3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

First Time Success Stories?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #31
IP since February 12/14
 
ChipnDip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 597

S/C/G: 249/158.5/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

That is where I struggle. My coach stinks. Weigh, measure, buy my stuff. I have taught myself through reading Dr.tran's book and 3FC. I would go on alts but I need my crisps and wafers! I am pretty sure they wouldn't cut me off if they knew I was mixing and she may not even notice. I used to buy 5 or 6 boxes a week in the beginning so I could have variety. So I could go weeks without buying but wouldn't have my faves. I think I will try doing it and see if she notices as the cost is getting to me.

My doc just started this clinic and I am "proud" to say that I am the BIGGEST loser. A bit of a sad accomplishment but none of the other ladies with as much to lose stayed with the program. I'm already considering lowering my goal weight. I am about to be the lowest I have been in 10 years. My goal was the weight I got to 14 years ago.

I know when I hit maintenance that I will fully embrace my fun days and that is why they are there but it will be one day and not seven.
__________________




WI 1: 8.5, WI 2: -6.5, WI 3: -4.5, WI 4: -2, WI 5: -2, WI 6: -3, WI 7: -3.5, WI 8: -2.5, WI 9: -2, WI 10: -4, WI 11: -1, WI 12: -3.5, WI 13: -2, WI 14: -3.5, WI 14: -2.5, WI 15: -2, WI 16:-2.5, WI 17: -2.5, WI 18: -4.5, WI 19:-2, WI 20: -.5, WI 21:-2, WI 22: -3, WI 23: -2.5, WI 23/24: -4, WI 25: -2.5, WI 26: -1, WI 27: -3, WI 28: -1.5, WI 29: -3.5, WI 30/31:-2.5
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #32
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,906

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

CONGRATS on being the biggest loser! You are doing so well. I would say that you should talk to your coach about the cost and see if she can help you out. You are her "poster child" for success. She would probably keep you on and continue to support you, and just let you buy the wafers when you need them, because I'm sure it is great for others to see your progress. Something to think about.... your "loss" is her "gain" so maybe she will work something out with you to help you stay on that is more affordable?
__________________
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #33
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,261

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
That is where I struggle. My coach stinks. Weigh, measure, buy my stuff. I have taught myself through reading Dr.tran's book and 3FC. I would go on alts but I need my crisps and wafers!
Nashua has a full selection of wafers & they're equally as yummy. I used to get them there before I restricted soy/gluten.

The unrestricted crisps are IP-as far as I'm aware. Due to the soy, I don't look for them anywhere.

You've done a fabulous job of self-teaching! I wouldn't throw too much $ at an unhelpful coach. If I choose to go back to a clinic, it won't be my previous clinic. I did not feel supported when I started developing medical issues.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,499

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

I feel your pain, ChipNDip: It is hard when you don't have that support... but at least you armed yourself with knowledge and you have the rest of the IP 3FC forum to cheer you on & help! Perhaps that is the reason the other ladies dropped out... this is not an easy diet to follow if you are social at all. They had no support while they were hard at work on the plan. I would just continue with the coach weighing & measuring (if that isn't extra cost) and get your pep talks from us, lol. Why not go for alternatives, except for your faves. She probably won't even notice anyhow.

Good going, you will be in maintenance before you know it!

Liana
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #35
IP since February 12/14
 
ChipnDip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 597

S/C/G: 249/158.5/160

Height: 5'4"

Default

[

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Nashua has a full selection of wafers & they're equally as yummy. I used to get them there before I restricted soy/gluten.

The unrestricted crisps are IP-as far as I'm aware. Due to the soy, I don't look for them anywhere.
I live in Ontario so shipping doesn't make Nashua much of a savings. I bought vanilla protidiet but do not like them at all. Because the protidiet packs are smaller, the BBQ and white cheddar ridges are 8 carbs so technically unrestricted, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I feel your pain, ChipNDip: It is hard when you don't have that support... but at least you armed yourself with knowledge and you have the rest of the IP 3FC forum to cheer you on & help! Perhaps that is the reason the other ladies dropped out... this is not an easy diet to follow if you are social at all. They had no support while they were hard at work on the plan. I would just continue with the coach weighing & measuring (if that isn't extra cost) and get your pep talks from us, lol. Why not go for alternatives, except for your faves. She probably won't even notice anyhow.

Good going, you will be in maintenance before you know it!

Liana
The other "big" girl quit because she kept cheating and found it too expensive. Luckily o don't pay extra for anything. Just the cost of food. And you are very right that I don't think she would question if all I said was, I have lots at home still. I'm thinking of going biweekly too since I'm not getting anything extra out of the visits. She is a really nice person though. She just hasn't had the time or experience to be all that helpful.
__________________




WI 1: 8.5, WI 2: -6.5, WI 3: -4.5, WI 4: -2, WI 5: -2, WI 6: -3, WI 7: -3.5, WI 8: -2.5, WI 9: -2, WI 10: -4, WI 11: -1, WI 12: -3.5, WI 13: -2, WI 14: -3.5, WI 14: -2.5, WI 15: -2, WI 16:-2.5, WI 17: -2.5, WI 18: -4.5, WI 19:-2, WI 20: -.5, WI 21:-2, WI 22: -3, WI 23: -2.5, WI 23/24: -4, WI 25: -2.5, WI 26: -1, WI 27: -3, WI 28: -1.5, WI 29: -3.5, WI 30/31:-2.5
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #36
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,906

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

I still think ChipnDip that you are an asset to that clinic. Look how much we here look to our veterans/success stories for advice. Not everyone in clinics even knows about this forum. So if you can stay there, even bi-weekly, it would be good for them to have advice from someone being successful at this thing
__________________
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 464

Default

Hello. I consider myself a first-time success story, and others may disagree, in that I have been hanging around my goal weight for over a year and a half. Have their been reboots? Yes, but according to Tran there should be annually to reset the pancreas. I have never exceeded 10lbs of my total loss because I know I have to monitor. Am I always diligent? No and that is where the creep comes in. However, I made a commitment a long time ago that I would not go again where I once was. I correct it quickly and jump back on phase 1. Maintenance is really a journey...seeing what works and what doesn't. I really do not regard having to get back on as a failure. In fact, I find it quite the opposite. It is empowering to know that when you need to, you have the resources to get back to you again.

