3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat - Sat 6/7-Sun 6/8/2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
schenectady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Metro Seattle
Posts: 914

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/187/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default

If all goes well, we will spend tomorrow up at our mountain property as everything for the house and driveway have been staked and marked in preparation for breaking ground, maybe Friday.

So while hubby is off playing golf today and early tomorrow morning, I am playing domestic goddess in advance so we can go. If ground is broken this week, I am celebrating with a delicious bottle of champagne.......

smashed across the bulldozer! No alcohol for me.
__________________


schenectady is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
catlady1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 381

S/C/G: 206/149.9/150

Height: 5'2"

Default

Just finished running all my errands to get ready for vacation. Got a pretty soft sided cooler for my meals, several varieties of WF dressing packets, tuna in pouches. Now to haul out the suitcase and decide what to pack. It's HOT here today. 95 degrees. Glad to be back in the A/C!
__________________
- Andrea



Goal #1 - 150 lbs - Goal Met!! 149.9 10/11/14
Goal #2 - 136 lbs - By 12/31/14?

Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym.
catlady1981 is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #48
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,736

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Thank you so much Ruth Ann for responding. You have done such a great job with maintainence. I'm not sure what would be different maintaining at 158 or 170 because I thought for maintenance it was just an extra 500 calories a day. But I guess if one was smaller you'd require fewer calories. I'm not sick of phase 1 I feel good but could see myself staying on for a couple more months and seeing what my body says. I'm not "fighting" for these last 10 lbs so maybe my body is saying "don't get excited your not done yet".
Your maintenance calories really depend on your size and activity level. I'm maintaining on between 1400 and 1500 a day - more if I'm really active. You're bigger than I am so you will probably have a bigger calorie allowance on maintenance.

And good for you for thinking ahead - you've done so great already, you should do great in maintenance!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #49
IP ON 5/15/14
 
readytolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 319/293/159

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I was losing when mine was 6.95. I went on meds and THEN my WL slowed. It stalled later
Did they only do TSH or the whole thyroid panel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Ok...sorry no quotes:

Readytolive: Holy Crud! You will feel soooooo much better with thyroid meds!
I've been on thyroid medicine for many years, though I was without medicine for about 2 years (long story). When I was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism (and later Hashimotos), my level was up to 10.49. Yikes, I know. He upped it only 25 mcg. I hope it doesn't mess with my weight loss after the fact. He only ran the TSH this time. I'm looking around for a new doctor anyway; he's just not for me.
__________________


WI#1 (05/22/14) -5lbs
WI#2 (05/29/14) -5lbs
WI#3 (06/05/14) -2lbs (T)
WI#4 (06/12/14) -3lbs
WI#5 (06/19/14) -1lbs
WI#6 (06/25/14) -3lbs
WI#7/7.5 (07/07/14) -5lbs (Vaca) (T)
WI#8 (07/10/14) -2lbs

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again."
readytolive is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #50
IP ON 5/15/14
 
readytolive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 319/293/159

Height: 5'3"

Default


And I present to you crispy parmesan rolls! OH MY GOSH!!! These are so delicious. My apple cinnamon muffins are now in the oven. I think I might be putting these in the recipe thread. They are so cheap too! 99 cents at Walgreens instead of $1.50 on Nashua. I'M SO EXCITED I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.
__________________


WI#1 (05/22/14) -5lbs
WI#2 (05/29/14) -5lbs
WI#3 (06/05/14) -2lbs (T)
WI#4 (06/12/14) -3lbs
WI#5 (06/19/14) -1lbs
WI#6 (06/25/14) -3lbs
WI#7/7.5 (07/07/14) -5lbs (Vaca) (T)
WI#8 (07/10/14) -2lbs

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again."
readytolive is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #51
Member
 
Butterfly queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 44

S/C/G: 305/262.8/180

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post

And I present to you crispy parmesan rolls! OH MY GOSH!!! These are so delicious. My apple cinnamon muffins are now in the oven. I think I might be putting these in the recipe thread. They are so cheap too! 99 cents at Walgreens instead of $1.50 on Nashua. I'M SO EXCITED I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.
Please share recipe. Those look delicious. Need to go to Walgreens ASAP!!
__________________
Butterfly queen is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,070

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
:cheer3

GUESS WHO'S IN ONEDERLAND?????? YEP ME WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
:ball oons:
__________________
Laurie

Met Goal Aug 2013
Rebooted Summer 2014

JLUS is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #53
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 85

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

For some reason when I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized I have lost 30 real pounds. Not just some imaginary number but real meaningful weight loss. And I can actually tell. It was so encouraging and motivating for me!
I think I couldn't see it because I was waiting to fail. But I can do this!!!!

It helped that DH and I went out of town spontaneously last night. And I stayed OP and enjoyed myself tremendously WITHOUT everything being about food.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
dangeron is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Slipfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 1,534

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default

Great NSV, Dangeron! Not only can you do it, you are doing it!
__________________
Now residing in ONEDERLAND for the rest of my life!


Started maintenance: June 14, 2014
Slipfree is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #55
IP Start 2/5/13
 
brelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 184

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Happy weekend everyone! So many great posts that I wish I would have checked to respond to, now can't remember them all.

