Old 07-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #121  
Rebooter

S/C/G: 155/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Cheats and all, at 10 days into this round, I've lost almost 8 lbs. I'm so keeping my daily 3 oz of wine!!
AeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
Someone actually did this. I think it is in the current alternative products page, or possibly the one before.
I have a list of everything I order and comments, what is restricted, etc. Message me your email and I can send it to you.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRose View Post
Cheats and all, at 10 days into this round, I've lost almost 8 lbs. I'm so keeping my daily 3 oz of wine!!
I think I'd rather have 9 oz a couple times a week... 3 oz is barely a sip
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I have a list of everything I order and comments, what is restricted, etc. Message me your email and I can send it to you.
Thanks Laurie! Message sent!
Sheena1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

So Wednesday morning I was up a pound because I ate popcorn again at movie. Today I was down almost two lbs at weigh in. Yay! I guess it all worked out! At least I still went down. I guess there really is something to be said for not giving up and just getting back on the wagon!
Sheena1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #126  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Looove your new picture Mizzthingaling! I liked your hair in the last one, and the baby blue looks neat in this one. Pardon me for being personal, but is it a wig? (I only ask because I have several in all lengths & colours. It's way easier on your hair than doing a permanent strip & change every other week, lol) Congrats on your 'downsizing.'

Liana
Aww thank you for both. Yes, it is. You are right. I like to dye my hair too, but I like to change like you so I keep many wigs. I have my eye on a green one right now. I may wait until after summer though because it's getting too hot.

So I've been trying olive oil as the oil again and I just don't like it. I notice great losses with coconut oil. I'm not a wine drinker but I have had a few cherries. Nothing happened.

Last edited by Mizzthingaling; 07-12-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to update
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:40 AM   #127  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
Aww thank you for both. Yes, it is. You are right. I like to dye my hair too, but I like to change like you so I keep many wigs. I have my eye on a green one right now. I may wait until after summer though because it's getting too hot.

So I've been trying olive oil as the oil again and I just don't like it. I notice great losses with coconut oil. I'm not a wine drinker but I have had a few cherries. Nothing happened.
Try light olive oil instead of extra virgin. The light really doesn't have a distint taste.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #128  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post

There is so much good info on Coconut oil and its benefits that personally, I am trying to use it more often when I can. I can't find the non-flavoured one so I only use it when I don't mind the coconutty flavour in with whatever I'm eating.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #129  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Try light olive oil instead of extra virgin. The light really doesn't have a distint taste.
I'm going to try that and see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
There is so much good info on Coconut oil and its benefits that personally, I am trying to use it more often when I can. I can't find the non-flavoured one so I only use it when I don't mind the coconutty flavour in with whatever I'm eating.
You may have to order online for that. A lot of things I liked at home aren't here, so I've had to do a lot more online shopping.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:06 AM   #130  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I am reading the book "The Coconut Oil Diet" (I believe) and it talks so much about the GOOD things in coconut oil that far outweigh EVOO or any other type of oil.Even though it is a fat, it is not the same kind of fat as any other oil and your body doesn't store it like a fat. Of course the book's author is biased but the more I read it the more I'm convinced that it's the way to go for me. I have lots of EVOO to use so it's not a big deal, but in maintenance, I'll be a coconut oil girl for sure
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #131  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Wine!!! Whine!!!

Ugh! Wine is defeating me! I'm okay with food, minor off plan items, but I have to stop with the wine! Sure, if I could have just one glass, it would be fine but nooo, I always have more than i planned! So I went out at lunch today and got myself some cranberry-lime seltzer. That's what I used last time to replace the wine so I will try it again! I will overcome the call of the wine!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Ugh! Wine is defeating me! I'm okay with food, minor off plan items, but I have to stop with the wine! Sure, if I could have just one glass, it would be fine but nooo, I always have more than i planned! So I went out at lunch today and got myself some cranberry-lime seltzer. That's what I used last time to replace the wine so I will try it again! I will overcome the call of the wine!
Before I started IP I would drink a glass of wine a night, it was my way of relaxing when I got home from work. I started IP on May 16 and am happy to say that I have not had one drop since. At first it was difficult because it was more of a habit, but I replaced with seltzer water and Mio. I put my seltzer water in a wine glass with a squirt of MIO and that is my "wine" it works for me. I can't say that I don't miss the wine, once in a while, mostly if I am with other people that are drinking, I do, but for the most part I don't.
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #133  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Before I started IP I would drink a glass of wine a night, it was my way of relaxing when I got home from work. I started IP on May 16 and am happy to say that I have not had one drop since. At first it was difficult because it was more of a habit, but I replaced with seltzer water and Mio. I put my seltzer water in a wine glass with a squirt of MIO and that is my "wine" it works for me. I can't say that I don't miss the wine, once in a while, mostly if I am with other people that are drinking, I do, but for the most part I don't.
My problem is that I drink Chard and I really don't care much for sweet drinks (including wine) so adding Mio just doesn't do it for me. The cranberry flavored seltzer isn't too sweet so it does help as a replacement. I just have to power thru it and get to goal!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
My problem is that I drink Chard and I really don't care much for sweet drinks (including wine) so adding Mio just doesn't do it for me. The cranberry flavored seltzer isn't too sweet so it does help as a replacement. I just have to power thru it and get to goal!
Pretend you are pregnant. If you would do it for your baby then you should feel you are just as important.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #135  

I also wanted to add that the wine is more than a cheat that could effect the scale. It really isn't a healthy thing for your body to have to deal with when you are in ketosis.

I know it has been discussed previously. I'm also not trying to be preachy. I just wanted to mention it in case there are some newbies out there.