I never have maintained like this before and I tribute it to the restarts.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
canadjineh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,499

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hello. I consider myself a first-time success story, and others may disagree, in that I have been hanging around my goal weight for over a year and a half. Have their been reboots? Yes, but according to Tran there should be annually to reset the pancreas. I have never exceeded 10lbs of my total loss because I know I have to monitor. I never have maintained like this before and I tribute it to the restarts.
According to what I was taught you have been in maintenance all this time. Phase 1 after fundays is not a reboot, just a way of life. How do you do a Phase 1 reboot (several days/weeks worth?) periodically to reset pancreas without losing more weight, or do you mean if one has let things get away from them, past the range for goal??

Not certain I understand what you mean... can you explain a little more? Thx!
Liana
__________________


At goal or below since March 5, 2014
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 464

Default

Hi Liana. I really have never done phase 1 days after a fun day unless I wake up feeling really bloated, etc. I have with my coaches suggestion eaten most meals like suggested in maintenance but allowed 3-4 meals a week where I have what I want within reason. The few reboots I have done over the last year and a half have been anywhere from 1-3 days to the last in February that was 28 days. This past three months, I have eaten out much more than I have in months combined and I have noticed that I am 10lbs over my max goal weight of 135 as of yesterday morning. In this case, I am doing phase 1 until my vacation (july 1) and depending on where I am at when I return I may have to get back to phase 1.

all in all what I have done is very closely watched the scale and when it hits #'s I don't want to see, I make some drastic changes and do phase 1 until I feel good again.

Does that make sense? Anyhow, I am still figuring it all out and plan on going more the IP maintenance route when I return from VK but over the past year and a half it has been a journey of learning my body.

You seem to be doing amazing in maintenance. Congrats on your success!

Raychel
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 213/172/175

Height: 5'11"

Default

I consider myself a first time success. i started ip in may of 2013, lost 37lbs, and am now 3 lbs under my goal weight. i have been in maintenance almost a year now.

The reason i have been successful is I started exercising after i finished ip. I try to run 3-4 days a week. It's about 30 min of cardio. That seems to be enough for me.

when my weight creeps up to my target weight(usually at the end of every weekend) i eat really lean for a few days and I am right back where i want to be. I try to eat well 75% of the time.
__________________
MDLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #41
Started IP 4/7/2014
 
pishposhappelsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 281

S/C/G: 225/168.2/165

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLoser View Post
I consider myself a first time success. i started ip in may of 2013, lost 37lbs, and am now 3 lbs under my goal weight. i have been in maintenance almost a year now.

The reason i have been successful is I started exercising after i finished ip. I try to run 3-4 days a week. It's about 30 min of cardio. That seems to be enough for me.

when my weight creeps up to my target weight(usually at the end of every weekend) i eat really lean for a few days and I am right back where i want to be. I try to eat well 75% of the time.
Hey MDLoser, I'm curious, were you always a runner or did you just start running after IP? I have tried Couch to 5K programs in the past with little success, mostly because it was somewhat painful with the extra weight...I've never even been able to run a full mile. I'm hoping to pick up running once I reach maintenance. Would love to hear how you did it!
__________________


Mini Goal 1: Reach onederland by beach vacation, June 20 Met Goal: June 3
Mini Goal 2: 180s by birthday July 10. Met Goal: July 8 at 188.8 lbs
Mini Goal 3: Down 50 pounds total by Labor Day Met Goal: August 26 at 174.6
Mini Goal 3: Goal by vacation Oct. 16
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 29

S/C/G: 213/172/175

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Hey MDLoser, I'm curious, were you always a runner or did you just start running after IP? I have tried Couch to 5K programs in the past with little success, mostly because it was somewhat painful with the extra weight...I've never even been able to run a full mile. I'm hoping to pick up running once I reach maintenance. Would love to hear how you did it!
I always hated running. even when was a good athlete 20yrs ago i didn't run distance well at all. i really hadn't ran much for 15 years. I had an old injury i had used as an excuse not to run.

I just decided i was going to start doing it a few times a week. It was hard getting started, but after the first month it started getting easier. its one of those things that just gets easier as you get in better shape. and definitely easier after you drop your weight.

I started running less than a year ago. when i started i couldn't run 2 miles and i was running slow, like 10min+ miles. now I run anywhere from 3-7 miles with pretty good pace. I have done a couple 5ks now and can keep my pace under 8min miles. I think if you can get through the first month and make it a habit, you can make it part of a long term routine.

Running was hard and painful when i was fat and out of shape. Now its pretty easy. I wouldn't go as far as to say I like it, but the benefits are great. Running really tightens up your body and you do feel good afterwards. and it will help you keep your weight where you want it.

Give it a real try for a month or 2 after your done phase 1.
__________________
MDLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2