Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Found rutabaga at the store today! Making fries right now to go with the hamburgers DH is grilling
Old 06-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #32  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post

Ok, I actually spit my afternoon coffee on my iPad reading these! ( I haven't figured out the multi quote thing. What is this button you all speak of??)

I have tried to think of my own pun to nip this in the bud, fortunately one came to me just under the wire.
I hope I do find some nice options tonight though, otherwise I'll be sagging in disappointment.
Ok dangeron - you "hung in" there just fine on your own! Beside the "quote" button is one with quotation marks. Hit that one after each one you want to quote and it will save all your quotes until you get to the last one you want to comment on and then you hit the regular quote button

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
IP43 - I'm on it! Excited for y'all and can't wait to hear how things go. Some friends just finally got an offer accepted after quite an ordeal, so I've been hearing all about the house hunting process and know how anxiety-inducing it can be! Hang in there!
Thanks! I do believe in the power of prayer so I appreciate it.
This house "feels right" after many years of looking but I'd rather go in with the condition we can sell our own house first. That gives us an "out" if we don't sell. With no conditions, ....yikes-a-roo ... it's a BIG risk. But it's so perfect for everything we need, including room for inlaws and outlaws to have room to move in if needed. Room for the boys to play and fish and do "boy stuff" with sticks. Maybe a bit too much grass to cut but DH could get a "big boy toy" for that.... All my redneck men (no offense - I say that with love) would have their "dream" spot to do manly outdoor things.

Last edited by IP43; 06-14-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #33  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Default Happy Summer, All!

Hi, everyone!

Wrapped up insanely busy last weeks at school, and now I am THRILLED to say, "I am FREEEEEE!"

Whew! What a year! I am so ready to relax and recharge. Congrats and enjoy to all the teachers on here who are wrapping up the school year (or perhaps already have).

Enjoyed some steamed crabs last night, a MD favorite, that is for sure! Now having some IP friendly shrimp "scampi" style. Hubby whips up a batch every now and then cuz it is so good! Fun day planned for tomorrow, as we are hosting a Father's Day cookout/ Grad party for DD. We are expecting lots of family and friends. I can't wait! I just love family gatherings.

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #34  
Diane on track July 2014

Hey Renee -- CONGRATS!! I am still in report card writing mode but my 10 day countdown is on, believe me! This is a tough time of year -- I really love my kiddies and will miss them BUT I really need a break too. I have a feeling I'll be following them up a grade so it is a little less of the "sad" part. Bring on that HAMMOCK!! I'm not sure if there are any Diana Gabaldon fans out there, but if you love "Jamie Fraser" as much as I do, you know I'm chompin' on the bit to get her new book cracked. If I start a book NOW though, I will get nothing done until it's finished (some compulsive reading disorder I have -- can't put a good book down) so I'm refusing to let myself look at it for 10 more days!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

OK, quick blowing of horn here *FIFA World Cup Alert*, my team woooonnnn!!
Italy 2
England 1

Watched it with Dad instead of going to the pub as previously planned. No snackies and nothing but lime water! Decided not to waste my calories as we are invited to an Epicure Dinner Party in 45 minutes. Yummy pulled pork is on the menu so far...from what I hear.

Liana
Old 06-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #36  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

You guys have me BUSTing out laughing! Practically spilling over

IP43....good luck on your house offer! I'll pray for you.

We got my hubby a grill and had DELICIOUS grilled veggies for dinner (family had hotdogs too).

Had a great time at my local farmers market at bought kohlrabi, yellow and green zucchini, lettuce, and rhubarb. I'm already regretting not buying more zucchni, it is sooooo sweet and render.

We're off to our little town's homecoming fair and fireworks...bringing my Quest Bar while the fam eats one festival treat.

