Old 06-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #76  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Good for you, ordering properly for fueling your body... but I can hardly believe you have such a warped office! REALLY?! 'Fat Friday?!'
We only had 'casual Fridays' at the bank... and that had better be the good dressy jeans and a nice blouse or dressy T. Waaay less calorific! Time to look for a healthier job environment?
Liana
Haha! It's all in good fun! I don't get pressured...actually the opposite, some of the ladies have commented that they've changed their order after they heard what I ordered. The days that really kill me are the birthday bagel days! They get bagels from a local shop that cooks them to order. OMG sooo good! It's only once a month so I just have to tell myself, maybe next month, every month! LOL
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Haha! It's all in good fun! I don't get pressured...actually the opposite, some of the ladies have commented that they've changed their order after they heard what I ordered. The days that really kill me are the birthday bagel days! They get bagels from a local shop that cooks them to order. OMG sooo good! It's only once a month so I just have to tell myself, maybe next month, every month! LOL
Noooo! Sorry, you still have a warped office - birthday bagels every month!
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #78  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

My office? Donuts on the 15th and Bagels on the 30th. Payday perk I guess. Oh and random "treats" all summer long. Next week - nacho bar. Yay.
tyranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #79  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranny View Post
My office? Donuts on the 15th and Bagels on the 30th. Payday perk I guess. Oh and random "treats" all summer long. Next week - nacho bar. Yay.
Ouch! Now that's a tough environment! I find that a Pure Protein S'mores bar helps when I feel tempted. Those are so yummy, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

We had pie day last winter. I have never seen so many pies in my life. I avoided the break room for two days.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Sheeesh... must be a US thing...lol

Christmastime meant the lawyers' offices would send us boxes of French Dark Chocolate truffles and we would get large trays of dried fruits & nuts. Once in a while our little old lady customers would bake a tray of cupcakes or cookies for us but not THAT often.

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-20-2014 at 10:23 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #82  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

We have "nutrition guidelines" in schools now -- can't even sell hotdogs. Pizza has to be cheese only on a whole wheat crust...

...even staff food has to have "healthy snack" component. I guess it's a good thing
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:32 PM   #83  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

We have "nutrition guidelines" in schools now -- can't even sell hotdogs. Pizza has to be cheese only on a whole wheat crust...

... staff food for treats or meetings has to have "healthy snack" component. Even "prizes" for games etc. can not be food related. They don't want kids to associate reward with candy. I guess it's a good thing.

Last edited by IP43; 06-20-2014 at 11:33 PM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #84  
IP start date 12/12/12

Whoohoo! Down another 2.5 lbs!! So happy!
8.5 lbs in 3 weeks! Not bad for 90%!!

I hope you all had a great weekend! The weather here was fantastic! We had a couple of bonfires, did some yard work, and just generally enjoyed the sunshine!! Got up this morning and went to my fav kickboxing class! This week is off to a great start!

Have a good day everybody!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I feel like the weekends keep kicking my butt. I had three meals out this weekend - and I had yet to have a single meal out before this! I did stray a little (had a little cheese and fried calamari Friday night), but I stayed in ketosis. Friday night's dinner out was planned in advance. Spent the rest of the weekend moving BF in. We were stuck at his place Saturday night with no food or dishes, so enjoyed dinner at a Mexican/Salvadorean restaurant. It was delicious, and pretty much OP except for the small bite of rice, one of beans, and that one chip with salsa that I had. Overall, I'm proud of myself for allowing a small taste and not letting that lead to an all-out shoveling of carbs into my mouth. Sunday brunch to celebrate his mom's birthday was fine - I love anywhere that has a "build your own omelet" option.

I still just have so much trouble getting all my food in on the weekends. Even with moving furniture and boxes all weekend, I just wasn't that hungry. I do fine getting my veggies in during the week because I plan it out carefully. On the weekends there has just been so much going on it's almost impossible to plan that well. I have stomach issues that are exacerbated by raw veggies so I can't just throw some peppers in my purse to munch on.

Fortunately, the moving is over (FINALLY!!!) and weekends should settle down. BF leaves for the beach next Saturday with his family so I'll be able to have a relaxing, planned weekend. I guess the real test will come mid-week when I join them at the beach, but I'm already developing my plan to stay as OP as possible. I've already placed a request that if we do any take-out we don't do pizza!

Last edited by NotCoolEnough; 06-23-2014 at 10:41 AM.
NotCoolEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #86  
IP start date 12/12/12

Sounds like quite the busy weekend! And it sounds like you did okay, food-wise. I have a wicked hard time with veggies on the weekends too! Have you tried putting spinach in a smoothie? I'm gonna try that next weekend and see if it helps me get at least some of my veggies in. Not being able to eat raw veggies has got to be really challenging! That requires you to do even more planning! But it can be done! And having the weight fall off is a great motivation to stick with the plan!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #87  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post

I still just have so much trouble getting all my food in on the weekends. Even with moving furniture and boxes all weekend, I just wasn't that hungry. I do fine getting my veggies in during the week because I plan it out carefully. On the weekends there has just been so much going on it's almost impossible to plan that well. I have stomach issues that are exacerbated by raw veggies so I can't just throw some peppers in my purse to munch on.
I totally feel for you! A few months after I started IP I had some medical issues that required a low fiber diet - no raw veggies and the few veggies I could have had to be peeled and cooked to death. I discovered that zucchini chips (peeled) work well if you get them crispy as do kale chips (even though I don't really like them). They can be prepared in advance and then stuck in baggies when cool. Sauteeing spinach is pretty easy if you have time and cooks down a lot. I also roasted red peppers and they work pretty well to eat cold or turn into a puree to add to other food or pour over your meat. Best of luck to you!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

For FAST Veggies - get the steamer bags in the frozen section. Our market often has them on sale for $1 per bag so I stock up. I get broccoli, cauliflower, a "winter mix" of those two and brussel sprouts. I often just heat up an IP soup and pour it over the veggies and I am set in about 8 minutes! I take these when I travel too as most hotels have microwaves I can use and I often work consulting in schools, so I take them with soup for an easy lunch.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #89  
IP start date 12/12/12

Zero appetite today in spite of doing a great workout this morning. So far I've had two cups of coffee with non dairy creamer, two scrambled eggs, and mushroom soup with left over veggies from last night. So since i don't feel like eating, I'm having a proti-diet wild berry drink. Not my favorite but at least I'm getting something in me!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #90  
IP start date 12/12/12

Hmmm...up a little bit on the scale this morning. My muscles are a little sore from kickboxing yesterday so I'm guessing that's what the cause is. Plus I might be experiencing a bit of the big C. No worries, I haven't done anything that would actually make me gain real weight so onward & forward.

Have a great day!!

ETA: Yesterday was my anniversary and DH picked me a bouquet of flowers and made me a card. He's artistically inclined and he drew an awesome picture of our new house on the front of the card. It might sound silly but I think it was much more romantic than just buying a stock card and flowers. I'm a lucky girl!

Last edited by mrskuby; 06-24-2014 at 09:24 AM.