Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Micormanaging the scale is futile.
Daily weight fluctuations are NORMAL
So is remaining the same weight for a week or more (while dieting)
For anyone who is stressing over the scale, put the silly thing away. What is going to happen will happen whether you micromanage every moment of it or not. The stress increases cortisol which reduces fat loss.
I suggest using the energy to figure out creative ways to remain OP 100%

Here is your Friday Beck Diet Thought:

Friday Weekend Warm-up: If you think, “Weekends should be about fun, not about dieting,” remind yourself that eating healthfully and having fun are not mutually exclusive. Just because you may not eat everything you want doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy what you do eat (and every other non-eating activity you do). Besides, being on track feels so much better than feeling out of control.
Thank you for this!!
Old 06-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #17  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
What are you "eager" for? Are you not losing weight? If it is all financial, have an alternative product for your 4th packet. There are MANY reasonable priced products out there...
Do you no longer have a coach?
I still have a coach, but she isn't as knowledgeable as the first one and I've stopped asking for advice (which probably means I should just make the jump to alternatives now!). And, I am losing weight but regardless of which products I use I am not sure if I should wait until I get under 200 to drop the 4th packet or if I can do it sooner.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

from lisa32989"Micromanaging the scale is futile.

Daily weight fluctuations are NORMAL
So is remaining the same weight for a week or more (while dieting)
For anyone who is stressing over the scale, put the silly thing away. What is going to happen will happen whether you micromanage every moment of it or not. The stress increases cortisol which reduces fat loss.
I suggest using the energy to figure out creative ways to remain OP 100%
[B]"

I know, Lisa, you are right. And, I am down 1 pound despite being perfect. Faced ups all week, but I know, I know, I know.

Here is to a better result on the scale next week, and a calmer week. I think stress did me in with inflammations of my inner eye, corticosteroids, and driving home 15 miles in the bright sunshine during rush hour traffic with dilated eyes!

(What would I have said to one of my kids if he did that, hum?)

Last edited by schenectady; 06-06-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Today is day 5 of my reboot. Difference this time is that I am using all alternative products. As of this morning I am down 5 pounds. While I know that it is water, I am still happy to see the scale move. My official weigh day to Monday.

My challenge will be the upcoming weekend. We are spending our weekends on Cape Cod and enjoy snacking and wine around the campfire. I can do this!!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #20  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
For those of you who started at over 200 lbs and were eating 4 packets - at what weight did you decrease to 3 packets? My original coach (who has since left) told me we would start talking about it when I reached 210 and I am getting close to that. From a financial standpoint, I am eager to drop to 3 but I don't want to do it too soon.
I was 250 but only ate 4 packets for the first few days, my coach never suggested that I could have more do to my weight, he did say if I felt hungry at any time have a fourth and he still says that, however if I feel hungry I try to do other things, there have been a few occasions where I really felt famished and I couldn't get my mind off of it so I had a boiled egg and it worked.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #21  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I was 250 but only ate 4 packets for the first few days, my coach never suggested that I could have more do to my weight, he did say if I felt hungry at any time have a fourth and he still says that, however if I feel hungry I try to do other things, there have been a few occasions where I really felt famished and I couldn't get my mind off of it so I had a boiled egg and it worked.
I started at 257 and only had 3 packets the whole time (except just before and after surgery). Lots of water and lettuce and hot tea! Like you, boiled eggs were great sometimes and most of the time I just ate the white and gave the yolk to my cat.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #22  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

beating myself in the head lol, just kidding. Oh the scale is toying with me lol, 200.8, then back to 202, and this morning 200.4.... SOOO CLOSE it actually paused around 198.. dumb scale anyway lol. So glad I'm gonna be there soon.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #23  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Today is day 5 of my reboot. Difference this time is that I am using all alternative products. As of this morning I am down 5 pounds. While I know that it is water, I am still happy to see the scale move. My official weigh day to Monday.

My challenge will be the upcoming weekend. We are spending our weekends on Cape Cod and enjoy snacking and wine around the campfire. I can do this!!

Have a wonderful weekend.
I'm on day 5 of my reboot too and I've lost 5 lbs too! LOL Feels great, don't it? Stay strong over the weekend! You can do this!

