanilla beans, frozen berries, chia seeds and stevia for sweetener, for about a week now. Besides the cost savings, I feel so much better and am not getting the headaches and stomach aches from the sucralose sweetener that is in the "Wonder Slim" meal replacement packets. I am remembering to take my multi vitamins and such every day because I bought a pill container that has a compartment for every day of the week. I fill it up each week and am keeping it in my bathroom drawer . Every morning when I get up I take my vitamins with a glass of water.

Is it 20 days before you get the ticker? If so I should get mine this week . I am still amazed by how well this works! My body really likes having some nourishment several times a day too. I like this new routine!
Have a great week ladies and gentleman

Week 1 -2.0
Week 2 -2.5
Week 3 -2.0
Your smoothie ingredients don't sound IP. We don't get fruit. Not sure about chia seeds either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
No ketosis has not made me hear voices. Haha. I am talking about the self doubt I woke up with today. I have completed 2 full weeks of IP 100%. Shocked and dismayed that I stayed faithful as I work in the food and wine industry and have had many-a-temping situation over the last few weeks. I feel very proud.

I have seen results. I have lost 11lbs in 2 weeks (hope I can get one of those ticker things soon). However, those 11 lbs has monetarily cost me $ 476, that is about $ 43/lb. Going in to WI with my IP coach tonight and pick up food for the week. I don't know if I can keep up the cost of this diet. I have 3 kids at home and still have a high grocery bill besides IP. I am feeling selfish throwing so much money at this. I am seeing results but is this worth it? I have such a hard time doing things for myself.
You have put out quite a bit already. Is it just the cost of food going forward? What did you get for that $? Food or supplements or is that just registration. It is sad IP doesn't have more say in that. I had no start up fees at all. I just pay for what I eat. Coaching isn't great but I get the videos emailed to me which I love.

WI 1: 8.5, WI 2: -6.5, WI 3: -4.5, WI 4: -2, WI 5: -2, WI 6: -3, WI 7: -3.5, WI 8: -2.5, WI 9: -2, WI 10: -4, WI 11: -1, WI 12: -3.5, WI 13: -2, WI 14: -3.5, WI 14: -2.5, WI 15: -2, WI 16:-2.5, WI 17: -2.5, WI 18: -4.5, WI 19:-2, WI 20: -.5, WI 21:-2, WI 22: -3, WI 23: -2.5, WI 23/24: -4, WI 25: -2.5, WI 26: -1, WI 27: -3, WI 28: -1.5, WI 29: -3.5
Old 06-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #30

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Smile I have my ticker now!

Checking to see if it shows up when I post this...
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.