Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #316  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

jemma, I feel you. I know I can tell that I've lost weight and how my clothes are fitting. I am down to where my 'normal' weight is now which is where I usually am when I decide I want to do something about it. Me being in the 190s on my first WI was a shock because I've never seen the numbers that high. So I think that the fact people aren't 'noticing' that I've lost weight so far is because I'm now around the weight that is 'normal' for me.

Congratulations on your loss!!! You are doing great!!! And super NSV for having someone notice!! I don't care what the age is or what context it comes in, it feels good to have someone else notice your hard work. Keep it up!!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 189.6/139/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
I'm built the same way - skinny legs and arms, small hips but carry all my weight in my belly and boobs. Most people get upset because the chest usually gets smaller first, but not for me. Those things just won't go away! One of the things I look forward to after reaching goal (and having any kids, most likely) is a reduction! A couple of years ago when I was at 150, I still wore a 32H. It was ridiculous.

As far as the belly fat goes, I actually always shocked how much I can tell I've lost, even when it's only a few pounds. Since pretty much every pound comes off my belly I find it really noticeable.
I had a breast reduction 10 years ago and it was 100% paid for by insurance. It was by far, the best surgery I ever had. I had to lose weight to reach the BMI that the insurance company required (I told them it didn't matter if I was 200 or 140 lbs, the boobs would never change, but they didn't care). While I was meeting with the doctor, I asked him about a tummy tuck (since I had lost the weight) but he said since I had gallbladder surgery, I couldn't get one. So, when I lose the weight this time and my tummy starts flapping around, I'll treat myself to some Spanx. LOL
Old 07-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 189.6/139/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I get it at any Heath food store. No aspartame. There is another called pur that appears to be the same but IP doesn't mention it. Even with Spry I have seen them say no more than 5 pieces a day in one post and then only a few times a week in another! Too confusing.
Thanks ChipnDip - I'll have to stop by the local health food store and look for some! I just wish I could chew gum non-stop and not be limited to a few pieces!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #319  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcat63 View Post
I had a breast reduction 10 years ago and it was 100% paid for by insurance. It was by far, the best surgery I ever had.
I second that. I made the mistake of reducing before I lost weight though, so now when I lose weight and the girls go even more I'm like "Nooooo...." In "hindsight" I might have waited until I lost the weight. However, it is taking me longer to lose the weight so I have been blessed with 3 years of "back pain free" so I'm okay with having done it sooner than later. I can always buy padded bras if needed (THAT would be the world's biggest irony if I ever have to buy padded bras...)

For anyone considering breast reduction, I say go for it if you can. You won't be sorry. The girls are higher and happier than they have ever been

Last edited by IP43; 07-14-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #320  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I second that. I made the mistake of reducing before I lost weight though, so now when I lose weight and the girls go even more I'm like "Nooooo...." In "hindsight" I might have waited until I lost the weight. However, it is taking me longer to lose the weight so I have been blessed with 3 years of "back pain free" so I'm okay with having done it sooner than later. I can always buy padded bras if needed (THAT would be the world's biggest irony if I ever have to buy padded bras...)

For anyone considering breast reduction, I say go for it if you can. You won't be sorry. The girls are higher and happier than they have ever been
Did you guys reduce before or after having kids? I don't have any yet, but would like to soon. I've heard there can sometimes be difficulty breastfeeding afterwards. It also seems like that could cause them to sag again afterwards.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #321  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, I've never had to consider a reduction. Lol, I'm pretty normal or was but, now that i'm losing there's not much there. When I lay on my back they go flat. They remind me of eggs over easy . LOLOLOL
Old 07-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

LOL @ Jemma, eggs over easy! LOL I'm a DD, however, mine disappear when I lay down too! Breast feeding four babies and yo-yo dieting will do that to you!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #323  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
LOL @ Jemma, eggs over easy! LOL I'm a DD, however, mine disappear when I lay down too! Breast feeding four babies and yo-yo dieting will do that to you!
Yep I breast feed four kids too. Good for the babies not so good for the momma..
Old 07-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #324  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

We adopted, so I guess I would say wait until you have the kids. My poor mother was a 32AA and lined her cups pre-baby. She ended up a 44D or something during pregnancy. And they never got smaller. Pregnancy definitely can mess with those girls so wait if you can.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 201/189/165

Height: 5`3"

OMG just saw my oncologist (I had breast cancer 5 years ago, am healthy now) He does not want me to do IP because of high soy level.
I guess I have to find something new. maybe low carb

Last edited by jeanl151; 07-15-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:29 PM   #326  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl151 View Post
OMG just say my oncologist (I had breast cancer 5 years ago, am healthy now) He does not want me to do IP because of high soy level.
I think you might still be able to do IP and just stay away from the products with soy in them. I've seen other people on the boards here who have allergies to soy and have still been successful on the program using the soy-free products or maybe incorporating some alternatives in to have more variety. You can probably search the forum for soy-related info or maybe post in the daily chat to see if anyone is still around who has done IP soy-free.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #327  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post

Good to now IP43 - I'm planning a reduction later this year. My bra size is totally insane and I have to order bras since no one carries my size.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl151 View Post
OMG just saw my oncologist (I had breast cancer 5 years ago, am healthy now) He does not want me to do IP because of high soy level.
Lisa (who starts the IP daily chat each morning) had to do IP without soy -so I would message her or if you feel comfortable enough bring this up in the Daily Chat thread for general comments & ideas. It can be done, but you will have very limited choices. I had to limit mine due to being Gluten Free but I did it too. Talk to your potential coach and tell her your doc says NO SOY and she should be able to get you a list of allowed packets. There probably won't be any crisps or bars, but you should be able to do the drinks, puddings, soups.

Liana
Old 07-17-2014, 01:05 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how much splenda you can use in a day? I'm starting to worry that between my morning coffee and evening rhubarb I may be maxing out, or going over, the recommended splenda useage. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #330  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello, I'm new to all this. Started IP this morning. I'm very hopeful for success with this. I will be doing lots of reading for the next few days. Every time I read of success with this I am more motivated...:-)
Closed Thread