I have not posted much lately but I have continued to check in regularly and read, and I am very inspired by all of you who have been going through tough times but fight on. This site just rocks with enthusiasm and motivation and daily I am encouraged to continue.

Well, I have been fighting on towards onderland myself and on my scale 2 days ago, I made it: 199.6!!! I have not officially updated my ticker because I am waiting for the clinic scale to say it since that is what I have been posting by. So this morning when I was brave and weighed, I was above 200 again!! I thought, OH NO! Not that 2 again!! Anyway, because of this site I have learned how to objectively interpret scale numbers, and I know that this is just a normal fluctuation and nothing to get bent about. So to all of those that reached onederland recently, my advice is to stay off the scale until your next weekly weigh in!
__________________
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]


Feb 13- Jan 14, 73 pounds lost, regained 20 during 4 months off
Jan 17, 2014 reboot: -7, -5, -1, -1, -3, 0, -2, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -5
brelo is offline  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #56
Start IP 5/8/14
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
For some reason when I woke up this morning, I suddenly realized I have lost 30 real pounds. Not just some imaginary number but real meaningful weight loss. And I can actually tell. It was so encouraging and motivating for me!
I think I couldn't see it because I was waiting to fail. But I can do this!!!!

It helped that DH and I went out of town spontaneously last night. And I stayed OP and enjoyed myself tremendously WITHOUT everything being about food.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
This is awesome! So inspiring!!!!
Jenrusl is offline  
Old 06-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Jenny38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Posts: 375

S/C/G: 282/157/170

Height: 5.6

Default

IP43 -thank you and I agree with you all have been saying, might as well stick with it cuz I'm not sick of it and see what happens.

Schenectady - how are your eyes? I have noticed are stats are close. You are doing great. Keep up the great work. I look forward to being on maintenance with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Well, I have been fighting on towards onderland myself and on my scale 2 days ago, I made it: 199.6!!! I have not officially updated my ticker because I am waiting for the clinic scale to say it since that is what I have been posting by. So this morning when I was brave and weighed, I was above 200 again!! I thought, OH NO! Not that 2 again!! Anyway, because of this site I have learned how to objectively interpret scale numbers, and I know that this is just a normal fluctuation and nothing to get bent about. So to all of those that reached onederland recently, my advice is to stay off the scale until your next weekly weigh in!
Berlo - I'm sure you will get there in the next day or so. Great attitude about staying off the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Your maintenance calories really depend on your size and activity level. I'm maintaining on between 1400 and 1500 a day - more if I'm really active. You're bigger than I am so you will probably have a bigger calorie allowance on maintenance.
And good for you for thinking ahead - you've done so great already, you should do great in maintenance!
Thanks Ruth Ann that is helpful and hopeful

Ran my first 5km tonight in approx 31 minutes. Felt great but my lungs were hurting. Guess I need to work on my breathing. Would not have been able to run that a year ago.
__________________
Jenny38 is offline  
Old 06-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #58
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,317

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytolive View Post

And I present to you crispy parmesan rolls! OH MY GOSH!!! These are so delicious. My apple cinnamon muffins are now in the oven. I think I might be putting these in the recipe thread. They are so cheap too! 99 cents at Walgreens instead of $1.50 on Nashua. I'M SO EXCITED I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.
1.39 at my Walgreens
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 06-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #59
Junior Member
 
For the win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2

Default

Hi, day five on alternatives, going well.
Got about 40 ounces of water in.
I'm a woman in my 50s, and have about 100 lbs to lose
Looking forward to getting a few weeks into this, but glad I'm on my way.
For the win is offline  
Old 06-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #60
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,736

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Well, I have been fighting on towards onderland myself and on my scale 2 days ago, I made it: 199.6!!! I have not officially updated my ticker because I am waiting for the clinic scale to say it since that is what I have been posting by. So this morning when I was brave and weighed, I was above 200 again!! I thought, OH NO! Not that 2 again!! Anyway, because of this site I have learned how to objectively interpret scale numbers, and I know that this is just a normal fluctuation and nothing to get bent about. So to all of those that reached onederland recently, my advice is to stay off the scale until your next weekly weigh in!
Hooray for you and congrats on realizing that the scale blips are normal. Seeming the scale jump around used to freak me out but now I think "that's interesting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
IP43 -thank you and I agree with you all have been saying, might as well stick with it cuz I'm not sick of it and see what happens.

Thanks Ruth Ann that is helpful and hopeful

Ran my first 5km tonight in approx 31 minutes. Felt great but my lungs were hurting. Guess I need to work on my breathing. Would not have been able to run that a year ago.
Good for you! I've never been a runner (well, except in the military) but I thought about taking it up - ortho doc put the kibosh on that one. Said to stick to walking. I admire those who can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For the win View Post
Hi, day five on alternatives, going well.
Got about 40 ounces of water in.
I'm a woman in my 50s, and have about 100 lbs to lose
Looking forward to getting a few weeks into this, but glad I'm on my way.
Welcome! Congrats for getting started - you'll love it here! You'll get the hang of it really quick and be sure to ask if you have questions or just need some support, the people here are really good at that!

You might want to up your water - like about double the 40 ounces. Really important to get all your water in. I know it seems like a lot at first, but it becomes a habit. I now feel lost if I forget my water bottle when I'm out and about.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2