Happy Early Father's Day!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #37  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
Found rutabaga at the store today! Making fries right now to go with the hamburgers DH is grilling
This intrigues me! How do you make rutabaga fries? I saw some at the store the other day & was wondering what some options would be for it!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #38  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

About those rutabaga fries: Does anyone know of an easy tool to use to cut them into fries? Those rutabagas sure are solid and difficult to slice!

I have not made them for awhile but I would spritz with a little oil, salt, and throw them in a pretty hot oven to roast. They are delicious.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #39  
Diane on track July 2014

ooooh... I remember reading a post about rutabegas many eons ago but I'm not sure if there is any "easy way" to do it. I do have a great tool I bought from pampered chef that has a wavy edge to make wavy cut veggies, but it's really solid. Once you got the peel off and into chunks it would make nice fries.
Some veggies peel better when you cook them briefly (like the blanching method) but I don't know if rutabega counts, or if an "axe" is more effective. LOL!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Reenhag, congrats on being free. 2.5 days more for me. Have fun at your party!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Hi, everyone!

Wrapped up insanely busy last weeks at school, and now I am THRILLED to say, "I am FREEEEEE!"

Whew! What a year! I am so ready to relax and recharge. Congrats and enjoy to all the teachers on here who are wrapping up the school year (or perhaps already have).

Enjoyed some steamed crabs last night, a MD favorite, that is for sure! Now having some IP friendly shrimp "scampi" style. Hubby whips up a batch every now and then cuz it is so good! Fun day planned for tomorrow, as we are hosting a Father's Day cookout/ Grad party for DD. We are expecting lots of family and friends. I can't wait! I just love family gatherings.

Have a great weekend!
I'm interested in your scampi recipe and how you cooked your crab legs. I have been thinking about steaming some crabs as well. Please share your recipes.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #42  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
ooooh... I remember reading a post about rutabegas many eons ago but I'm not sure if there is any "easy way" to do it. I do have a great tool I bought from pampered chef that has a wavy edge to make wavy cut veggies, but it's really solid. Once you got the peel off and into chunks it would make nice fries.
Some veggies peel better when you cook them briefly (like the blanching method) but I don't know if rutabega counts, or if an "axe" is more effective. LOL!
Yes to the axe! That would work! Haha! I could have sworn I saw an easy French fry tool at Bed Bath and Beyond, and when I returned to buy it I could not find it and the employees didn't know what I was talking about. Gonna go back through that place with a fine tooth comb one day and try to find it again, if it exists. Hopefully I didn't imagine it!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:17 AM   #43  
Diane on track July 2014

I was looking for Rutabega info and couldn't find it but I found some of RainbowSmiles recipes so it just had me wondering if anyone knew or heard from Susan (Rainbow) or Lisa (wuv2bewuved). They were so inspiring here a few years ago - just wondered if anyone knew if all was well with those ladies. I'll send some "cyber happy thoughts" out to former IPers everywhere -- hope "y'all" are doing ok!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #44  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

The French fry slicers might make the pieces too big. I slice mine I to shoe string and they still take a long time. I tried parboiling and that helped.

You can micro the wax off a rutabaga but there is no real easy way to cut it. I cut a sliver off so it has a flat side to sit on, cut it in half an then lie each half flat to get half circle slices. Peel each slice. Cut into desired sizes.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #45  

Default Happy Sunday

Good morning, everyone!
I was a lazy bum yesterday and got nearly nothing accomplished. Truthfully?!? It felt great! Realistically? It means I have to do housework this afternoon and evening. Oh well. Stayed up late watching the Braves in extra innings. Game didn't end our way.

I'm giving myself credit today for resisting the urge to snack (or cheat) out of boredom yesterday. In true "Beck fashion," I realized what was happening and found ways to distract myself until the feelings passed. I also drank even more water than usual to be sure that wasn't the trouble. Yay!

Headed off to the church (loving the summer schedule that gives me more time at home in the morning!) and hoping the great outline for the sermon that's in my head comes out in spoken words as well as I want it to!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread