Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #31  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Making carb free beef jerky in the dehydrator today. I'm weighing the meat before it's dehydrated and will use an average on weight per slice. We use a meat slicer so thickness is consistent.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #32  

Height: 5'3"

I'm down 3lbs this week! I've lost 15 pounds now. I love it! I was a little disappointed because I was weighing during the week (I usually do NOT do this) and saw a pound lower at one point, then I thought.. you're disappointed in 3 pounds? GET REAL. SO, I'm very excited.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post
I'm down 3lbs this week! I've lost 15 pounds now. I love it! I was a little disappointed because I was weighing during the week (I usually do NOT do this) and saw a pound lower at one point, then I thought.. you're disappointed in 3 pounds? GET REAL. SO, I'm very excited.

Awesomeness!!!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #34  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

S/C/G: 250/240/170

Height: 5'11"

4 days in and my first showdown with restaurant eating...

Found out yesterday that I had a breakfast meeting with a client this morning, so I checked out the menu online and stepped into the restaurant knowing exactly what to order...

Hot green tea, and the low fat vegetarian omelette, no cheese, hold the English muffin please and thank you!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my good news. I reached goal today. 77 pounds on IP since Oct. and 13 pounds on my own before starting- grand total of 90 pounds in one year.

All the people on this site have been helpful and supportive, many thanks to all of you. Maintenance begins on Sat. I am not going anywhere, I realize that the next step takes just as much planning, focus and support.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #36  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
One of my biggest challenges is dinner time. Not tasting, nibbling, what I prepare for my kids. Last night they wanted me to BBQ them burgers. I thought it would kill me but I made myself a 7oz patty and bbq'd it. then had Bigmac in a bowl. It was Delicious. I'm glad that it is summertime, I am utilizing my bbq every night for my protein. I honestly love my dinners.
Big Mac in a bowl?!?!?!? I *must* get this recipe!!! Please share
Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #37  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my good news. I reached goal today. 77 pounds on IP since Oct. and 13 pounds on my own before starting- grand total of 90 pounds in one year.

All the people on this site have been helpful and supportive, many thanks to all of you. Maintenance begins on Sat. I am not going anywhere, I realize that the next step takes just as much planning, focus and support.
That is soooo awesome! We look forward to hearing your tales of maintenance and all the learning that goes with it! CONGRATS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenrusl View Post
cooked beef, lettuce, tomatoes, dill pickles, optional onions if you like it, WF Thousand Island dressing. Meat can be hot or cold - is good either way.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #38  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

S/C/G: 250/240/170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenrusl View Post
Easy peasy lemon squeezy...
extra lean ground beef, seasoned to taste (I use turkey burger!)
1/4 c finely chopped onion (Some people say dehydrated onion gives it more of a Big Mac taste...)
1/4 c finely chopped dill pickles
3/4 c finely shredded iceberg lettuce
1 - 2 tbsp Walden Farms Thousand Island Dressing

Cook and drain the meat, and mix it all up! Ta-da!

I usually use 1 1/2 cups spinach instead of lettuce to fulfill my veggie needs, and/or mix in some tomatoes if I have the room for restricteds.

Last edited by Snuggleburst; 06-12-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #39  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Making carb free beef jerky in the dehydrator today. I'm weighing the meat before it's dehydrated and will use an average on weight per slice. We use a meat slicer so thickness is consistent.
I still may invest in a dehydrator... I love jerky!! And I'm sure it would make better zuchinni chips etc. than I do too...
Old 06-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #40  

Default Congrats!

Congrats on all the great weigh-ins today, but a special
Woohoo!!!!!!
To Slipfree on reaching goal! Another inspiration!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #41  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggleburst View Post
1/4 c finely chopped onion (Some people say dehydrated onion gives it more of a Big Mac taste...)

I usually use 1 1/2 cups spinach instead of lettuce to fulfill my veggie needs, and/or mix in some tomatoes if I have the room for restricteds.
I love your detailed recipe -- you can see my version -- throw stuff in a bowl. My husband always asks "This is good -- Can we ever have it again?".... and the answer is "nope". I own a hundred cookbooks but never follow the recipe. Thanks for clarifying a bit better for the new people who are about to get hooked on the Big Mac salad...mmmmm!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #42  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats everyone on the great WI's! And Slipfree, YAY for such a great accomplishment!

My plan this weekend is to get back OP hard core. I haven't slipped foodwise, everything I eat is OP, but I have very much fallen off the planning wagon. Every day this week I haven't taken time to plan my lunches the night before, and every day I am scrambling come noontime to find something. Today was the worst...I was so busy at work that I could only have my blueberry drink to hold me over and I had to wait until 3:30 to run out and grab a Chipotle bowl to eat. NO GOOD! I know I am really over committing myself to extracurriculars if I can't even take time for myself to plan a meal. So this weekend, I am sitting and planning it out and prepping in advance. I also just got back from the Asian market where I got a TON of awesome veggies for cheap! Excited to try out the jicama I got.

Last edited by pishposhappelsauce; 06-12-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #43  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggleburst View Post

Oh.My.Goodness!!! I can't wait to try this! Thanks!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #44  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Congrats everyone on the great WI's! And Slipfree, YAY for such a great accomplishment!

My plan this weekend is to get back OP hard core. I haven't slipped foodwise, everything I eat is OP, but I have very much fallen off the planning wagon. Every day this week I haven't taken time to plan my lunches the night before, and every day I am scrambling come noontime to find something. Today was the worst...I was so busy at work that I could only have my blueberry drink to hold me over and I had to wait until 3:30 to run out and grab a Chipotle bowl to eat. NO GOOD! I know I am really over committing myself to extracurriculars if I can't even take time for myself to plan a meal. So this weekend, I am sitting and planning it out and prepping in advance. I also just got back from the Asian market where I got a TON of awesome veggies for cheap! Excited to try out the jicama I got.
What do you get at Chipotle?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #45  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post

My plan this weekend is to get back OP hard core. I haven't slipped foodwise, everything I eat is OP, but I have very much fallen off the planning wagon. Every day this week I haven't taken time to plan my lunches the night before, and every day I am scrambling come noontime to find something. Today was the worst...
This has been me too ... This morning we had to stop at a grocery store so I could get a salad for lunch. Didn't have breakfast either, but had my IP puddings at work -- had one for breakfast, lunch and snack. I don't think anyone should eat $12 in pudding in one day! LOL (just imagine that visual for people who don't know the cost of our packs!) Not to mention, I'm not a "petite" girl. 3 IP puddings and a small salad do not curb the hungries for this gal! By supper I had all 8 oz of my steak - and it's a good thing there wasn't more!

Last edited by IP43; 06-12-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Closed Thread