Old 06-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #61  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

LOL I will return to that thread soon gotta get back OP for at least a couple weeks, not that I have any doubts I will do just that!
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 232/217.5/170

Height: 5'3.5''

Hey all, I have been on IP for about 4 weeks now. Just started my week 5. I had been doing great not cheating except for when I had my TOM of the month last week. I had a whole weat role twice last week. I am trying to do better. I still lost 1.5 lbs but..I hope I can join this group and learn from everyone
drbuzymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #63  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Still recovering from this gawd awful head cold! I was down for the count yesterday...didn't move from the couch.

But...I stepped on the scale this morning and it looks like I lost the weekend's 1.5 plus another pound! Official WI is on Friday but it's shaping up to be a good week!

Happy hump day everyone!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #64  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Great work mrskuby. Lots of time being sick (besides just making you feel like crap) has you retaining fluids etc. so it's great you had such good results.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #65  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Great work mrskuby. Lots of time being sick (besides just making you feel like crap) has you retaining fluids etc. so it's great you had such good results.
Thanks! I'm starting to feel better but given the amount of water I've been drinking, I must be retaining water like crazy cause I am hardly peeing (TMI, I know )
Old 06-19-2014, 11:03 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Has anyone else noticed that food that used to taste good just doesn't anymore? I was on a little weekend vacation and I cheated and had wine, spaghetti, pancakes and a burger (no wonder I gained weight for the 1st time since I started this diet) and absolutely none of it tasted good. Plus I felt horrible for a couple days after with stomach aches....
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 201/189/165

Height: 5`3"

week 3 for me and had lost 7 pounds. Had a brownie (or 2) and a piece of bread yesterday now up 2 pounds. so annoyed with myself
jeanl151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #68  

girls weekend coming up. planning to bring my IP food but know there will be so many temptations.. any advice?
Old 06-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #69  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Has anyone else noticed that food that used to taste good just doesn't anymore? I was on a little weekend vacation and I cheated and had wine, spaghetti, pancakes and a burger (no wonder I gained weight for the 1st time since I started this diet) and absolutely none of it tasted good. Plus I felt horrible for a couple days after with stomach aches....
Unfortunately, that has not been my experience! Food always tastes good! LOL But you sure did have a lot of carbs so it's no wonder that you felt crappy. Next time you're tempted, try to remember what you just said..."absolutely none of it tasted good and you felt bad for days". You won't think of it as missing out on anything if you remember the bad parts. I consider myself 90% because if I do go off plan, it's usually low carbs but maybe higher fats and wine. I try to think of the Atkin's diet if I feel the desire to indulge. It works for me but it's not the IP plan so YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl151 View Post
week 3 for me and had lost 7 pounds. Had a brownie (or 2) and a piece of bread yesterday now up 2 pounds. so annoyed with myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl151 View Post
girls weekend coming up. planning to bring my IP food but know there will be so many temptations.. any advice?
Those pounds will be off before you know it! It is just water, you didn't eat 7000 calories (which is equal to two pounds, so I've been told).

As far as the girls weekend, lots of veggies to snack on! Not sure where your going but if you've got access to an oven, chop up a head of cauliflower and roast it with some olive oil drizzled on it and salt, pepper, garlic, etc. I've also tossed it with buffalo sauce and had buffalo cauliflower. DH and I can eat a whole head either way. And he's not on any kind of diet!

Also, talk to one person that you can really trust to hold your feet to the fire and ask her to talk you down from the ledge if you think about jumping off plan. That way you have someone on your side in case the others start to lead you in the wrong direction. You can do this!!

Last edited by mrskuby; 06-19-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #70  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
I only felt crappy after some French fries, really good ones lol but I gotta say the shrimp parmesan pasta at olive garden tasted fantastic! LOL But I'm just glad that four days after my vacation I've lost the weight I gained plus a few pounds. The vacation and off plan eating makes me feel a little less nervous about maintenance... If I can eat like that for 5 days, going out for every meal and not gain 10lbs I'm sure I can manage maintenance.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Unfortunately, that has not been my experience! Food always tastes good! LOL But you sure did have a lot of carbs so it's no wonder that you felt crappy. Next time you're tempted, try to remember what you just said..."absolutely none of it tasted good and you felt bad for days". You won't think of it as missing out on anything if you remember the bad parts. I consider myself 90% because if I do go off plan, it's usually low carbs but maybe higher fats and wine. I try to think of the Atkin's diet if I feel the desire to indulge. It works for me but it's not the IP plan so YMMV.

Those pounds will be off before you know it! It is just water, you didn't eat 7000 calories (which is equal to two pounds, so I've been told).

As far as the girls weekend, lots of veggies to snack on! Not sure where your going but if you've got access to an oven, chop up a head of cauliflower and roast it with some olive oil drizzled on it and salt, pepper, garlic, etc. I've also tossed it with buffalo sauce and had buffalo cauliflower. DH and I can eat a whole head either way. And he's not on any kind of diet!

Also, talk to one person that you can really trust to hold your feet to the fire and ask her to talk you down from the ledge if you think about jumping off plan. That way you have someone on your side in case the others start to lead you in the wrong direction. You can do this!!
thanks so much for your advice. Cauliflower is a great snack to bring with me. I will find a friend to rely on.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I only felt crappy after some French fries, really good ones lol but I gotta say the shrimp parmesan pasta at olive garden tasted fantastic! LOL But I'm just glad that four days after my vacation I've lost the weight I gained plus a few pounds. The vacation and off plan eating makes me feel a little less nervous about maintenance... If I can eat like that for 5 days, going out for every meal and not gain 10lbs I'm sure I can manage maintenance.

Amber did you eat some IP meals while you were away>
Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #73  
IP start date 12/12/12

Morning folks! Just stopping by to say hello! Had a lovely OP meal last night...I grilled shrimp and veggie kabobs on the bbq and it was delish! I tried to find rhubarb yesterday but there was no fresh or frozen. Bummer! I was looking forward to having some. When I do find some I'm gonna buy a lot to keep in the freezer!

Oh well, back to work! Have a great day!!
Old 06-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #74  
IP start date 12/12/12

I just had a pancake made from Maple Farms sugar free mix, topped it with WF apple butter and added some extra cinnamon. Yummy!

Today is "fat Friday" here at work...we order lunch out so I ordered a burger topped with mushrooms, no bun, no fries and a side salad. I'm hungry already!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Today is "fat Friday" here at work...we order lunch out so I ordered a burger topped with mushrooms, no bun, no fries and a side salad. I'm hungry already!
Good for you, ordering properly for fueling your body... but I can hardly believe you have such a warped office! REALLY?! 'Fat Friday?!'
We only had 'casual Fridays' at the bank... and that had better be the good dressy jeans and a nice blouse or dressy T. Waaay less calorific! Time to look for a healthier job environment?
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote