Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

If all goes well, we will spend tomorrow up at our mountain property as everything for the house and driveway have been staked and marked in preparation for breaking ground, maybe Friday.

So while hubby is off playing golf today and early tomorrow morning, I am playing domestic goddess in advance so we can go. If ground is broken this week, I am celebrating with a delicious bottle of champagne.......

smashed across the bulldozer! No alcohol for me.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Just finished running all my errands to get ready for vacation. Got a pretty soft sided cooler for my meals, several varieties of WF dressing packets, tuna in pouches. Now to haul out the suitcase and decide what to pack. It's HOT here today. 95 degrees. Glad to be back in the A/C!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #48  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Thank you so much Ruth Ann for responding. You have done such a great job with maintainence. I'm not sure what would be different maintaining at 158 or 170 because I thought for maintenance it was just an extra 500 calories a day. But I guess if one was smaller you'd require fewer calories. I'm not sick of phase 1 I feel good but could see myself staying on for a couple more months and seeing what my body says. I'm not "fighting" for these last 10 lbs so maybe my body is saying "don't get excited your not done yet".
Your maintenance calories really depend on your size and activity level. I'm maintaining on between 1400 and 1500 a day - more if I'm really active. You're bigger than I am so you will probably have a bigger calorie allowance on maintenance.

And good for you for thinking ahead - you've done so great already, you should do great in maintenance!
Old 06-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #49  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I was losing when mine was 6.95. I went on meds and THEN my WL slowed. It stalled later
Did they only do TSH or the whole thyroid panel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Ok...sorry no quotes:

Readytolive: Holy Crud! You will feel soooooo much better with thyroid meds!
I've been on thyroid medicine for many years, though I was without medicine for about 2 years (long story). When I was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism (and later Hashimotos), my level was up to 10.49. Yikes, I know. He upped it only 25 mcg. I hope it doesn't mess with my weight loss after the fact. He only ran the TSH this time. I'm looking around for a new doctor anyway; he's just not for me.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #50  

Height: 5'3"

And I present to you crispy parmesan rolls! OH MY GOSH!!! These are so delicious. My apple cinnamon muffins are now in the oven. I think I might be putting these in the recipe thread. They are so cheap too! 99 cents at Walgreens instead of $1.50 on Nashua. I'M SO EXCITED I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 305/262.8/180

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post

And I present to you crispy parmesan rolls! OH MY GOSH!!! These are so delicious. My apple cinnamon muffins are now in the oven. I think I might be putting these in the recipe thread. They are so cheap too! 99 cents at Walgreens instead of $1.50 on Nashua. I'M SO EXCITED I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.
Please share recipe. Those look delicious. Need to go to Walgreens ASAP!!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
:cheer3

GUESS WHO'S IN ONEDERLAND?????? YEP ME WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
:ball oons:
Old 06-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

For some reason when I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized I have lost 30 real pounds. Not just some imaginary number but real meaningful weight loss. And I can actually tell. It was so encouraging and motivating for me!
I think I couldn't see it because I was waiting to fail. But I can do this!!!!

It helped that DH and I went out of town spontaneously last night. And I stayed OP and enjoyed myself tremendously WITHOUT everything being about food.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Great NSV, Dangeron! Not only can you do it, you are doing it!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #55  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Happy weekend everyone! So many great posts that I wish I would have checked to respond to, now can't remember them all.

I have not posted much lately but I have continued to check in regularly and read, and I am very inspired by all of you who have been going through tough times but fight on. This site just rocks with enthusiasm and motivation and daily I am encouraged to continue.

Well, I have been fighting on towards onderland myself and on my scale 2 days ago, I made it: 199.6!!! I have not officially updated my ticker because I am waiting for the clinic scale to say it since that is what I have been posting by. So this morning when I was brave and weighed, I was above 200 again!! I thought, OH NO! Not that 2 again!! Anyway, because of this site I have learned how to objectively interpret scale numbers, and I know that this is just a normal fluctuation and nothing to get bent about. So to all of those that reached onederland recently, my advice is to stay off the scale until your next weekly weigh in!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #56  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
For some reason when I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized I have lost 30 real pounds. Not just some imaginary number but real meaningful weight loss. And I can actually tell. It was so encouraging and motivating for me!
I think I couldn't see it because I was waiting to fail. But I can do this!!!!

It helped that DH and I went out of town spontaneously last night. And I stayed OP and enjoyed myself tremendously WITHOUT everything being about food.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
This is awesome! So inspiring!!!!
Old 06-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

IP43 -thank you and I agree with you all have been saying, might as well stick with it cuz I'm not sick of it and see what happens.

Schenectady - how are your eyes? I have noticed are stats are close. You are doing great. Keep up the great work. I look forward to being on maintenance with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Well, I have been fighting on towards onderland myself and on my scale 2 days ago, I made it: 199.6!!! I have not officially updated my ticker because I am waiting for the clinic scale to say it since that is what I have been posting by. So this morning when I was brave and weighed, I was above 200 again!! I thought, OH NO! Not that 2 again!! Anyway, because of this site I have learned how to objectively interpret scale numbers, and I know that this is just a normal fluctuation and nothing to get bent about. So to all of those that reached onederland recently, my advice is to stay off the scale until your next weekly weigh in!
Berlo - I'm sure you will get there in the next day or so. Great attitude about staying off the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Your maintenance calories really depend on your size and activity level. I'm maintaining on between 1400 and 1500 a day - more if I'm really active. You're bigger than I am so you will probably have a bigger calorie allowance on maintenance.
And good for you for thinking ahead - you've done so great already, you should do great in maintenance!
Thanks Ruth Ann that is helpful and hopeful

Ran my first 5km tonight in approx 31 minutes. Felt great but my lungs were hurting. Guess I need to work on my breathing. Would not have been able to run that a year ago.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post

1.39 at my Walgreens
Old 06-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #59  

Hi, day five on alternatives, going well.
Got about 40 ounces of water in.
I'm a woman in my 50s, and have about 100 lbs to lose
Looking forward to getting a few weeks into this, but glad I'm on my way.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #60  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Hooray for you and congrats on realizing that the scale blips are normal. Seeming the scale jump around used to freak me out but now I think "that's interesting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
IP43 -thank you and I agree with you all have been saying, might as well stick with it cuz I'm not sick of it and see what happens.

Thanks Ruth Ann that is helpful and hopeful

Ran my first 5km tonight in approx 31 minutes. Felt great but my lungs were hurting. Guess I need to work on my breathing. Would not have been able to run that a year ago.
Good for you! I've never been a runner (well, except in the military) but I thought about taking it up - ortho doc put the kibosh on that one. Said to stick to walking. I admire those who can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For the win View Post
Hi, day five on alternatives, going well.
Got about 40 ounces of water in.
I'm a woman in my 50s, and have about 100 lbs to lose
Looking forward to getting a few weeks into this, but glad I'm on my way.
Welcome! Congrats for getting started - you'll love it here! You'll get the hang of it really quick and be sure to ask if you have questions or just need some support, the people here are really good at that!

You might want to up your water - like about double the 40 ounces. Really important to get all your water in. I know it seems like a lot at first, but it becomes a habit. I now feel lost if I forget my water bottle when I'm out and about.
Closed Thread