Quote:
beating myself in the head lol, just kidding. Oh the scale is toying with me lol, 200.8, then back to 202, and this morning 200.4.... SOOO CLOSE it actually paused around 198.. dumb scale anyway lol. So glad I'm gonna be there soon.
You'll be there in no time! We're all rooting for you!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #24  
Started IP 4/27/14

S/C/G: 195/170/160

Height: 5'9

TGIF! So excited its Friday! It's weigh in day! It is also my last day of going to my coach (although she doesn't know that yet). I am going to get one last weigh in and measurements and advice. I just can't afford it anymore. I have done all my research (although I still have TONS left to read and research), but I know I can do it on my own...especially with all of you ladies! I am having a wonderful day so far, as I put on my favorite pair of jeans from 4 years ago that I wasn't even able to button 3 weeks ago and they FIT! WOO HOO! I could care less about my actual weight at this point! I am in my cute jeans and love it! Happy Friday ya'll!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #25  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I started at 257 and only had 3 packets the whole time (except just before and after surgery). Lots of water and lettuce and hot tea! Like you, boiled eggs were great sometimes and most of the time I just ate the white and gave the yolk to my cat.
Thanks, Amber and Ruth Ann! I know there are folks who never did the 4, plus my original coach also alluded to the fact that I'll know when it's time to decrease to 3, which all probably means that I can drop it now whenever I feel I'm ready. I am not sure if I am, I just want to start thinking about it.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppertree View Post
but regardless of which products I use I am not sure if I should wait until I get under 200 to drop the 4th packet or if I can do it sooner.
If you feel ready, give it a try, you can always make the 4th optional for a little while

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Here is to a better result on the scale next week, and a calmer week. I think stress did me in with inflammations of my inner eye, corticosteroids, and driving home 15 miles in the bright sunshine during rush hour traffic with dilated eyes!
OMG I've had iritis before. Very painful. I hope that isn't what you are dealing with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyo17 View Post
TGIF! So excited its Friday! I am having a wonderful day so far, as I put on my favorite pair of jeans from 4 years ago that I wasn't even able to button 3 weeks ago and they FIT! WOO HOO! I could care less about my actual weight at this point! I am in my cute jeans and love it! Happy Friday ya'll!
Now, THAT is the attitude, rather than micromanagement of a scale you can't control! Focusing on what is going right is the way to make more things go right! Rock on!

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-06-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:
TGIF! So excited its Friday! It's weigh in day! It is also my last day of going to my coach (although she doesn't know that yet). I am going to get one last weigh in and measurements and advice. I just can't afford it anymore. I have done all my research (although I still have TONS left to read and research), but I know I can do it on my own...especially with all of you ladies! I am having a wonderful day so far, as I put on my favorite pair of jeans from 4 years ago that I wasn't even able to button 3 weeks ago and they FIT! WOO HOO! I could care less about my actual weight at this point! I am in my cute jeans and love it! Happy Friday ya'll!
That's the way to think! I think the same way...Congrats on the cute jeans!!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #28  
Started IP 4/27/14

S/C/G: 195/170/160

Height: 5'9

Thanks you guys! My husband came home from work this morning (he is a firefighter and was working since Wednesday morning) and I had my jeans on and he asked if they were the ones I always wore when we first met! I said yes and gave him a huge hug and a thank you! I love that he noticed! They he said good job and I am proud of you! I don't really need anything else!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #29  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good morning and happy Friday ,
I will be leaving today to spend the weekend with my boyfriend and his son....My boyfriend has no clue what one slip up can lead to. He has no clue how hard dieting is and frankly encourages me to cheat....
I honestly think he just wants you to know he loves you the way you are and doesn't want you to feel you have to worry about weight. If you explain how important it is to you and that this isn't a regular plan -- it's like a 'science expt' that the results can change by having those treats -- he'll understand a bit more about tempting you. I think it's awesome he wants you to feel loved the way you are ... To be devil's advocate however, he may have insecurities himself that he doesn't realize. You are wanting to become a sexy hot woman and while it's for you and him, maybe subconsciously he worries about that?

Quote:
Is it time to get your bangs trimmmed? Nails cut? .... LOL... stop hitting with the frypan- it will swell which causes water retention!

Quote:
TGIF! So excited its Friday! It's weigh in day! It is also my last day of going to my coach ....I have done all my research (although I still have TONS left to read and research), but I know I can do it on my own...especially with all of you ladies!
This is why I encourage others to stick with their coach for awhile if they need to. We get to a point where we understand it and can be successful without the coach so it's great that you are now informed and can make it work on your own. When I first joined, I needed that time with a coach to figure this all out. Now, either way "I got it"
Old 06-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #30  

So, I picked up my CSA on Wednesday.

Many of the veggies had their greens attached (beets and carrots for DH, for example).

I saved all of the greens and I've had to do some internet searching to determine which greens I could use in my smoothies.
I got
radish greens (yes)
Beet greens (suprisingly, yes)
Carrot greens (yes but next time add some Torani syrup b/c they are very bitter!)
Garlic Scapes (no! - much higher carb)

I roasted all the veggies yesterday, along with asparagus. DH got all the non-IP compliant veggies.

In addition to figuring that out, we also got lettuce, other "greens" and spinach, which are much easier for me to use without having to research first!
Closed Thread